Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it will be. it seems that when you are expecting something, time seems to slow down, and I hate it when it does that. although it will be THIS year that the 1.2.3/4 update will occur.

I'm a patient fellow i've been watching these forums since launch on pc. Never had the need for an account untill now. When 505 games takes a basic 2d game cods and takes this long it's niegh unacceptable. I work for a certain company that i'm not allowed to disclose but this taking a year would've gotten my team replaced. I'm not one to complain and we all have been patient but a blatant disregard on any console news is ridiculous. I love terraria and all it does it is so enjoyable with a lot of replay value. Terrarias code is only a smidge more complicated than minecraft and that game is extremely easy to moddify to your own wants. Terraria is the same the 2d scaling also makes it easier. Guys in a buisness why keep the same people who do nothing but 1 update a year? It's a bad business model and shows disregard to the consumers. I understand you hand the code over than you wait for results. They have to be cheap or this wouldn't fly anywhere else. Love you guys for making this game but something has to be done, renivations have to be made. You cant have a bad serpentine belt and expect it to be fine you have to replace it. Ok now thats off my chest I feel better and will patiently wait for the rest of 1.2.4

@ iBayont coding a game is no easy matter. They're working with a game that is very complicated. Just because it's 2D doesn't mean it's easy to code for. To say that "renovations" have to be made is wrong at this point. Each member works hard to get everything working correctly and if you don't know that then you shouldn't be telling them anything. There are a ton of variables behind coding and with everything they add comes potential for bugs to interrupt or mess with currently working items, mechanics..etc. I've programmed fighting game characters for MUGEN and even though it's much more simple than what they're doing for Terraria it's still complicated. Just be patient and the update will come to us in time.

The are hard at work programming and they care about there consumers, that's all the community needs to know. But I will admit we do deserve to be kept updated on how things are going. All there doing by not telling us how its going is making us anxious.

if they told us a lot then we'd get even more impatient..for all we know they could be adding some stuff from 1.3..subtle things like the music for the Underworld, Goblin Invasion, Pirate Invasion etc sorta like how they did with the 1.2 teaser update they released way back when. remember how we got the other zombie variants as well as eyeball variants, wood armor, and cactus armor?

When 505 games takes a basic 2d game cods and takes this long it's niegh unacceptable. Terrarias code is only a smidge more complicated than minecraft and that game is extremely easy to moddify to your own wants.

This is all I need to read to know where the disconnect is. Everything I've heard indicates that Terraria's code is actually rather complex at times; adding mods isn't the same as a full port to multiple consoles and mobile devices. Look no further than the fact that console Minecraft itself has historically been years behind its PC version as evidence that an update isn't as simple as one would think.

For that matter, it hasn't been a year; the last update for Console Terraria came out in June, and another one is well in the works. This is compounded by the addition of the Wii U port, which will take additional time and resources to get up to speed as they all move ahead. This is to say nothing of dealing with certification processes of multiple companies.

One thing I've learned after years of being a gamer and following the gaming business is to never mentally minimize the time consuming nature of game design, even ports; unless you are a professional game designer, its likely that it will seem easier on the outside than it really is.

Considering they've pretty much always given us at least a week's notice, I highly doubt it will be coming out in the next 3 days. As had been stated before, the "Add1152015" is the label for the last update.
Well then I'm really disappointed because I've been waiting for what seems like a decade, So I'm really getting irritated...

<Double Post Merged. Please use the 'Edit' feature to add to your posts.>

Besides, I thought you said there was still a chance of the update being released on November 5th download.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then I'm really disappointed because I've been waiting for what seems like a decade, So I'm really getting irritated...

<Double Post Merged. Please use the 'Edit' feature to add to your posts.>

Besides, I thought you said there was still a chance of the update being released on November 5th View attachment 83450
It hasn't even been a year since our last update XD

And yes, it's not impossible for it to be released on November 5th. But it's implausible, as in, extraordinarily unlikely.

So when do you think the likely release date is...

There really is no answer to that question; we just don't know. And any sort of conjecture we supposed would be just that . . . entirely made up without basis, except the information that is already available on the forums. Guesswork and speculation beyond the hard facts is an exercise in futility that doesn't pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom