Terraria State of the Game - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm curious about is what determines which armor designs the player uses. If there is no option for it then I guess it's determined by the clothing option you pick, so the ones that were previously the five male clothing options give the male armor designs and vice versa
1688079322018.png

Is that
What I'm curious about is what determines which armor designs the player uses. If there is no option for it then I guess it's determined by the clothing option you pick, so the ones that were previously the five male clothing options give the male armor designs and vice versa
View attachment 410920
Also curious as to what the old gender swap potion does now and if there will be a way to alter a character's pitch in-game.

Aight so I haven't seen anybody talk about this yet, so I'm going to point it out:

View attachment 410914

If you look closely behind the word game, there looks like a clump of green objects tied to three balloons. Thought it was a couple of green balloon slimes grouped together but that doesn't seem to be the case.
That looks like the Barnacle from Dead Cells. You deploy it and it normally flies up to the ceiling and sticks there, but it'll suspend itself with balloons instead if there's no ceiling in range. New sentry maybe?

That looks like the Barnacle from Dead Cells. You deploy it and it normally flies up to the ceiling and sticks there, but it'll suspend itself with balloons instead if there's no ceiling in range. New sentry maybe?
Ooooh, that would make a lot of sense. Admittedly I haven't played dead cells so I had no idea about that.

Then my prayers would be answered...
Upon doing some research, yes, that mostly resembles a Barnacle indeed. In Dead Cells itself, it inflicts criticals on poisoned enemies.
Imagine how strong and fun that would be in Terraria... especially if it works with venom-inflicting weapons too. If that's the case, Summoner is getting a more massive upgrade than we thought.

Will you be able to change the voice settings of a premade character?
If so it would make sense to be using a dresser or possibly the stylist unless something new was added.

so while you guys are tinkering with world/character creation, any chance we could get a method to make the sun/moon not constantly cycle? it's highly distracting to constantly deal with light/dark/light/dark/light/dark while you're trying to pick out colors and whatnot. pinning it in place would help a lot.

Being able to COMBINE World Seeds, picking and mixing how you like?

GIMME DAT. Like, yesterday.

I like Drunk World, but yet I discovered how awesome it is to play on celebration mk10 and I kept thinking to myself, man, I really wish I could have both.
You could already do that with TEdit before lol (Except the worldgen of course)

so while you guys are tinkering with world/character creation, any chance we could get a method to make the sun/moon not constantly cycle? it's highly distracting to constantly deal with light/dark/light/dark/light/dark while you're trying to pick out colors and whatnot. pinning it in place would help a lot.
You mean essentially freezing time?
This option is available in journey mode, which is more meant for creative builds.

As for the option in a standard game, I think that would break night-themed battles a lot, especially pumpkin/frost moon events where the only limit is time itself.

Been in a well lit place, could also help a lot.

You mean essentially freezing time?
This option is available in journey mode, which is more meant for creative builds.

As for the option in a standard game, I think that would break night-themed battles a lot, especially pumpkin/frost moon events where the only limit is time itself.

Been in a well lit place, could also help a lot.
They're talking about the menu, not in-game.

They're talking about the menu, not in-game.
Right, that makes sense. I remember dealing with that too.

Possible workaround, for me at least, is to click on the sun and drag it to the right of the screen.
But a more convenient way to keep the sun in place would help too.

V excited for 1.4.5 and the new swath of terraria merch coming out. My only remaining wish is a physical release of all Terraria music after the (actual) final update. I need my Stardew CDs to be with Terraria CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom