Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the folks who experienced the "Multiplayer World Overwrite" bug:

Does it effect the last World you were in, or does it randomly select one of your Worlds?

I ask, because I want to play with some friends of mine, but am unwilling to risk my two major Worlds unless I have a system in place.

No but I think they know it's not going to come until next year and they don't want to tell people that because they know people will walk away.
Just look at their Twitter feed. They are literally cutting and pasting the same response every hour.

You can't convince me that you have absolutely no way to communicate with Microsoft to find out if something is close, or being worked on, or being pushed back.
And it is Pipeworks fault because the kept giving everyone the "only 30 bugs left" messages and the "13 bugs left" messages and the "were delaying it again because we still have some bugs left" then they release the PS4 version and it's a total mess meanwhile they delayed sending the update to Microsoft over a bug that they could have given people a workaround just like all the other bugs Xbox owners are going to have anyways even though it kept getting pushed back so it could be perfect even though that was never going to happen.

And any gamer who has ever had a game update knows nothing goes 100% perfect and we didn't care.

Now because of that one bug that we could have had a workaround Minecraft players are getting a update today and Terraria xbox players are going to see Christmas photos of Microsoft and Pipeworks employees ect on social media meanwhile PS4 Terraria players are going to see 1.3

Remember that a small amount of PS4 players are having problems compared to the hundreds of thousand players who are having the time of their lives with no issues whatsoever.
Doesn't matter if we can convince you or not. Microsoft and Sony only do 3 kinds of communication about the certification process. We've received it and are working on it, It passed, or it failed and here's why. It's a black box process. Pretty sure the devs would love for Xbox to have their hands on this already. If they knew something new we'd have heard it by now.

You say that you wouldn't mind the bugs, but it's pretty obvious from the various posts here that these are some pretty big problems floating around out there. Save game corruption, loss of worlds, gamestopping crashes. This is not the "level of quality" I expected after all the communication about delaying the game for time to better polish it. I'm not mad, just disappointed. This kind of release can do a lot to hurt a game's image. I'm honestly surprised the community isn't more up in arms about it.

Too all Xbox users whining and complaining, I'd rather play what you guys have; then what I have right now.

The fact that I lost everything when my saves were rendered useless aside; just starting over: There are glitches, bugs, flashes, things dissappear, things go invisible, it feels unstable, and we are constantly under the idea that everything we are doing will be corrupted, or won't save, or be over written by another save.

And I don't know where these "hundreds of thousands" of Terraria PS4 players are that are so happy, cause I have been in the PS4 communities today and I haven't found anyone really thrilled with what we are dealing with.

I know (hope) it will all be fixed, but this is barely playable at its present state. Don't be a jerk cause you have an Xbox. Trust me, it's a blessing in disguise.

Too all Xbox users whining and complaining, I'd rather play what you guys have; then what I have right now.

The fact that I lost everything when my saves were rendered useless aside; just starting over: There are glitches, bugs, flashes, things dissappear, things go invisible, it feels unstable, and we are constantly under the idea that everything we are doing will be corrupted, or won't save, or be over written by another save.

And I don't know where these "hundreds of thousands" of Terraria PS4 players are that are so happy, cause I have been in the PS4 communities today and I haven't found anyone really thrilled with what we are dealing with.

I know (hope) it will all be fixed, but this is barely playable at its present state. Don't be a jerk cause you have an Xbox. Trust me, it's a blessing in disguise.
I see lots a YouTube videos of people who’s games are working fine

I can’t check if it’s out because my internet out.
[doublepost=1513716447,1513716091][/doublepost]
It’s pipeworks fault? No, it was because of bugs. Microsoft is busy checking the update so pipeworks can’t do anything. They “cutting” and pasting because it’s the same question “whenz update out”
And leave Minecraft out of this, they can’t interfere with 1.3, there are tons of staff at Microsoft so they can check multiple updates a day, and I think you forgot Minecraft doesn’t need certifications, since they are owned by Microsoft.
You're so right. It's not Pipeworks fault it's everyone else's fault. Sorry I didn't see that before.

I dont are i just want it

I'm just starting over.. some kind soul gave me an Ocram Mask and Trophy, which is the only thing I couldn't get back through play.

If I see my original character and world again one day, I will be thrilled - but if not. Life goes on..

Time to push through and get my Knives again.

Well, im from xbox one, the delay doesn't bother me, i feel as i said in the previous thread, im impressed that any console got 1.3 at all in 2017

I AM envious , ive been really hyped to play 1.3, ps4 players, i only wish you the best.

As for the bugs, from what i hear pipeworks is already working on it, and from the streams of ps4 players, not everyone is having too many issues,

pipeworks did say on their twitter thethey're yre working on the flashing letters and faded text boxes too, so when the fixes all come through this whole ordeal will be behind us.

I hope the fixes to the xbox bug didnt cause any extra bugs than the ps4 had, but im gonna put stock that the xbox 1 MIGHT need extra time ( even if a january release) for bug fixes, the devs did say alot of these bugs weren't seen on thier end, so prepare just in case

Any one out there who is severly dissapointed in 1.3 please remember that it will be worked on in the future, im sure pipeworks will work on accessability and bugs, so if the game bothers you as it is now, dont hesitate to try it in the future, nobody knows how much itl change

If its just the ui that bothers you, i hope youll at least give it a chance, mankind as a whole has a resistance to change, but after awhile you might get used to it

Good job pipeworks, you got a whole terraria version out in about a year, buggy, but playable, fixing bugs and adding content is going to be way easier than this first big step was

Happy holidays guys, good job pipeworks, ps4 players, give the moonlord one for me, im envious, but as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

You see, right now I'm not as interested in Terraria as I ought to. I just can't enjoy my self without 1.3, even if I have a "less buggy" and more entertaining version. The part of my brain responsible for ethics, thinks its wrong and unjust that PS4 got it first. But what it really hates are the BROKEN PROMISES PW MADE. Also, there's a reason they told the PS4 community to BACK UP your worlds ON USB (if that's possible . . .). All I want is 1.3.
[doublepost=1513726489,1513726356][/doublepost]I'm still enjoying it, tho. My ethical part is just mesmerizing my brain. So is the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom