tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I absolutely adore this mod, it really brought the spark back to this game for me in a big way and now it feels really weird to play without it. My only question and feedback is about the player burning effect. Are there any plans on adding a config toggle for this, or adding an immunity effect to an appropriate accessory? This is really the only thing about this mod that doesn't make a ton of sense to me in terms of balance. It makes the underworld even more of a chore than it already is and it makes certain sections and bosses in hardmode incredibly frustrating, to the point where the best option is to just disable the mod during those moments. I just don't see the value in adding an effect that completely strips player agency, especially when iframes are also removed from the equation- I know that rolling reduces the effect but even still, as a previous poster mentioned, it essentially becomes a death sentence regardless.

Recent update changed the compatibility of terraria patcher with overhaul. Causes force closings and for some reason disables the dodge/roll function. But if i disable the plugins it works fine as well as the stock options of the patcher so wondering if the loading of the plugins was somehow changed since it was working prior to recent update.

this is what shows up:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item)
at ItemChecklist.ItemChecklistGlobalItem.ItemReceived(Item item) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ItemChecklist\ItemChecklistGlobalItem.cs:line 30
at ItemChecklist.ItemChecklistPlayer.PreUpdate() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ItemChecklist\ItemChecklistPlayer.cs:line 89
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreUpdate(Player player)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Recent update changed the compatibility of terraria patcher with overhaul. Causes force closings and for some reason disables the dodge/roll function. But if i disable the plugins it works fine as well as the stock options of the patcher so wondering if the loading of the plugins was somehow changed since it was working prior to recent update.

this is what shows up:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item)
at ItemChecklist.ItemChecklistGlobalItem.ItemReceived(Item item) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ItemChecklist\ItemChecklistGlobalItem.cs:line 30
at ItemChecklist.ItemChecklistPlayer.PreUpdate() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ItemChecklist\ItemChecklistPlayer.cs:line 89
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreUpdate(Player player)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
Definitely not my fault.

Spazmatism can instakill you when in rage mode, his flame stream can hit you a thousand times in 1 second because it doesn't count as 1 projectile but many overlapping projectiles.

Could you add compatibility with OmniSwing? I'd rather have all my weapons auto swing/fire than charge up. Is it possible to disable that feature of the mod?

You should use the Cross Necklace to survive my friend. It gives you back the invincibility second.
Oh I managed to kill him on the next try, I just had to keep my distance using my rod of discord because im playing revengence mode, which makes him dash at you. Using the cross necklace is a great idea, I only wish I had thought of that so I wouldn't have had the misfortune of having to fight them twice. Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.
[doublepost=1503345190,1503344742][/doublepost]
I need help with this mod.. It sounds awesome, yet I cannot use. :(
Whats the problem? to many mods enabled so that you hit the ram limit for terraria, or maybe you have an incompatible mod enabled at the same time. If it's a matter of performance the most you can do is turn on frame skip on put the game in windowed and go into the mods config file and tinker with the gore and rendering settings. Give me an idea of your issue and ill try and do all i can to help.

i love it but there is alot of lag with the gore when you have an event
You can just disable the gore and the blood in the config if it's a serious issue, personally I disabled blood, not for performance issues, but rather because when ever there was blood on the ground there would occasionally be a lighting glitch where all the tiles would temporarily disappear then reappear.

Oh I managed to kill him on the next try, I just had to keep my distance using my rod of discord because im playing revengence mode, which makes him dash at you. Using the cross necklace is a great idea, I only wish I had thought of that so I wouldn't have had the misfortune of having to fight them twice. Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.
[doublepost=1503345190,1503344742][/doublepost]
Whats the problem? to many mods enabled so that you hit the ram limit for terraria, or maybe you have an incompatible mod enabled at the same time. If it's a matter of performance the most you can do is turn on frame skip on put the game in windowed and go into the mods config file and tinker with the gore and rendering settings. Give me an idea of your issue and ill try and do all i can to help.
I was only using the mod itself, also now it actually works. :) but my knockback doesn't. Is this intentional? It shouldn't if so. Any time I hit a slime Im dead.

I was only using the mod itself, also now it actually works. :) but my knockback doesn't. Is this intentional? It shouldn't if so. Any time I hit a slime Im dead.
Yes there is reduced knock back though it is still there, this is intentional, this is so you have to make use of your doge roll, but it has been reduced mainly because of the stun feature. If you hit an enemy they should turn red for a small time, during which they cant hit you. Slimes shouldn't instakill, but do make note that the are no more invincibility frames, well at least not normal frames. If you get hit by and enemy or projectile you will have invincibility frames to that specific enemy or projectile but not to all other things as well, the name individual invincibility frames is how I'd describe it. Hope this helps.

I experienced an issue where my arms disapear while holding any gun (or anything that enables independant arms), i have Tremor, Thorium and Hero's mod, i just remember shooting monsters in midnight with a shotgun when this happened, the weapons whould still work but i wasn't able to see nor my arms or the weapon

edit: also trinkets like gloves or stuff that goes in the arms and head seem to not be visible when equiped

Last edited:
this mod is awful. painful screams, undeletable...
[doublepost=1503414152,1503414115][/doublepost]
I experienced an issue where my arms disapear while holding any gun (or anything that enables independant arms), i have Tremor, Thorium and Hero's mod, i just remember shooting monsters in midnight with a shotgun when this happened, the weapons whould still work but i wasn't able to see nor my arms or the weapon

edit: also trinkets like gloves or stuff that goes in the arms and head seem to not be visible when equiped

For some reason im slow and it feels like lower gravity but for other people on my server its totally fine but i lag for them. reinstalled terraria + mod, then it was fine until i died once. now its slow again. weird

I'll have to wait for a friend of mine to return from vacation to play this mod, so for now I'll thank you for the laughs I had reading the content log

Already fixed for the next update, but that update won't come out too soon, cuz i'm adding A LOT of new stuff.
[doublepost=1503430046,1503429836][/doublepost]Streamable video spoilers from the discord server (which you should totally join btw)

Seasons! - https://streamable.com/kgr02
Water evaporation and floods! (Summer only) - https://streamable.com/b6tsh
Water freezing - https://streamable.com/214ok

Basically, i'm implementing seasons, and that itself could be a mod as giant as the current 1.1.2

Back
Top Bottom