Biomes & Nature The Jade - Splitting the Hallow into it's own Alternate

Because most of it should be fairly self-explanatory.
If it's not all self-explanatory, then you should explain what isn't self-explanatory. Crystal Elemental? Nymph Hunter? No idea what they look like or behave like. Sprites are not needed (though they do help), however descriptions should be the bare minimum, but you don't even have that.

I'll use one of my small ideas as an example: pogo sticks. How you've presented your biome is as if I made a topic simply saying "There should be pogo sticks," and nothing more. I can expect most to know what they look like, but how does one get one? How does it work? Surely I can spend a few more seconds of time explaining this item? Same with you.

If you "don't have the time" to go into detail for your biome, why even post it? It's an incomplete idea and you seem completely against improving it and bringing it to a presentable state. The time you've spent writing back to us could have been instead spent on improving your biome. You've probably spent more time arguing against constructive criticism than you would have spent typing up a few more sentences for your suggestion.

Do you really need to have a Treant described to you? Have you never read, watched, or played ANYTHING in the fantasy genre before?
Yes, I do, as I have no idea how you intend for them to behave like. Or look like. Morning Wood and Everscream are two examples that behave similarly but look much different. Does yours behave like them? I've got no idea what your treant looks like. No one does, but you. Not everyone knows about treants, so with no mention of them being tree beasts, then those who don't know have no idea if you're just making up your own creature. I mean, you've got no descriptions for anything else, so "Treant" is nothing but a weird word to them. You're here trying to explain your idea to us, it's not our job to do a google search to see what you mean, you should be providing the info yourself. You don't need to type up paragraphs, just a line- just ANYTHING more than just a name. But you've got nothing, so all you have is a name suggestion, nothing more.

Do you really need someone to explain to you how another slime recolor would look and behave?
Slimes are simple enough to get, but your other creatures could use descriptions. You could also just say it acts like any normal slime, as some slimes have different behaviors, like slimelings, mother and corrupt slimes, and the spiked slimes, for example.

I don't think a suggestion should have to treat it's readers as if they were 3 years old.
No, you don't need to treat us like 3 year olds, but you also shouldn't treat us like we're mind readers.

AND it's appreciated.
It doesn't seem like it.. with how negative you've been responding to constructive criticism. We're not here trying to insult you, we're here trying to help improve the idea, but instead, when constructive criticism is given, you continue to argue against it. You seem to be mistaking constructive criticism with insults, and instead of being open for ideas, you continue to argue how we're wrong and try to belittle us with passive aggressive remarks like "I shouldn't have to treat you like you're 3 years old," and "Making sprites is only a waste of time" when you know others on here who have sprited for their threads. That's just insulting.

I was interested to see what could become of this, but if you've got no plans to improve and with your disrespectful attitude, I'm no longer interested.

Last edited:
Crystal Elemental?
Ice Elemental reskin.
Nymph Hunter?
Like a Nymph, only not rare.
If you "don't have the time" to go into detail for your biome, why even post it?
I have plenty of time. If I thought spending more time than I did would somehow improve the chances of the idea being being added to the game, I would spend it. I don't, so I didn't.

My only reason for posting something is the Suggestion forum is because I want to see it added to the game. If I don't think something is going to do that, I don't do it. I'm not trying to get hired as a spriter, or a balance tester, or any of that.

I don't think adding sprites to an idea increases it's chances of getting added, so I don't add them. I don't think detailing an enemies stats, drops or behavior patterns does anything to increase it's chances of being added, so I don't add them. I'm not qualified to be doing any of that anyway. And including them just gives armchair devs something else to complain about.
It's an incomplete idea
I don't agree with your opinion of what makes an idea complete.
No, you don't need to treat us like 3 year olds, but you also shouldn't treat us like we're mind readers.
I think you're being intentionally obtuse to try and make your point. You DID know what a treant was, so clearly I DIDN'T need to explain what it was.

And you should be able to tell from context(the fact that the Treant is listed as an equivalent to the Snow's Ice Golem) how it probably behaves. The fact that every new monster on the list is connected to a preexisting counterpart should make it fairly easy to figure out how it would behave.

The fact that you're going out of your way to ignore that context is what I mean by "like a 3-year-old."
"Making sprites is only a waste of time" when you know others on here who have sprited for their threads. That's just insulting.
I also don't go to those people's threads and say "This idea sucks because of all the sprites!" but for some reason, that's a valid thing to do in suggestions where people don't make sprites.

So, again, in summary, if I don't think something would increase the chances of the devs adding it, there's no reason for me to spend time on it.

If someone else liked the idea, and cared enough to do it themselves in the thread, I'd probably add it to the OP. Unless I didn't like it. Because I'm not going to include something I DON'T want added to the game into my suggestion.

Last edited:
Ice Elemental reskin.
Like a Nymph, only not rare.
If everything is a reskin, then this better fits as a texturepack, not an alternate biome. You're just suggesting a textureswap here.

I have plenty of time. If I thought spending more time than I did would somehow improve the chances of the idea being being added to the game, I would spend it. I don't, so I didn't.

My only reason for posting something is the Suggestion forum is because I want to see it added to the game. If I don't think something is going to do that, I don't do it. I'm not trying to get hired as a spriter, or a balance tester, or any of that.
Having a unique biome improves the chances of it being implemented. If you offer no new ideas, then this is hardly an alt Hallow suggestion. It's true, you're not spriting for the game, you're not testing for it- not sure why you mention the obvious. What you should be doing if you are proposing a new biome for the game is explaining how it would improve the game and how would it be different from the existing Hallow biome. So far everything is just the same. The devs would save so much time not implementing this as its not even a Hallow alt, it's a Hallow clone. Someone can make this a texturepack instead.

I don't think adding sprites to an idea increases it's chances of getting added, so I don't add them. I don't think detailing an enemies stats, drops or behavior patterns does anything to increase it's chances of being added, so I don't add them. I'm not qualified to be doing any of that anyway. And including them just gives armchair devs something else to complain about.
It's a suggestion. You can suggest all you want with how enemies act and look like and what they drop, the devs won't simply copy and paste things over, but they may like some of the ideas and go with them. Except you have no new ideas here. This only decreases the chance of this biome making it. You also suggest splitting up the Hallow which is extra work for no real benefit.

I don't agree with your opinion of what makes an idea complete.
Okay. So how is this idea complete? All I see is Hallow painted green with different enemy names. How would this be any less of a complete idea?

I think you're being intentionally obtuse to try and make your point. You DID know what a treant was, so clearly I DIDN'T need to explain what it was.
Yes, I did, but that doesn't mean everyone does. I didn't want to assume everything you had suggested were reskins, but it looks that way.

And you should be able to tell from context(the fact that the Treant is listed as an equivalent to the Snow's Ice Golem) how it probably behaves. The fact that every new monster on the list is connected to a preexisting counterpart should make it fairly easy to figure out how it would behave.
And if everything is a reskin, then I definitely don't see this making it in. A couple reskins are fine, but everything? How is this even a new biome? It's like this biome is already in the game. You're not offering anything new.

The fact that you're going out of your way to ignore that context is what I mean by "like a 3-year-old."
The only "going out of my way" I'm doing here is trying to offer constructive criticism. When someone is trying to help you, it's best to not actively insult them.

I also don't go to those people's threads and say "This idea sucks because of all the sprites!" but for some reason, that's a valid thing to do in suggestions where people don't make sprites.
No one is doing that here. Sprites are not needed, but you lack descriptions, you lack new enemy ideas, you lack any new ideas, you lack the bare minimum for a biome idea. You're so fixated on the fact you lack sprites when it's something we're not even pointing out anymore. You lack EVERYTHING for a new biome. Forget the sprites. There is nothing new about this biome, which completely defeats the point of an alternate biome.

So, again, in summary, if I don't think something would increase the chances of the devs adding it, there's no reason for me to spend time on it.
Then you're shooting yourself in the foot. Your whole biome can be summed up as "The Hallow, but with different textures." The point of a suggestion is to give the devs a new idea, make them go "Huh, that's a cool idea, we might use this!" but you only have what they've already done- just simply suggesting there should be different sprites, which you don't even go into detail on what they should even look like. This isn't a Hallow alt suggestion- it's a texturepack request.

If someone else liked the idea, and cared enough to do it themselves in the thread, I'd probably add it to the OP. Unless I didn't like it. Because I'm not going to include something I DON'T want added to the game into my suggestion.
You're wanting the devs to do all the work for this idea, as well as others, when it should be you who works on the idea. This is the equivalent to someone posting "there should be a hallow alt, post some ideas and if I like them I will say I like them."

Maybe if you were more open for change and put in more effort to not make this biome a textureswap request, you'd get more support and have a higher chance of this being put into the game. There needs to be more than "Crimson is red, so let's take Hallow and make it green, and that's it."

There are a lot of spriters on TCF, perhaps you should ask around to see if anyone is willing to make that texturepack for you. I've started politely, offering some helpful constructive criticism, but as you're so set in stone that what you have is perfect, it's no longer worth the frustration anymore. You've got potential with your theme- unfortunately you're sticking yourself to 0% of it.

most hallow ideas seem to be getting shut down out of hand with "I've decided cyber is the new thing, no more" which was silly since the previous "certain hallow alt, no more needed" is totally forgotten...

[the above is not relevant to the reply but accidentally deleted the one that previously had that]
m not qualified to be doing any of that anyway. And including them just gives armchair devs something else to complain about.
and this is a pretty big source of suggestion criticism here, a lavabolt thread i saw awhile back had people just piling on about how much the numbers the guy slapped on were unbalanced rather than the core concept of *straight waterbolt upgrade, *makes light *inflicts burning
well...it does still need an underground for jade though, you went out of your way to say hallow's didn't fit(the primary reason for this suggestion) and offered nothing as an alternative, so its pretty obviously a wip

"Making sprites is only a waste of time" when you know others on here who have sprited for their threads. That's just insulting.
some people just like to draw, it makes it pretty and draws fans on the forum but the devs really don't use them, so technically it is a waste of time unless you're releasing a texture pack or mod, but so is terraria anyway :p
but while sprites are trashed in the end accumulating likes seems to help get dev attention(and in the game) and sprites offer a large boost in that

If everything is a reskin, then this better fits as a texturepack, not an alternate biome. You're just suggesting a textureswap here.
[...]
And if everything is a reskin, then I definitely don't see this making it in. A couple reskins are fine, but everything? How is this even a new biome? It's like this biome is already in the game. You're not offering anything new.
hes not trying to make something new, mostly he wants to cut an existing biome in half and salvage what already is by reskinning it to fit one side or the other.

besides, many enemies use the same like..7? ai anyway. thats probably more what he means for "ice golem reskin"
edit- maybe you're thinking of a recolor of the icegolem sprite ala 505? texture packs do way more than that though so probably not

Last edited:
the previous "certain hallow alt, no more needed" is totally forgotten...
I didn't forget!

It was The Lunar right?
If everything is a reskin, then this better fits as a texturepack, not an alternate biome.
So then most of Terraria is a texturepack in your opinion. Since most of the enemies in the game are reskins of other enemies.
Having a unique biome improves the chances of it being implemented. If you offer no new ideas, then this is hardly an alt Hallow suggestion.
I would have agreed with you, except that the Crimson offers no real new ideas, and was pretty much just a reskin of the Corruption. And it got implemented. So clearly that's not the case.
Yes, I did, but that doesn't mean everyone does.
Again, this goes back to you assuming other people are stupid. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. If you got it, then it's safe to assume most other people will get it as well. Stop looking down on other people.
Again, EVERYTHING you are describing also applies to the relationship between the Corruption and the Crimson.
The only "going out of my way" I'm doing here is trying to offer constructive criticism. When someone is trying to help you, it's best to not actively insult them.
That's just it though, you weren't BEING constructive. You're just pointing out things you think the idea is missing, without actually offering any ideas for things you think should fill those holes. So there is literally no constructiveness in anything you're saying.
Your whole biome can be summed up as "The Hallow, but with different textures."
Which, again, is what the Crimson is. "The Corruption, but with different textures." If the biome does a ton of new things that the Hallow doesn't, then it's not a Hallow alt anymore.
This isn't a Hallow alt suggestion- it's a texturepack request.
So you keep repeating. To which the response is still, "So was the Crimson."
offering some helpful constructive criticism
Again, you saying "You forgot to do this and this and this" is not constructive.

Last edited:
So then most of Terraria is a texturepack in your opinion. Since most of the enemies in the game are reskins of other enemies.
I would have agreed with you, except that the Crimson offers no real new ideas, and was pretty much just a reskin of the Corruption. And it got implemented. So clearly that's not the case.
Again, this goes back to you assuming other people are stupid. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. If you got it, then it's safe to assume most other people will get it as well. Stop looking down on other people.
Again, EVERYTHING you are describing also applies to the relationship between the Corruption and the Crimson.
That's just it though, you weren't BEING constructive. You're just pointing out things you think the idea is missing, without actually offering any ideas for things you think should fill those holes. So there is literally no constructiveness in anything you're saying.
Which, again, is what the Crimson is. "The Corruption, but with different textures." If the biome does a ton of new things that the Hallow doesn't, then it's not a Hallow alt anymore.
So you keep repeating. To which the response is still, "So was the Crimson."
Again, you saying "You forgot to do this and this and this" is not constructive.
I have a question for you. If you don't want to put any effort into improving this idea and making it better (and more likely to be added), then why are you trying so hard to disprove the arguments of others?

Yes, thats how it is now, but i think it should change to biomes only generating with their alt, ie, corruption always having hallow.

If that was done, could they make it so you get all the alts or none?

You find copper, you have hallow, corruption, iron, silver, gold,

You find tin, you have jade, crimson, lead, tungsten, platinum

Guys, you can't just make opinions based on what he's written in the suggestion. Think deeper, this is just like a 'base' so to say, an idea to get the devs moving. And personally I like it. I think it's pretty cool and that this idea has a lot of potential! Imagine some sort of enemy that has the Caster AI and shoots some green lightning at you, that could be so cool!

I know I am really late. I always loved this idea and wanted to elaborate what came to mind for me but never got around to making an account until now.
I hope you don't mind, I'm just throwing ideas out there to elaborate on yours.

I was thinking since hue seems to be an issue from reading the comments, how about shades of Pink and maybe even the colour Jade Green sparsely intertwined some how? Pink is a well related colour to Jade and had me thinking of Cherry blossom trees. It could be a land of blooming flowers and blossoms. Maybe a scene where theres pink grass from all the flowers and fallen petals with a particle effect like The Covert with petals instead of leaves. The trees could be multicoloured like the Hallow with a burgundy trunk and white, pink and rose leaves? The water could also be white or even a shade of green (however the hell that may work)

The general biome and all the creatures, resources and items loosely following a colour pallete of greens, pinks, reds and white with bits of other floral colours thrown in there such as orange, yellow, purple, lilac, which would help compliment incorperating green into such a largely pink based idea.

How about Aura/Jade Remnants as an alternative for Crystal Shards? These could be green, purple and plum or something.

The idea of Jade and Nature leads me to think about Japanese mythology. Monsters based off of mythycal creatures such as Kitsunes(foxes), Kodamas(little white forest sprites) and the classic Tigers and Dragons.
The whole thing also has me thinking of fairytales and the Supernatural. Monsters such as Banshees, Fairies, Majestic Elves(LOTR).
Maybe even throw a Mighty Stag in there as a Unicorn alternative with colourful antlers like the legendary pokemon Xerneas.

Nature can be so beautiful and pure yet sinister. I know you were after an opposing colour scheme to the Crimson theme and I probably took this idea into an entirely different direction from what you had in mind. None the less I hope you like it even if you disagree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom