tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I tried loading Overhaul with no other mods installed, and it cranked out this error every time. Fixes?

Attachments

• 20180718014041_1.jpg
    20180718014041_1.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 271
While playing in a multiplayer session, Overhaul seems to be causing treasure bags in expert mode to not drop from bosses after being killed. In addition, the boss isn't registered as defeated either, as I have killed the brain of cthulhu multiple times (along with my friends in the session) yet neither the [Boss name] has been defeated nor the events which may trigger appear/occur upon the boss being defeated, such as the meteorite landing event not occurring after the multiple fights with the BoC. This bug is heavily random, although the brain appears to be most affected by it thus far.

I'm aware of the issue of hosting and playing while using the same machine, however I've hosted the same world experiencing the issue on a different machine and fought the BoC again which produced no different results; the boss still wasn't spawning a treasure bag or being registered as defeated in that world. Fortunately, it appears the Wall of Flesh doesn't suffer from the issue, but I can't be certain as I've not tested it to the extent that I've tested the bug on the BoC. As for other bosses, it varies, the king slime seemed to not drop his loot 50% of the time, and the one time we fought skeletron he didn't drop anything, but the dungeon was accessible, strangely. While the entirety of the issue can be bypassed by disabling overhaul and defeating the bosses which are suffering from the issue, this can be tedious as the server will need to be restarted each time.

As for some side notes in this superbly boring post:
I'm receiving this error randomly
9846dcf2c0eae78e83b6935a82e1cf64.png

It appears the wall of flesh has a much shorter death animation and much less gore in the animation than the BoC, not sure if this could play a part in causing the whole treasure bag not spawning thing, thought it would be worth mentioning though.

So it's activating and runing correctly, even with other mods installed, but now furniture sometimes vanishes when placing or taking it from tile form.

The onyx blaster is causing my console to be spammed with these errors while the gun is equipped in a multiplayer session
c6be02afc5c8a886a9f1ebf055ac1dac.png

Hi, can you please when the time comes to add the system of hunger, add the item to the food "Salo"? This is the traditional Ukrainian food from the pig. From Salo you can make a beacon if fried. Thank you:3

Why my season dont pass? aways when i start my save game, is aways 11 days to summer, is normal everytime, we start a game (savegame) the seasons count restart ?

As ssosos said above, seasons don't pass, it starts on summer day 1, goes to 12, starts the next season, then when the next day passes it flips back to summer day 2. Its really obnoxious, and the wolves need to be removed. They are almost enough to make me not want to play the mod, as if you are starting an expert mode world, you get 1 day before you are bombarded with a hardmode enemy that comes in packs of 10 or more. It makes the start of the game nearly unplayable and should be removed entirely. Also, you either need to try and create compatibility with other modded weapons, or just make overhaul not affect them. I've had many issues with thorium weapons regarding special attacks, autoswing, and power attacks. Though honestly if you could create patches for the few largest content mods (calamity, thorium, etc) that would allow the melee weapons to function properly with both power attacks and secondary attacks, and add functionality for clips and reloading to the guns, that would be greatly appreciated, though I doubt it will happen as I think I read somewhere you had to redo the sprites and such for every item you affected. Overall Overhaul is great, keep up the good work.

While playing in a multiplayer session, Overhaul seems to be causing treasure bags in expert mode to not drop from bosses after being killed. In addition, the boss isn't registered as defeated either, as I have killed the brain of cthulhu multiple times (along with my friends in the session) yet neither the [Boss name] has been defeated nor the events which may trigger appear/occur upon the boss being defeated, such as the meteorite landing event not occurring after the multiple fights with the BoC. This bug is heavily random, although the brain appears to be most affected by it thus far.

I'm aware of the issue of hosting and playing while using the same machine, however I've hosted the same world experiencing the issue on a different machine and fought the BoC again which produced no different results; the boss still wasn't spawning a treasure bag or being registered as defeated in that world. Fortunately, it appears the Wall of Flesh doesn't suffer from the issue, but I can't be certain as I've not tested it to the extent that I've tested the bug on the BoC. As for other bosses, it varies, the king slime seemed to not drop his loot 50% of the time, and the one time we fought skeletron he didn't drop anything, but the dungeon was accessible, strangely. While the entirety of the issue can be bypassed by disabling overhaul and defeating the bosses which are suffering from the issue, this can be tedious as the server will need to be restarted each time.

As for some side notes in this superbly boring post:
I'm receiving this error randomly
View attachment 204860

It appears the wall of flesh has a much shorter death animation and much less gore in the animation than the BoC, not sure if this could play a part in causing the whole treasure bag not spawning thing, thought it would be worth mentioning though.

Thumbs up to this problem, we almost refused to use this mod due to that issue. However, seems like there a workaround solution i have found (based on your answer, thanks for that):
~user\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\TerrariaOverhaul
Theres "Config" file, i have changed maxGores to 50 and disabled "enableItemOverhauls". Not sure which one helped, but atleastwe are not loosing boss bugs anymore. Hope it would help someone.

{
"help": "type ''/oConfig'' in chat to reload configuration without restarting (works for servers too)",
"clientside": {
"noSounds": false,
"disableOptionalSprites": false,
"screenShakeStrength": 1.0,
"earthquakesScreenshake": true,
"smokeAmountScale": 1.0,
"goreStay": false,
"enableBlood": true,
"enableBloodOnTiles": true,
"maxBloodChunks": 15,
"bloodStay": false,
"bloodAmountScale": 1.0,
"vanillaWeaponSounds": false,
"showOSCursor": false,
"fixedCamera": false,
"smoothCamera": true,
"vanillaPlayerRendering": false,
"disablePatreonSpam": false,
"enableFireEffects": true,
"maxGores": 50,
"showKeyHints": true,
"detailedMeleeDamage": true,
"enableSnowOverlays": true,
"enableGruesomeScreams": true,
"enableAttackGrunts": true,
"enableMusicRemixes": true,
"enableBloomingEvilMusic": true,
"allowUpdateChecks": true,
"allowPatreonChecks": true,
"showWeaponInUI": true,
"logEverything": false,
"disableEnemyHealthbars": false,
"disableDamageNumbers": false,
"chatColor": "255, 255, 255, 255",
"emoteHotkeys": [
"DEFAULT/KAG/Exclamation",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Smile",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Sad",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Mad",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Tongue",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Confused",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Rekt",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Rage",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Derp",
"DEFAULT/KAG/Question"
]
},
"enableHookPhysics": true,
"enableDurability": true,
"enableFireSystem": true,
"torchesStartFires": true,
"forcePvP": false,
"allowDebug": false,
"enableItemOverhauls": false,
"enableTreeChanges": true,
"enableHolidays": true,
"breakableGlass": true
}

Are you guys planning an update for the latest version of tmodloader? Since I've upgraded it, I couldn't play with your mod (Aka Overhaul), will it be soon? Or I have to degrade the version of tmod?

I'm using latest tModLoader (v0.10.1.5) with many mods and everything works fine on my side. Maybe you have failed to install tmod correctly, try to reinstall whole game.
If someone wonder what mods are good with Overhaul you can see them here + some not visible on screenshot like Thorium + Tremor and few more.
terraria.jpg

Sometimes when I'm starting up the game, it says Terraria Overhaul: Prepare to Die Edition. Is that part of the Calamity compatibility?

Sometimes when I'm starting up the game, it says Terraria Overhaul: Prepare to Die Edition. Is that part of the Calamity compatibility?

It's from game "Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition" and i think it might mean how hard game should be with this mod :)
I would be really happy if Terraria was more like Dark Souls in term of difficulty, i mean not bosses, but everything you do and simple monsters you fight.

Love this mod but just gotta question, I occasionally wall jump and go FLYING. I have no idea what button im pressing and when I try again to do it it doesnt work :D

Can someone just clarify the exact process needed to do this lol?
same I need to learn all the movement tricks because I flipped off a wall once and had absolutely no idea how to do it again as i did not have instructions.

A bug report, the game crashes as soon as the Twins go into their second phase. Could be something wrong with the sound files.

Whenever I tried to start Terraria Overhaul on a server I get this crash

7/27/2018 7:18:50 PM
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.Stream.Close()
at System.IO.StreamWriter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.TextWriter.Dispose()
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.SetModEnabled(String modName, Boolean active)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Any ideas?
And no I do not have any other mods installed with it.

Back
Top Bottom