tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

Whenever i download the mod, it downloads the 0.9 version and not the latest version

Im VERY new to mods, so idk if im missing something. But id like to use this mod and cant seem to be able to since it wont download the latest version

Good news guys: jopojelly released a new version of Recipe Browser while I was out that doesn't cause crashes with Item Customizer! There's still a scissoring issue at the moment, however (you'll understand once you see it in-game) but the UI is still usable.

Someone reported that Item Customizer was broken in multiplayer (server was crashing on mod load) so I made a quick patch that stopped servers from trying to load the UI. It's not out yet, but should be available soon!

Alright, update's here! And the details:

Item Customizer 1.1.2
- Shouldn't crash on trying to start a server, hopefully (didn't test; shouldn't try to load the UI now)
- Replaced the current new projectile detection system with a new one that has been in the works for quite a while (though neglected). The result is that projectiles shouldn't ever be shaded by accident anymore - only those from using items and their children, if any!

That's it for now, I hope this doesn't cause a whole bunch of bugs again :p

I have a suggest that might be hard to explain.
Would it be possible... to be able to dye... let's say a megashark, with some dye; let's say living flame,
And then dye the Ammo, let's say Reflective Silver, and then shooting the Megashark would have the Living Flame effect on the shark, but have the projectile shot be reflective silver?
If you're confused then I'll happily reiterate,
Regards,
-L0ST

I have a suggest that might be hard to explain.
Would it be possible... to be able to dye... let's say a megashark, with some dye; let's say living flame,
And then dye the Ammo, let's say Reflective Silver, and then shooting the Megashark would have the Living Flame effect on the shark, but have the projectile shot be reflective silver?
If you're confused then I'll happily reiterate,
Regards,
-L0ST
That's actually not a bad idea! People have been asking for the ability to have both item and projectile dyes separately (so a golden Terra Blade could fire rainbow shots, for example).

The problem with ammo, however, is that there isn't a direct way to tell which item is being consumed when a weapon fires. Still, I might look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

That's actually not a bad idea! People have been asking for the ability to have both item and projectile dyes separately (so a golden Terra Blade could fire rainbow shots, for example).

The problem with ammo, however, is that there isn't a direct way to tell which item is being consumed when a weapon fires. Still, I might look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
No problem, And I mean; if you could just detect all ammo(if the initial method isn't possible), it's better than not being able to dye ammo at all? It would be a limited feature, but still a good feature. =)

@L0ST5ILVER You're gonna like this update :3

Item Customizer 1.1.2
- Fixes projectiles in multiplayer. I had to re-enable the old, less accurate system for projectile detection, but it's only for everyone else, so enjoy having no-mistake shading while everyone else's Spore Sacs get loaded with junk from swinging their weapons around.
- New ammo shading feature: if you dye ammo and shoot with it, the resulting projectiles will take on the ammo's dye rather than the bow/gun/rocket launcher's! Feature requested by L0ST5ILVER! Do note that it's not entirely accurate in multiplayer; other player's projectiles may miss their ammo dye if you have a slow connection

(Fun fact about ammo shading: I had to add in a special case for the Vortex Beater as it actually uses a projectile to show itself during firing. If there are any other such peculiar weapons that do this and use ammo, please let me know!)

Hmm, for some reason Item Customizer keeps crashing in multiplayer (Terraria 1.3.5.3 Steam, tModloader 0.10.0.2). At first I thought that it may be a conflict with some other mods, but even if I enable just Item Customizer (1.2) and Shader Library (1.0.4) the game client (server is fine as long as I run it as dedicated) crashes whenever I try to place any item in designated slot in Item Customizer's custom UI (right slot). Mod works fine in singleplayer, crash happens only for clients in MP.

Hmm, for some reason Item Customizer keeps crashing in multiplayer (Terraria 1.3.5.3 Steam, tModloader 0.10.0.2). At first I thought that it may be a conflict with some other mods, but even if I enable just Item Customizer (1.2) and Shader Library (1.0.4) the game client (server is fine as long as I run it as dedicated) crashes whenever I try to place any item in designated slot in Item Customizer's custom UI (right slot). Mod works fine in singleplayer, crash happens only for clients in MP.
Yeah, I noticed this once too. Not sure what causes it, but I'll be sure to investigate!

@L0ST5ILVER You're gonna like this update :3

Item Customizer 1.1.2
- Fixes projectiles in multiplayer. I had to re-enable the old, less accurate system for projectile detection, but it's only for everyone else, so enjoy having no-mistake shading while everyone else's Spore Sacs get loaded with junk from swinging their weapons around.
- New ammo shading feature: if you dye ammo and shoot with it, the resulting projectiles will take on the ammo's dye rather than the bow/gun/rocket launcher's! Feature requested by L0ST5ILVER! Do note that it's not entirely accurate in multiplayer; other player's projectiles may miss their ammo dye if you have a slow connection

(Fun fact about ammo shading: I had to add in a special case for the Vortex Beater as it actually uses a projectile to show itself during firing. If there are any other such peculiar weapons that do this and use ammo, please let me know!)
I'm stoked! Can't wait to try this out. =D

Hey, huge fan of the mod, but I've come across a problem that absolutely ruins it for me. When using Shader Library all the items in the inventory (except for whatever item I have highlighted) looks... Compressed.
I've attached a file showing what it normally looks like vs what the shader lib makes it look like.
ShaderLibError.png

Hey, huge fan of the mod, but I've come across a problem that absolutely ruins it for me. When using Shader Library all the items in the inventory (except for whatever item I have highlighted) looks... Compressed.
Hmm. Thanks for pointing this out, I never noticed until now! I'll be sure to investigate; things like this are tricky to figure out.
I know that this must be a result of the SpriteBatch settings, but I just don't know what.

Okay, found the problem, using a temporary solution for now.
Basically, it was using a different sampler state than the game normally uses. Now it's using the right one.
(the permanent solution would be figuring out a way to know which SamplerState the game was actually using previously...)

ShaderLib 1.0.5
- Changed the sampler state used from Main.defaultSamplerState to SamplerState.AnisotropicClamp, which makes things look slightly better than before (just like in vanilla, in fact...). Take a look at Fijiboy's image above to see the comparison between vanilla and what it was before.

Loving the mod right now, however I have found one small issue...
381ea3709724407c81a34f5e32e4f83e.gif

As you can see, if an item has a knockback-increasing prefix, the bonus is quickly increased to Infinity%, which is really silly.

I'm running with Cheat Sheet, Calamity, Thorium, Yet Another Boss Health bar, Max Stack Plus, and imkSushi's Mod.

It's kind of annoying when you don't want to knock the enemy away, but it's not an imperative fix.

As you can see, if an item has a knockback-increasing prefix, the bonus is quickly increased to Infinity%, which is really silly.

I imagine you just slap things out of existence at that point... Oddly enough i have not encountered this bug, comparison on the mods... The ones i'm not running are Cheat Sheet, YABHB, Max Stack Plus and ImkSushi's; though it sounds like a Max Stack Plus interaction bug, imo.

I have never encountered this knockback bug, but yet so many people have. Since it has only occurred in the presence of other mods (someone on the Discord removed some and confirmed that it stopped happening) I am convinced that this is not Item Customizer's fault.

Whatever it is, I cannot replicate it on my end. Even with the exact same set of mods, I cannot get this so-called knockback glitch.

For now, this bug will remain as it is, as my code does not touch knockback in any way whatsoever. If anyone feels so inclined they may check Item Customizer's GitHub, which a link to is located in the OP.

EDIT: @PsychoAngel, what equipment are you wearing from other mods? Do any of them change knockback?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom