Blocks & Decoration The Accentuator

Typu

Terrarian
Basically this is a crafting station that makes any block into an accent variant that merges differently with nearby blocks.

I had created some images to help explain the item's purpose a little better and also included some alternatives to this idea as well. Have a look!

W3nDcln.png

SFCNYjc.png

WSYkaSi.png

8NNvwQo.png

Ðis seems like a great idea. I think ðe first option is ðe best and it seems like someþing new players probably wouldn't accidentally stumble upon and be confused by.

Is ðe sprite for ðe accentuator based on a wood planer?
Partially! I based the sprite on a couple of things.

The conveyor section on the left part of the sprite is based on the bed rollers of a machine operated wood planer:

czBYx54.png

The main section and the steam press on top is based on a concrete block making machine:

chXLIeo.png

Lastly, the bit on the right is based on a rock crusher's funnel:

8YcoTgB.png

I prefer the coating idea. It would mean the devs don't need to make a new item for every block in the game. But the general concept is good!

I had a similar idea to make this work but it used something like actautors when placed over a block would accent it. "Accentuator" basically.

I had a similar idea to make this work but it used something like actautors when placed over a block would accent it. "Accentuator" basically.
If you can accent blocks, would it also make sense that you could accent walls as they blend with surrounding when placed? And if you accentuated block that already has an accent such as dessert fossil, glass, or pumpkin block would it de-accent?

Back
Top Bottom