Terraria State of the Game - August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't like the idea of fishing in shimmer, but if it's ever implemented it should at least be in a way that makes sense.

You can fish in shimmer, all you catch is the Shimmered debuff. Shimmer Fishing would require an Aetherium Fishing Pole, like swimming in it requires Chromatic Cloak.
Kind of like this

I honestly don't like the idea of fishing in shimmer, but if it's ever implemented it should at least be in a way that makes sense.

Kind of like this
I'll note that this is already what happens. I agree it only makes sense with a special shimmer fishing rod. Maybe a use for all the extra golden fishing rods I sell.

I don't usually agree with you on much, but I have to agree it's a good thing that Fledgling Wings got sorted out. I had someone who never played before 1.4 tell me that the change to the wings actively gave him a more fulfilling progression experience. Much better as a nice treat.
Honestly, I was quite shocked and confused for a good while, as to why this was so controversial at the time [i.e. Devs doubling-down], when it seemed pretty obvious... at least to me and a few others. I was personally never gonna stop bringing it up, even at the cost of popularity, because that item, at least to me, symbolized a possible trend of "overstepping", that might continue until it was 'too late'. Thankfully something happened that gave everyone a change-of-heart and the issue was properly addressed.

My same worry goes into the newer Whips being added, on top of the buffs to Sentries and access to Minions that was already added. I honestly don't see a reason or need for them, Summoner Class doesn't appear to be lacking in power or functionality, so why... is the question I often ask. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Side Note: I guess a good question I have that most would also find interesting is, what tier will the Whips for BoC/ EoW be, pre-Jungle, post-Jungle? There was a time I was certain that most Players would consider Jungle Gear to be post BoC/ EoW, but by how much, I don't know, it was a very delicate balance. Two Whips being so close in power-level for Summoner just seems... weird to me, but who knows, maybe it'll all make sense in then end?

The new Twins music is good, but I feel like it doesn't fit the Twins particularly well. The Twins are a pretty frantic and high-energy fight considering there are two of them and they both move and attack pretty fast, but the music is deep and slow. I think the Destroyer would be a better fit for it, being a bigger, simpler boss with higher raw health and damage. Skeletron Prime or an event even would also work pretty well, but I think the Twins need something faster.

I don't usually agree with you on much, but I have to agree it's a good thing that Fledgling Wings got sorted out. I had someone who never played before 1.4 tell me that the change to the wings actively gave him a more fulfilling progression experience. Much better as a nice treat.

Do have to agree with the focus on spectacle though I do think there is a power creep element to it too. When the swords got tweaked it seems like they ended up being so flashy and powerful that there was never a reason to use anything else. Like when you get Terra Blade there is basically no other Post-Plantera item on its tier that even comes close to being as strong and bombastic other than like The Horseman's Blade which is still much worse in comparison. It just feels like I'd be playing the game wrong to even bother using an item like Golem Fist when Terra Blade exists.
I was worried that I would stick to Terra Blade forever in my recent melee run, but the moment I discovered Flying Dragon's raw power, I dropped Terra Blade almost instantly. Moon Lord stood no chance. Hope it doesn't get nerfed.
Justice for Golem Fist though.
All right enough rambling from me

I was worried that I would stick to Terra Blade forever in my recent melee run, but the moment I discovered Flying Dragon's raw power, I dropped Terra Blade almost instantly. Moon Lord stood no chance. Hope it doesn't get nerfed.
Yeah, Flying Dragon OP. It was the second weapon I used in my Golem Fist playthrough.
(I started with Golem Fist.)

You're right, I did forget flying dragon. The funny thing is part of why it stands out is because of how similar it is to the new Terra Blade but with higher base damage-

A shame I forgot too since Tier 3 OOA was the first thing I did straight away after beating Golem in my Legendary mode run.

Last edited:
Greetings Terrarians!

Back to school time already? Whether you are already back, heading back, or glad to have school way back in your personal rear-view mirror; there is always time for the latest Terraria news! Our teams have been working feverishly all month, adding new goodies to the game and balancing and fixing what already exists. Beyond that, we saw three product launches in the month of August - busy times! You will definitely want to dive deep into this State of the Game, as there is a good bit of juicy and important information to cover. Fall is right around the corner, and it is one of our favorite times of the year. Who knows, maybe we will see a return of the always-popular Terraria Halloween Contest...

Without further ado, shall we get right into all things Terraria?

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS - RE-LOGIC

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

CONSOLE & MOBILE NEWS - DR STUDIOS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

index.php

TERRARIA 1.4.5 - TUNES, TIME, AND NEW ADDITIONS

The team playthrough has come and gone. I don't think anyone will soon forget their time in The Mad Realm of Boulders! Fun was had, TONS of notes were taken, and the benefits of this playthrough are already being seen in the work on Terraria 1.4.5.

Speaking of time, we have an update on timing for everyone. As we started to check off what work remained on the update, we realized that we would really have been remiss to not cover off some long-standing needs for new music. That's right, Terrarians, the 1.4.5 update will contain several new music tracks by our favorite composer, Scott Lloyd Shelly! How many exactly is still a bit to-be-determined, but we are anticipating at least 5 and maybe more! Want to check one of them out? Of course you do!

So, all that said, we mentioned an impact on timing - the production of all of these new tracks takes a good amount of time in composition, review, editing, etc. We are not going to rush Scott while he works on the latest in a long line of Terraria musical masterpieces. So, that means the update is going to take a bit longer to come out than we had originally anticipated. Now, before anyone gets too upset... the team realized that if we are having to wait on this music anyway, why not just keep the update development moving on our end and add even more goodies?!

What all will that entail? Well you will have to wait and see - but we have some pretty substantial ideas. How much we can get done will depend on how long the music takes. We are pretty confident everyone will be very happy with what we have in store and will feel like this was extra time well-spent. Can't show you too much too soon, though, so it will all be a mystery for now.

View attachment 423950
Oh, who are we kidding, you knew we were going to show something new. Are we sure it is safe to sit on this Aetherium Furniture, much less build a whole house using it?!

Anyway, we expect this extension to be in the scope of a few months at least - we will give a timeline as we get closer. In the meantime, rest assured that everyone will get a LOT more out of 1.4.5 than you ever expected.

index.php

STEAM WORKSHOP NEWS
We are creeping ever-closer to 100,000 packs/worlds in the Terraria Steam Workshop! You are missing out if you haven't taken the time to check out these amazing creations from the community.

Click the banner above to check out the Terraria Workshop!

NEW DEVELOPER'S CHOICE ENTRIES
Know what we haven't done in ages? Steam Workshop Developer's Choice! We have two awesome ones for you this go-round... and one of them is super clever. These have each been tagged and added to the Developer's Choice section on the Terraria Steam Workshop - congrats to both authors!

View attachment 424167
Boss Swap by Seasalt
We love this idea - funny and cool at the same time, we cannot wait to see the author finish out the rest of the bosses!

View attachment 424166
Backgrounds O' Plenty by Starlalaies
We quite literally were just discussing background diversity the other day... and then we saw this. A subtle but great addition to any playthrough!

index.php

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON?

Music reviews, exploring tons of new ideas, reviewing Book Two Graphic Novel stuff.

index.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

Back to Table of Contents
index.php

index.php

Hello everyone!

This month has flown by - with the release of 1.4.4 tModLoader at the start of August came a whole batch of mod updates and hot fixes. We hope you've been enjoying the 1.4.4 era of tModLoader! We are quite happy with how well the transition went from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 tModLoader - it was so smooth we could call it a success! That said, if you are having issues of any sort, definitely don't hesitate to check out our FAQ on github or reach out to us at our Discord.

As August comes to an end, we feel we are finally nearing cruising altitude and a return to normal scheduled updates. We have some exciting changes coming in September - including a Mod Browser Revamp... and still more improvements we've been wanting to make on the horizon while we set ourselves up for the future.

As always, we kindly request that we all respect modders' time and not hassle them about porting to 1.4.4. We are greatly impressed at seeing over 85% of all mods by subscriber count have ported to 1.4.4, but we continue to ask to please be respectful of those that have not. Thank you for your understanding.

index.php

tModLoader Steam Workshop - New Mods every Day!

The TML Steam Workshop has over 5000 mods already! Coupled with the in-game mod browser, the TML Steam Workshop is a great way to explore what modded Terraria has to offer - check it out today by clicking the banner above!
index.php

View attachment 422819
WHAT'S NEXT FOR TML?

Now that 1.4.4 release is behind us, we are once again casting our eyes towards the future - not only getting ready for 1.4.5 (whenever that happens to arrive), but also building a stronger foundation for that future.

As always, you can keep track of the current progress and much more in real time at tModLoader/tModLoader (But note that the completion percentage doesn't mean anything, because issues and PRs don't have weights.)

Developers who are willing to contribute may do so by doing PRs to the tModLoader/tModLoader branch. (See tModLoader/tModLoader)

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

View attachment 422820
CONSOLE & MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Over on the Console/Mobile front, we continue to keep pace as best we can with the PC side of the house. It is a different sort of challenge from the old days of playing "catch up", and one we rather enjoy. Being able to bring new Terraria content to everyone all at the same time remains a primary goal!

Speaking of, how about a fresh never before seen Terraria 1.4.5 spoiler?

Yoyo's are evolving - nature always finds a way...

Until next time, Console & Mobile friends - thanks for all of your love and support!

index.php

The team is feeling pretty good about console & mobile at this point, but we know that the bug reporting never stops! So, please, as you run into any issues, be sure to file a Bug Report via the links below!

CONSOLE BUG REPORTS

MOBILE BUG REPORTS

index.php

index.php

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

index.php

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE STORE HUB

The merchandise hub is where you can find all of the latest and greatest Terraria merchandise - with new stuff arriving all of the time! Check out the latest merch drops as well as some classics and pick up that epic Terraria gift for a friend (or yourself!).

Click the banner above to head to Terraria.org/store now!

index.php

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

TERRARIA x MADRINAS COLLABORATION

View attachment 423738

A few months ago, Madrinas Coffee reached out to the Re-Logic team to create some amazing coffees from the world of Terraria. Together we brought two unique flavors together inspired by the mysterious Dryad and the goofy-but-deadly Pigron – Wild Honey Cold Brew and Maple Bacon Whole Bean. The Terraria Team has been grinding through these coffees everyday and we hope you’ll enjoy them too!

Limited Edition Collector’s Boxes are still available, or you can pick up a single bag or a tub of your favorite in the link below!

MADRINAS x TERRARIA COLLECTION

index.php

TERRARIA TEAMS UP WITH EIGHTY SIXED FOR AWESOME NEW MERCH

View attachment 423999
The amazing artists over at Eighty Sixed recently launched the first wave of their Terraria Collection. These unique designs put a new spin on Terraria clothing, posters, and more in a way that we have not seen in the past. They have much more planned, so you will want to keep an eye on what's next!

View attachment 424008View attachment 424009View attachment 424010
View attachment 424011View attachment 424012View attachment 424013

For full details of the first wave release, check out the link below - or click the banner above to see the Terraria Collection over at eightysixed.com

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE FROM EIGHTY SIXED - LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT

index.php

NEW TERRARIA BIOME SERIES PIN FROM SANSHEE
After a brief hiatus, the Biome Pin Series from Sanshee is back with a brand new offering - the Ocean Biome! Featuring a dozing Angler, the Ocean Pin is a welcome addition to the Biome pin set.
View attachment 424014
Check out the entire Biome Series Terraria Pin Collection over at sanshee.com - and don't forget that preorders for King/Queen Slime Plush are still underway!

View attachment 424015View attachment 424017View attachment 424016
THE TERRARIA COLLECTION FROM SANSHEE

index.php

TERRARIA - THE BOARD GAME DESIGNER DIARY

View attachment 423703
Here we are again with the latest "Designer Diary" entry from the lead designer for Terraria: the Board Game - Chris Kingsworth. Let's see what he and the Paper Fort team have been up to over the last month!
---​
Hello Terrarians!

Chris here, game developer at Paper Fort Games. I’m back with the next installment of the Terraria: The Board Game designer diary. This month’s topics; how can we capture the sandbox feeling of Terraria on the tabletop, and what can we offer that can only be achieved in the physical world? Enjoy!

Freedom to Choose
Terraria is a game all about choice. If you want to run all the way to the ocean, you can (we’ve all done it!). Want to build a Hellevator? Go for it. Fancy mining every block in the world, or building beautiful things? No problem! With this in mind, it wouldn’t be right to design a board game that dictates exactly what you have to do. Instead, you’ll have control over how you play.

You’ll be able to choose the objectives for each playthrough, all of which reflect achievements in the digital game. Complete lots of easy-to-achieve tasks, like surviving your first night or building your first house, or defeat bosses for big points and fantastic loot! Alternatively, aim somewhere in the middle; spawn every NPC or mine every block within a biome.

On your turn, freedom of choice will be reinforced by a flexible action point system. This isn’t a game where cards dictate exactly what you have to do. Using your starting equipment, you’ll be able to dig, chop and stab. Want to run over to that tree, chop it down, zip over to a slime and stab it? If you’ve got the action points to do it, you can! You can spend your points how you like; whether that’s on a single endeavour or a variety of tasks. As you upgrade your equipment, the efficiency of your action points will increase. Perhaps you’ve forged an iron axe to replace your copper one; now you can dig more quickly and mine more efficiently.

Modular Miniatures and the ‘Advent Calendar’
We realize that we’re asking you to play a board game when you have the digital game at your fingertips, so let’s talk about things we can do in the physical world that aren’t achievable digitally. One of the reasons we hope you’re excited to play Terraria: The Board Game is the boss ‘advent calendar’.

Bosses are a big event in the videogame and we want to mirror that in the tabletop game. In the box you’ll find a number of doors. Each door will display spawn criteria for a different boss. For example, each time you kill a slime, you’ll be a step closer to the appearance of King Slime. When you hit the spawn threshold, you’ll open the door and find a modular boss miniature, with rules for an epic boss battle. As you fight, you’ll remove pieces of the miniature to track boss damage and reflect other status effects.

Here’s an example of one of these miniatures; our WIP sculpt for the Wall of Flesh:

We’re really looking forward to sharing more of these with you!

Next Month
As I mentioned last month, we’re passionate about Terraria and its players. We’re here to do the best we can and we want to bring you along for the journey by keeping you updated on what we’re doing; that’s one of the aims of the designer diary. In the next instalment, I’ll talk about world generation and deckbuilding in Terraria: The Board Game.

Don’t Miss Out!
If you haven’t already, please sign up at Get Ready for ⛏ Terraria: The Board Game! and be sure to click through to the Kickstarter ‘notify me’ page. We’d be very grateful if you could share the link with fellow Terrarians via social media; you’re always welcome to tag us in using @paperfortgames.

Until next time!
---

Sign up for the latest and greatest news on Terraria: the Board Game via the link below:
TERRARIA: THE BOARD GAME NEWS SIGN-UP LINK

In case you missed the big reveal, be sure to take a minute to read our post about Terraria - The Board Game, which contains details about timing, how it will be sold, and more!

TERRARIA - THE BOARD GAME DETAILS

index.php

TERRARIA GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES

The first reviews and revisions for the script for Issue 6 are nearing completion - and we just received the lineart/inks for the bulk of Issue 5 for review as of this morning. This keeps us on track to be able to deliver the next part of our epic Terraria adventure in the near future!

As in prior months, if you have any outstanding issues with your order from Issues 1-4, we do not want to miss the chance to take care of you (we have been able to take care of everyone that we know of thus far) - please reach out to [email protected] immediately so that we can take care of things ASAP. Feel free to let us at Re-Logic know via [email protected] (we have been able to help several folks) if you are having any issues as well, but the 50amp email above should be the best way to sort out any stragglers out there!

As for our sneak peek this month, let's take a break from all of these goblins and check in with an even more odd visitor...

View attachment 423705
Who knows what mysteries lie within the Traveling Merchant's pack... and where does he come from anyway?

index.php

OTHER COMMUNITY NEWS

TERRARIA MEDIA SPOTLIGHT
The Terraria community is filled with incredible fan media. We love to browse Terraria associated social pages and check out the creative minds sharing wonderful creations. We wanted to spotlight some of the trending media that caught our attention this month. Please let us know if any of the shared media has a different original creator.

(CLICK A GIVEN IMAGE TO HEAD OVER TO THE THREAD WHERE WE SAW IT)
FAN ART & BUILDS

View attachment 423707
Dino gardener by @Zap173 ⚡⚡⚡

View attachment 423708
Abigail’s Flower by @HollisV2

View attachment 423709
Plantera by @EntropyVT

Hogwarts! A Starter base and adventure map by @Wardo

View attachment 423710
Party Girl and Zoologist by @A_Mazarians_Boat

View attachment 423711
King Slime & Queen Skime by @PoundToundHound

View attachment 423712
Deerclops by @HandsomeSquirrel🐿️🍉⭐️

View attachment 423713
Mansion for the Zoologist and Guide by @greyliances

View attachment 423718
Crocheted Lunatic Cultist by @StarsAndStuff

View attachment 424313
Terraria NPCs by BloodyArt1st

View attachment 423720
Lunatic Cultist by @xenobucket

View attachment 424315
WHALE by OrientalOrange

View attachment 423730
Merchant’s Pawn Shop by @Weed_man420

View attachment 424316
Stylist & Party Girl by BloodyArt1st

View attachment 423731
Desert pylon by @Tor14

View attachment 424317
Witch Doctor and Zoologist by BloodyArt1st

View attachment 423732
Dining Heaven by @Ostean

index.php

TERRARIA GUILDS FOR HOPE CHARITY FUNDRAISER
View attachment 424310
There is still time to participate in the 2023 Guilds for Hope charity fundraiser. We’re teaming up with many other communities to raise money for Give Kids The World, a highly respected non-profit that fulfills many of the wishes for the Make a Wish foundation. 100% of all funds raised are processed by the charity and go towards helping children with critical conditions.

Follow the link and participate today!

Link to Guilds for Hope 2023 Event

If you are interested in learning more about the Guilds for Hope charity event then please join the #guilds-for-hope channel in the USDA server located at Join the United Servers of Discord Alliance Discord Server!

View attachment 424311

index.php

Until next time, Terrarians - we hope you have an amazing month, and we look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest next time!

You are doing great job guys, it's nice to see that my favourite game developing in such a great way! Unfortunately i can't buy a license to support you, but i'll support you with my words ❤️

Hello, Regedit! Can we make some sort of chance of luminite ore falling out of towers before defeating a moonlord? :indifferent:

Greetings Terrarians!

Back to school time already? Whether you are already back, heading back, or glad to have school way back in your personal rear-view mirror; there is always time for the latest Terraria news! Our teams have been working feverishly all month, adding new goodies to the game and balancing and fixing what already exists. Beyond that, we saw three product launches in the month of August - busy times! You will definitely want to dive deep into this State of the Game, as there is a good bit of juicy and important information to cover. Fall is right around the corner, and it is one of our favorite times of the year. Who knows, maybe we will see a return of the always-popular Terraria Halloween Contest...

Without further ado, shall we get right into all things Terraria?

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS - RE-LOGIC

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

CONSOLE & MOBILE NEWS - DR STUDIOS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

index.php

TERRARIA 1.4.5 - TUNES, TIME, AND NEW ADDITIONS

The team playthrough has come and gone. I don't think anyone will soon forget their time in The Mad Realm of Boulders! Fun was had, TONS of notes were taken, and the benefits of this playthrough are already being seen in the work on Terraria 1.4.5.

Speaking of time, we have an update on timing for everyone. As we started to check off what work remained on the update, we realized that we would really have been remiss to not cover off some long-standing needs for new music. That's right, Terrarians, the 1.4.5 update will contain several new music tracks by our favorite composer, Scott Lloyd Shelly! How many exactly is still a bit to-be-determined, but we are anticipating at least 5 and maybe more! Want to check one of them out? Of course you do!

So, all that said, we mentioned an impact on timing - the production of all of these new tracks takes a good amount of time in composition, review, editing, etc. We are not going to rush Scott while he works on the latest in a long line of Terraria musical masterpieces. So, that means the update is going to take a bit longer to come out than we had originally anticipated. Now, before anyone gets too upset... the team realized that if we are having to wait on this music anyway, why not just keep the update development moving on our end and add even more goodies?!

What all will that entail? Well you will have to wait and see - but we have some pretty substantial ideas. How much we can get done will depend on how long the music takes. We are pretty confident everyone will be very happy with what we have in store and will feel like this was extra time well-spent. Can't show you too much too soon, though, so it will all be a mystery for now.

View attachment 423950
Oh, who are we kidding, you knew we were going to show something new. Are we sure it is safe to sit on this Aetherium Furniture, much less build a whole house using it?!

Anyway, we expect this extension to be in the scope of a few months at least - we will give a timeline as we get closer. In the meantime, rest assured that everyone will get a LOT more out of 1.4.5 than you ever expected.

index.php

STEAM WORKSHOP NEWS
We are creeping ever-closer to 100,000 packs/worlds in the Terraria Steam Workshop! You are missing out if you haven't taken the time to check out these amazing creations from the community.

Click the banner above to check out the Terraria Workshop!

NEW DEVELOPER'S CHOICE ENTRIES
Know what we haven't done in ages? Steam Workshop Developer's Choice! We have two awesome ones for you this go-round... and one of them is super clever. These have each been tagged and added to the Developer's Choice section on the Terraria Steam Workshop - congrats to both authors!

View attachment 424167
Boss Swap by Seasalt
We love this idea - funny and cool at the same time, we cannot wait to see the author finish out the rest of the bosses!

View attachment 424166
Backgrounds O' Plenty by Starlalaies
We quite literally were just discussing background diversity the other day... and then we saw this. A subtle but great addition to any playthrough!

index.php

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON?

Music reviews, exploring tons of new ideas, reviewing Book Two Graphic Novel stuff.

index.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

index.php

index.php

Hello everyone!

This month has flown by - with the release of 1.4.4 tModLoader at the start of August came a whole batch of mod updates and hot fixes. We hope you've been enjoying the 1.4.4 era of tModLoader! We are quite happy with how well the transition went from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 tModLoader - it was so smooth we could call it a success! That said, if you are having issues of any sort, definitely don't hesitate to check out our FAQ on github or reach out to us at our Discord.

As August comes to an end, we feel we are finally nearing cruising altitude and a return to normal scheduled updates. We have some exciting changes coming in September - including a Mod Browser Revamp... and still more improvements we've been wanting to make on the horizon while we set ourselves up for the future.

As always, we kindly request that we all respect modders' time and not hassle them about porting to 1.4.4. We are greatly impressed at seeing over 85% of all mods by subscriber count have ported to 1.4.4, but we continue to ask to please be respectful of those that have not. Thank you for your understanding.

index.php

tModLoader Steam Workshop - New Mods every Day!

The TML Steam Workshop has over 5000 mods already! Coupled with the in-game mod browser, the TML Steam Workshop is a great way to explore what modded Terraria has to offer - check it out today by clicking the banner above!
index.php

View attachment 422819
WHAT'S NEXT FOR TML?

Now that 1.4.4 release is behind us, we are once again casting our eyes towards the future - not only getting ready for 1.4.5 (whenever that happens to arrive), but also building a stronger foundation for that future.

As always, you can keep track of the current progress and much more in real time at tModLoader/tModLoader (But note that the completion percentage doesn't mean anything, because issues and PRs don't have weights.)

Developers who are willing to contribute may do so by doing PRs to the tModLoader/tModLoader branch. (See tModLoader/tModLoader)

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

View attachment 422820
CONSOLE & MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Over on the Console/Mobile front, we continue to keep pace as best we can with the PC side of the house. It is a different sort of challenge from the old days of playing "catch up", and one we rather enjoy. Being able to bring new Terraria content to everyone all at the same time remains a primary goal!

Speaking of, how about a fresh never before seen Terraria 1.4.5 spoiler?

Yoyo's are evolving - nature always finds a way...

Until next time, Console & Mobile friends - thanks for all of your love and support!

index.php

The team is feeling pretty good about console & mobile at this point, but we know that the bug reporting never stops! So, please, as you run into any issues, be sure to file a Bug Report via the links below!

CONSOLE BUG REPORTS

MOBILE BUG REPORTS

index.php

index.php

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

index.php

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE STORE HUB

The merchandise hub is where you can find all of the latest and greatest Terraria merchandise - with new stuff arriving all of the time! Check out the latest merch drops as well as some classics and pick up that epic Terraria gift for a friend (or yourself!).

Click the banner above to head to Terraria.org/store now!

index.php

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

TERRARIA x MADRINAS COLLABORATION

View attachment 423738

A few months ago, Madrinas Coffee reached out to the Re-Logic team to create some amazing coffees from the world of Terraria. Together we brought two unique flavors together inspired by the mysterious Dryad and the goofy-but-deadly Pigron – Wild Honey Cold Brew and Maple Bacon Whole Bean. The Terraria Team has been grinding through these coffees everyday and we hope you’ll enjoy them too!

Limited Edition Collector’s Boxes are still available, or you can pick up a single bag or a tub of your favorite in the link below!

MADRINAS x TERRARIA COLLECTION

index.php

TERRARIA TEAMS UP WITH EIGHTY SIXED FOR AWESOME NEW MERCH

View attachment 423999
The amazing artists over at Eighty Sixed recently launched the first wave of their Terraria Collection. These unique designs put a new spin on Terraria clothing, posters, and more in a way that we have not seen in the past. They have much more planned, so you will want to keep an eye on what's next!

View attachment 424008View attachment 424009View attachment 424010
View attachment 424011View attachment 424012View attachment 424013

For full details of the first wave release, check out the link below - or click the banner above to see the Terraria Collection over at eightysixed.com

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE FROM EIGHTY SIXED - LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT

index.php

NEW TERRARIA BIOME SERIES PIN FROM SANSHEE
After a brief hiatus, the Biome Pin Series from Sanshee is back with a brand new offering - the Ocean Biome! Featuring a dozing Angler, the Ocean Pin is a welcome addition to the Biome pin set.
View attachment 424014
Check out the entire Biome Series Terraria Pin Collection over at sanshee.com - and don't forget that preorders for King/Queen Slime Plush are still underway!

View attachment 424015View attachment 424017View attachment 424016
THE TERRARIA COLLECTION FROM SANSHEE

index.php

TERRARIA - THE BOARD GAME DESIGNER DIARY

View attachment 423703
Here we are again with the latest "Designer Diary" entry from the lead designer for Terraria: the Board Game - Chris Kingsworth. Let's see what he and the Paper Fort team have been up to over the last month!
---​
Hello Terrarians!

Chris here, game developer at Paper Fort Games. I’m back with the next installment of the Terraria: The Board Game designer diary. This month’s topics; how can we capture the sandbox feeling of Terraria on the tabletop, and what can we offer that can only be achieved in the physical world? Enjoy!

Freedom to Choose
Terraria is a game all about choice. If you want to run all the way to the ocean, you can (we’ve all done it!). Want to build a Hellevator? Go for it. Fancy mining every block in the world, or building beautiful things? No problem! With this in mind, it wouldn’t be right to design a board game that dictates exactly what you have to do. Instead, you’ll have control over how you play.

You’ll be able to choose the objectives for each playthrough, all of which reflect achievements in the digital game. Complete lots of easy-to-achieve tasks, like surviving your first night or building your first house, or defeat bosses for big points and fantastic loot! Alternatively, aim somewhere in the middle; spawn every NPC or mine every block within a biome.

On your turn, freedom of choice will be reinforced by a flexible action point system. This isn’t a game where cards dictate exactly what you have to do. Using your starting equipment, you’ll be able to dig, chop and stab. Want to run over to that tree, chop it down, zip over to a slime and stab it? If you’ve got the action points to do it, you can! You can spend your points how you like; whether that’s on a single endeavour or a variety of tasks. As you upgrade your equipment, the efficiency of your action points will increase. Perhaps you’ve forged an iron axe to replace your copper one; now you can dig more quickly and mine more efficiently.

Modular Miniatures and the ‘Advent Calendar’
We realize that we’re asking you to play a board game when you have the digital game at your fingertips, so let’s talk about things we can do in the physical world that aren’t achievable digitally. One of the reasons we hope you’re excited to play Terraria: The Board Game is the boss ‘advent calendar’.

Bosses are a big event in the videogame and we want to mirror that in the tabletop game. In the box you’ll find a number of doors. Each door will display spawn criteria for a different boss. For example, each time you kill a slime, you’ll be a step closer to the appearance of King Slime. When you hit the spawn threshold, you’ll open the door and find a modular boss miniature, with rules for an epic boss battle. As you fight, you’ll remove pieces of the miniature to track boss damage and reflect other status effects.

Here’s an example of one of these miniatures; our WIP sculpt for the Wall of Flesh:

We’re really looking forward to sharing more of these with you!

Next Month
As I mentioned last month, we’re passionate about Terraria and its players. We’re here to do the best we can and we want to bring you along for the journey by keeping you updated on what we’re doing; that’s one of the aims of the designer diary. In the next instalment, I’ll talk about world generation and deckbuilding in Terraria: The Board Game.

Don’t Miss Out!
If you haven’t already, please sign up at Get Ready for ⛏ Terraria: The Board Game! and be sure to click through to the Kickstarter ‘notify me’ page. We’d be very grateful if you could share the link with fellow Terrarians via social media; you’re always welcome to tag us in using @paperfortgames.

Until next time!
---

Sign up for the latest and greatest news on Terraria: the Board Game via the link below:
TERRARIA: THE BOARD GAME NEWS SIGN-UP LINK

In case you missed the big reveal, be sure to take a minute to read our post about Terraria - The Board Game, which contains details about timing, how it will be sold, and more!

TERRARIA - THE BOARD GAME DETAILS

index.php

TERRARIA GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES

The first reviews and revisions for the script for Issue 6 are nearing completion - and we just received the lineart/inks for the bulk of Issue 5 for review as of this morning. This keeps us on track to be able to deliver the next part of our epic Terraria adventure in the near future!

As in prior months, if you have any outstanding issues with your order from Issues 1-4, we do not want to miss the chance to take care of you (we have been able to take care of everyone that we know of thus far) - please reach out to [email protected] immediately so that we can take care of things ASAP. Feel free to let us at Re-Logic know via [email protected] (we have been able to help several folks) if you are having any issues as well, but the 50amp email above should be the best way to sort out any stragglers out there!

As for our sneak peek this month, let's take a break from all of these goblins and check in with an even more odd visitor...

View attachment 423705
Who knows what mysteries lie within the Traveling Merchant's pack... and where does he come from anyway?

index.php

OTHER COMMUNITY NEWS

TERRARIA MEDIA SPOTLIGHT
The Terraria community is filled with incredible fan media. We love to browse Terraria associated social pages and check out the creative minds sharing wonderful creations. We wanted to spotlight some of the trending media that caught our attention this month. Please let us know if any of the shared media has a different original creator.

(CLICK A GIVEN IMAGE TO HEAD OVER TO THE THREAD WHERE WE SAW IT)
FAN ART & BUILDS

View attachment 423707
Dino gardener by @Zap173 ⚡⚡⚡

View attachment 423708
Abigail’s Flower by @HollisV2

View attachment 423709
Plantera by @EntropyVT

Hogwarts! A Starter base and adventure map by @Wardo

View attachment 423710
Party Girl and Zoologist by @A_Mazarians_Boat

View attachment 423711
King Slime & Queen Skime by @PoundToundHound

View attachment 423712
Deerclops by @HandsomeSquirrel🐿️🍉⭐️

View attachment 423713
Mansion for the Zoologist and Guide by @greyliances

View attachment 423718
Crocheted Lunatic Cultist by @StarsAndStuff

View attachment 424313
Terraria NPCs by BloodyArt1st

View attachment 423720
Lunatic Cultist by @xenobucket

View attachment 424315
WHALE by OrientalOrange

View attachment 423730
Merchant’s Pawn Shop by @Weed_man420

View attachment 424316
Stylist & Party Girl by BloodyArt1st

View attachment 423731
Desert pylon by @Tor14

View attachment 424317
Witch Doctor and Zoologist by BloodyArt1st

View attachment 423732
Dining Heaven by @Ostean

index.php

TERRARIA GUILDS FOR HOPE CHARITY FUNDRAISER
View attachment 424310
There is still time to participate in the 2023 Guilds for Hope charity fundraiser. We’re teaming up with many other communities to raise money for Give Kids The World, a highly respected non-profit that fulfills many of the wishes for the Make a Wish foundation. 100% of all funds raised are processed by the charity and go towards helping children with critical conditions.

Follow the link and participate today!

Link to Guilds for Hope 2023 Event

If you are interested in learning more about the Guilds for Hope charity event then please join the #guilds-for-hope channel in the USDA server located at Join the United Servers of Discord Alliance Discord Server!

View attachment 424311

index.php

Until next time, Terrarians - we hope you have an amazing month, and we look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest next time!

Still waiting for that giraffe mount red😜

An Idea I have for rangers is that you could be able to dedicate an ammunition variant to specific guns\bows (i.e ichor arrows for a repeater and holy arrows for the storm bow/chlorophyte bullets for the tactical shotgun and cursed bullets for the sniper rifle) and you could maybe right click the ammo with the weapon you want it to be dedicated to or drag the ammo and right click on the weapon. Also you could add a little graphic on the hotbar with the weapon that show what kind of ammo is being used.

I have some idea that make gun's more comfortable in start of the game

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_152925.png
    IMG_20230903_152925.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom