Biomes & Nature The Jade - Splitting the Hallow into it's own Alternate

My issue is this feels to lack what the hallow represents... The way I've always interpreted it is as a thin surface veneer hiding the hallows true chaotic nature... splitting that makes it just half of that...
As it is now I can't really support as the latter feels to be a weaker version of Tobbvald's Tinkering...

I'm just going to ignore the former half of your post because while I have been TRYING to be patient, my patience is very rapidly running out.

Have I mentioned I don't care? Because this still isn't the Cyber thread.
I don't, because I don't need to.
Actually, you do, because at this point I'm citing Cyber as something you have to compete against- which, by the way, it is- and what you've basically done is thrown us nothing that can really compete with it in its current state because it's completely unfinished and isn't even accurate to the concept. That's what I spent the last wall of a post trying to tell you.
The Devs are going to look at all the various ideas for Hallow Alts and then they're going to pick the idea they like the most(if they even make a Hallow alt in the first place). And then they're going to make it themselves.
All the rest of it, the details, the stats on items, the alternates for every little item drop, the sprites, it's all a waste of time, because the Devs aren't going to use any of that.
While you may be right, that doesn't excuse the exceedingly high laziness of your proposition. Because in reality they're more likely to lean towards the ones that are easier to implement (trust me, I know how programmers think)- and that does in fact include ones that basically have all the content ready for them, just needing some code. Your idea would take far more work to implement BECAUSE it has nothing to it.

As for the latter half, that is incorrect, as I already said. Zoomo's basically done all the work for them, and they have no reason not to use what he already has. Seriously, they aren't complete :red:s who HAVE to paraphrase everything. They're likely going to lean towards whatever suggestion they like the most, whichever one is easiest to implement (currently Cyber), and whichever one is the most popular (currently Cyber).
At the end of the day, "A Hallow alt that's a mechanical nanogrowth" and "A Hallow alt that's an eldritch faewild" are the only parts that actually matter.
Yeah... no. As I already stated, programmers tend to think in terms of what's easier to implement IN ADDITION TO which one they like better. So far you've presented neither, and considering the existing popularity of Cyber has leaned an extreme amount of favor towards it, as it currently stands your suggestion basically has 0% chance of being implemented. As I've stated six times already- Half-assing it isn't going to get you anywhere. No one succeeds by half-assing things. This is no different.
No. You come across as someone that's just REALLY invested in the Cyber, and feels the need to try and measure everything against it.
Yes, I'm really invested in Cyber. You know why? Because it has traits that I find appealing. It has had a massive amount of thought and time put into it, it makes sense as a Crimson adversary, IT IS ACTUALLY A COMPLETE IDEA. Your concept has none of these. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN CRITICIZING FOR THE PAST FIVE FLIPPING POSTS.

If you had actually gone with the theme you adamantly proclaim the biome follows, I'd probably have supported the idea- not as much as Cyber, as I like it more, HOWEVER, the point still stands. Up until now you've been extraordinarily lazy with this idea under the guise of "oh the devs will just do everything". That is not acceptable and will not get you nearly as much support as Cyber has, which of course means it is very much possible for your idea to sink to the bottom of the list and be completely forgotten. There is nothing memorable about Jade. There's no guideline to work with like with Cyber- :red: it, with ANY OTHER BIOME SUGGESTION THREAD. You have given a few basic concepts and called it a biome. That is not "leaving something for the Devs to do" as you so put it, that is being lazy. Nothing more, nothing less. And that won't get you anywhere.

That is the point I spent the last wall of text trying to get across, and if you seriously don't get it at this point then I see no reason to bother trying- you're not worth my time.

I'm just going to ignore the former half of your post because while I have been TRYING to be patient, my patience is very rapidly running out.
I'm terribly sorry to butt in on the conversation here, but the one thing that really will undoubtedly shoot this suggestion in the back is the fact that it's wishing to in some sense of the word remove content from the Hallow dating way back to 1.1. That is FAR too old for any developer to even consider due to how canonical and above all established those aspects are at this point.

-To remove it, even just to relocate, would be tampering too deep. And not to mention cripple the original biome too much in terms of variety and lore. This kind of thing just can't be done, the entire community would go ballistic, just look at what happened when Mojang decided to do something as simple as retexturing roses to poppies, and the community went berserk even though they added rose-bushes.

Re-Logic have already gone out and declared that they really dislike the idea of tampering with such old and established content, so I suggest instead of relocating concepts and building off-shoots I highly suggest putting effort into maneuvering around that road, as it leads only to demise.

Right, YOU'RE the one running out of patience.

Yes, I'm really invested in Cyber. You know why?
I'm certain I don't care why, because this STILL ISN'T THE CYBER THREAD.

You seem hell bent on turning this thread into a direct competition between this idea and the Cyber, and it's just not. They have nothing to do with each other, the only conflict here is the one you keep creating.

If I wanted to discuss the Cyber, I would go do it in it's own thread. I personally don't want the Cyber, so I made a post there explaining why. I don't hang around the Cyber's thread, posting giant walls of text making the same complaints over, and over, AND OVER again.

You don't like my idea. You've made that clear. But if you can't explain why without referencing another person's suggestion, I really don't care what you have to say on the matter. It's like listening to someone try and give their opinion on a book while referencing someone else's fanfiction.

Right, YOU'RE the one running out of patience.

You don't like my idea. You've made that clear. But if you can't explain why without referencing another person's suggestion, I really don't care what you have to say on the matter. It's like listening to someone try and give their opinion on a book while referencing someone else's fanfiction.
Actually Henix kind of did explain why without listing another suggestion too. It is a competition in the regard that you're both gunning for the same hole in the game. -And if you don't care for feedback, at one point constructive such, what is your hope of getting anywhere with anything on a suggestion forum? Of course he'll get mad if you only keep on ignoring his attempts to help. Sure, he did overdo the whole "Cyber did it better" argument; but many other ones contributed far more informative points to the table. I think he repeated the same wall of text over and over because you continued to not even try and see where they were coming from with their other points. That's at least what I think is going on here, now try to stop arguing, both of you. -At least agree to disagree and move on?

@Henix_Aurorus - you've been asked by the thread author to stop derailing his thread with discussion of a different idea. You should honor that request - you are going off-topic and advertising something else.

Either discuss the thread topic as it stands, or go discuss your obvious preference on the thread already established for it. Thanks.

@Henix_Aurorus - you've been asked by the thread author to stop derailing his thread with discussion of a different idea. You should honor that request - you are going off-topic and advertising something else.

Either discuss the thread topic as it stands, or go discuss your obvious preference on the thread already established for it. Thanks.
Disregarding the fact that I already abandoned the conversation, sorry to say, Tobbvald is more correct than you are. I was not trying to advertise it, I was citing it as something that needs to be kept in mind when working in this field because as Tobbvald already stated it is direct competition. Yes, I might've overdone it a bit, but the point still stands. My mentioning of Cyber was purely that- just mentions as points of reference.

It's a neat idea, though I do believe it would work much better underground than on the surface.

The underground slowly turning a bright green tinge, green crystals growing off the walls, a new spell that could send a bolt of swirling jade.

This idea doesn't seem to try to make itself something to oppose the crimson. Instead, in the same way that the crimson expands on the corruption's evil into flesh, the jade would expand the hallow's holiness into nature.

You need to be very careful when you're suggesting (re)moving long established content around, especially when mixed in with your own new biome idea. You might have some decent new biome ideas, but you'll lose potential support for those who don't want the Hallow to be messed with. While it is ultimately up to the Devs, the less support an idea has, the less likely it'll be implemented. The Jade would probably be a lot better off if you scrapped the "splitting the Hallow" idea and made the Jade its own original biome without it being half of existing Hallow.

You mentioned the dichotomy here is Meat vs Vegetable, but honestly I'm not seeing it. You've got the treant, but that's very subtle for the vegetable theme (and subtle can be good, but it's your only themed enemy), and.. nothing else. Meanwhile the Crimson's enemies are meaty, bloody, and gross-looking. Surely you can't say Pixies and Unicorns have as much in common with vegetables as Crimeras and the dripping Floaty Grosses are to blood/meat?

I'm not really sure what your theme is. The name Jade implies it's some crystalline land made of gems and stone, but you seem to have made the Hallow this, and took on the Hallow's surface theme. Then you label it "Vegetable." I'm kind of lost here.. it feels like you're trying to make the Jade too many things, yet simultaneously have nearly no content for it.

As I've said in other places, if your alt biome is possible (or nearly possible) via texturepack, then the biome isn't unique enough to belong in the game. Looking over your OP, you haven't done much more than suggest Jade name versions of Hallow enemies. With no enemy descriptions, it's to be assumed the enemies act and behave just the same. What you've got isn't so much a description of an alternate Hallow, it's more of a description of a texturepack (and hardly that, even).

Maybe it's pointless of me posting here as you may have moved on from this, but alternate biome ideas fascinate me, and I'm curious to see what could become of this if you put in more effort. It's not to be expected for you to sprite and provide info for EVERYTHING (as not even the more popular alt Hallow ideas have covered everything- Yes, even that one biome to not be spoken here has missed a few things), but something more than a short biome description and a list of enemy names should be expected. Unique enemies, descriptions, what replaces crystal shards, and some Jade gear, would probably be enough. Let us understand what the biome looks and works like, and demonstrate how it's not "just the Hallow, but minus red, orange, yellow, blue, and purple." Until then, you're just asking the devs to think up your idea for you.

Last edited:
I like all of the things, the only reason I don't click like and say I support is I do not support splitting hallow

taken as a whole hallow is cohesive enough and doesn't particularly conflict with either of your alternate biomes here.
hallow is sparkly happy rainbow kiddie type magic, jade is enchanted forest type life magic. and the elemental light type crystal thing could easily be independent from hallow's glowy bits if you just give it a less "candy coated" color scheme(maybe tweak the hallow bats to be more colorful).
ripping unicorns and pixies for this would involve a significant redesign or look ridiculously out of place anyway(ex make unicorn white and less mlp feeling, different head proportions ect. or could make it a deer if that didn't work out).

the minor overlap with the original hallow could be handwaved as the same sort of theme gap that gave crimson shadewood(dark theme) instead of some kind of bone tree. could easily come out of this with 3 good concepts for light biomes. (especially if you consider every piece of hallow gear as biome independent which you are it isn't quite as huge as i'd think, cuts down on dev work from making 2 more complete sets of items(also corrupt/crimson precedent for desert/jungle/snow seems to be no special change that i can remember. crimson has dark mummies too, everything has pigron)) leaving hallow intact i support either but ideally both of these ideas.

[TLDR] I'd like seeing both jade and crystal in the game, but without destroying hallow.
"happy sparkly(modern) fairy tale land" "ancient forest" "light"
(aside: jade fit your old asia themed idea far better than ancient forest. feels more like viridian, or grove, sylvan, or celadon or something, but i'm bad with names and only know "fancy" colors from pokemon)

Last edited:
Only 2% of the UK know what "Eldritch" means. On-Topic, please add sprites because i would never think twice about creating a biome suggestion without sprites. Generally an OK idea though

i would never think twice about creating a biome suggestion without sprites.
I don't see the point. The devs aren't going to use any of the sprites people post with their suggestions. They'll make their own. So, frankly, it's a big waste of time.

Only 2% of the UK know what "Eldritch" means. On-Topic, please add sprites because i would never think twice about creating a biome suggestion without sprites. Generally an OK idea though
not everyone can draw, sprites make it pretty and help draw support but devs always junk them and draw their own anyway...
if its described well enough why not?

not everyone can draw, sprites make it pretty and help draw support but devs always junk them and draw their own anyway...
if its described well enough why not?
For something to be well-described, it's gotta have a description.

DarthEnderX said:
Slime:
Jade Slime - Illuminant Slime

Flying enemy:
Pixie - Illuminant Bat

Beast enemy:
Unicorn - Phantom Panther(Phanther?) - a Terraria version of a Displacer Beast

Night-time only enemy:
Gastropod - Crystal Elemental

Humanoid:
Nymph Hunter - Light Elemental

Floating weapon:
Jade Spear - Enchanted Sword

Rare Minibosses(ala Frost Golem):
Treant - Crystal Golem

All I'm seeing here are names. No description of how enemies look, no description of how they behave, and no description of what they drop. You keep mentioning you're "leaving things up to the devs," but this defeats the point of posting a suggestion, if you're not really suggesting something. This is more of a "there should be a hallow alt" thread than an actual hallow alt suggestion.

Also, ermm, I spent a bit of time typing up some constructive criticism up there for you..

Last edited:
...:p yeah, guess I meant more in theory as a reply to the statement that he'd never think of posting without sprites than this specific instance ;)

Last edited:
All I'm seeing here are names. No description of how enemies look, no description of how they behave
Because most of it should be fairly self-explanatory.
Do you really need to have a Treant described to you? Have you never read, watched, or played ANYTHING in the fantasy genre before?

Do you really need someone to explain to you how another slime recolor would look and behave?

I don't think a suggestion should have to treat it's readers as if they were 3 years old.

I spent a bit of time typing up some constructive criticism up there for you..
AND it's appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom