tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

The Forcefield dye seems to behave oddly with accessories, dying them a shiny reddish instead of the forcefield effect.Works fine for armor, and for pets it has the right colors and effects, although it's broken in other ways...

In the screenshot I have it on the floating orb, which is normally a bright blue. Second screenshot has the dye on my shield instead, and the one pasted below has it on my pet owl.

EDIT: Should mention, am using the basic forcefield dye, not a colored variant.

EDIT2: Looks like this happens with all dyes, not just that one.

upload_2017-4-6_17-23-24.png

Attachments

• Capture 2017-04-06 17_18_53.png
    Capture 2017-04-06 17_18_53.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Capture 2017-04-06 17_22_31.png
    Capture 2017-04-06 17_22_31.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The Forcefield dye seems to behave oddly with accessories, dying them a shiny reddish instead of the forcefield effect.Works fine for armor, and for pets it has the right colors and effects, although it's broken in other ways...

In the screenshot I have it on the floating orb, which is normally a bright blue. Second screenshot has the dye on my shield instead, and the one pasted below has it on my pet owl.

EDIT: Should mention, am using the basic forcefield dye, not a colored variant.

EDIT2: Looks like this happens with all dyes, not just that one.
Hmm, looks like a bug in ShaderLib isn't changing the accessory's dye properly. I'll have to check on that. Basically, all the dyes have an internal dye value of 1 so that they're equippable as dyes; normally, this would show up as red dye, but ShaderLib is supposed to step in and change that.
Also, about the weirdness on pets/etc: that's a vanilla thing, install Vanilla Dye Fix to fix it.

EDIT: Can you tell me exactly which things are being problematic? I've discovered that the vanilla Squire's Shield doesn't show modded dyes, while all other vanilla shields do, so I think there's something special about these items that makes them not register as that type of accessory in the code.

Last edited:
Hmm, looks like a bug in ShaderLib isn't changing the accessory's dye properly. I'll have to check on that. Basically, all the dyes have an internal dye value of 1 so that they're equippable as dyes; normally, this would show up as red dye, but ShaderLib is supposed to step in and change that.
Also, about the weirdness on pets/etc: that's a vanilla thing, install Vanilla Dye Fix to fix it.

EDIT: Can you tell me exactly which things are being problematic? I've discovered that the vanilla Squire's Shield doesn't show modded dyes, while all other vanilla shields do, so I think there's something special about these items that makes them not register as that type of accessory in the code.
So far I've had the red issue with Thorium's Firestorm Boots, Sea Turtle's Mystical Bulwark (the shield), and Eye of the Storm (the floating blue crystal), and Calamity's Soul of Cryogen (wings). Haven't tried anything else yet.

So far I've had the red issue with Thorium's Firestorm Boots, Sea Turtle's Mystical Bulwark (the shield), and Eye of the Storm (the floating blue crystal), and Calamity's Soul of Cryogen (wings). Haven't tried anything else yet.
Thanks for the reply! I looked around in the code and found out what was happening. A new update for ShaderLib (1.0.1) has been released to address the issue.

Two updates:
ShaderLib (1.0.1)
- Fixed modded dyes not working on any modded accessories or some specific vanilla ones
- Held item shaders now apply on items that are just held (Item Customizer can now dye your Unicorn on a Stick!)
- Flame shader hooks are now actually a thing (stupid typo and forgot a code line)

Hair Dye for Armor (1.0.1)
- Made all dyes that were broken by changes in ShaderLib during development work again

Hey, @thegamemaster1234! I made a texture for the item Customizer, It will help differentiate the anvil and the item customizer.
This is it:
View attachment 165058
And here is a download: http://bit.ly/2nmtNr9
I hope you like it & maybe use it as the texture for the item customizer! :D
I see the intention here, but a new sprite isn't exactly what I need for this purpose. How about I give it rainbow dye by default in the next update?

Though if anyone is interested in creating an actually original sprite for it, please do!

So, it looks like the red dye issue is gone...except for the wings. Might only apply to wings in the Wing Slot (added by the similarly named mod).

So, it looks like the red dye issue is gone...except for the wings. Might only apply to wings in the Wing Slot (added by the similarly named mod).
It is the creator of Wing Slot's responsibility to code it in a way that is compatible with ShaderLib, not the other way around. Wing Slot is probably using item.dye instead of using GameShaders.Armor.GetShaderIdFromItemID, which would cause this issue (as all the added dyes have 1, or red dye, as a placeholder to make them equippable).

The item customizer mod keeps crashing my game..... First it was just armor, but now it seems like its also weapons...

The item customizer mod keeps crashing my game..... First it was just armor, but now it seems like its also weapons...
Can you please explain more? I'm not having any such crashes on my end. A crashlog would be nice, check Terraria/ModLoader/Logs for any that might have been written to at the time of the crash.

Can you please explain more? I'm not having any such crashes on my end. A crashlog would be nice, check Terraria/ModLoader/Logs for any that might have been written to at the time of the crash.

Theres not much in my run time error text file, but a quick explanation is i added some mods but they shouldn't of tinkered with the item customizer mod at all, and when i removed them the problems still occured, and it didn't really say anything when the game crashes it just says terraria has stopped working.

Theres not much in my run time error text file, but a quick explanation is i added some mods but they shouldn't of tinkered with the item customizer mod at all, and when i removed them the problems still occured, and it didn't really say anything when the game crashes it just says terraria has stopped working.
Sorry, but as there isn't enough information to be able to replicate this bug, I am unable to help you.
Also: Even if the error looks small, it can still be important. Never hesitate to show a related crashlog if one can be obtained.

Sorry, but as there isn't enough information to be able to replicate this bug, I am unable to help you.
Also: Even if the error looks small, it can still be important. Never hesitate to show a related crashlog if one can be obtained.

MMkay, thanks for atleast trying to help :p

So, i've known of this bug for a while (Sorry, didn't care enough to report it earlier...), but all Dungeon Defenders sentries have a graphical bug when dyed. Their sprite spawns wrongly, offset from the actual position of the sentries. Colors work, but y'know... Derpy sentries.

So, i've known of this bug for a while (Sorry, didn't care enough to report it earlier...), but all Dungeon Defenders sentries have a graphical bug when dyed. Their sprite spawns wrongly, offset from the actual position of the sentries. Colors work, but y'know... Derpy sentries.
Hmm, I'll be sure to look at that. Either the copied vanilla code in ShaderLib is outdated or something with my shader fixing hack is goofing up. Thanks!
I haven't played with any of the DD2 crossover content so I likely wouldn't have found this on my own!

Back
Top Bottom