tModLoader The JoostMod

100 needles magic book is kinda op for earlygame weapon imo. It basically ignores def and it's dmg is pretty fast for really low mana. I would suggest adding a cooldown to it so it's as good as it's now but it cannot be used constantly or maybe have it's mana cost increased to like 100 or something like that or make the needles spread like a gattling gun so it's damage is not as consistent and has a more risk/reward thing going on.

The silver hatchet is cool but it behaves pretty strange. You can have multiple hatches out at the same moment the range is pretty far and it shoots not affected by gravity then it's affected by gravity a bit then stops and spins on place then returns. Shouldn't it be only 1 projectile and be always or never affected by gravity?

Last edited:
100 needles magic book is kinda op for earlygame weapon imo. It basically ignores def and it's dmg is pretty fast for really low mana. I would suggest adding a cooldown to it so it's as good as it's now but it cannot be used constantly or maybe have it's mana cost increased to like 100 or something like that or make the needles spread like a gattling gun so it's damage is not as consistent and has a more risk/reward thing going on.

The silver hatchet is cool but it behaves pretty strange. You can have multiple hatches out at the same moment the range is pretty far and it shoots not affected by gravity then it's affected by gravity a bit then stops and spins on place then returns. Shouldn't it be only 1 projectile and be always or never affected by gravity?
I'll work on balancing the 100 needles spell.
The hatchets work as intended :p
EDIT: You see, there is kind of a cooldown thing as the needles don't work under mana sickness, so i'll increase the spread and mana cost.

Last edited:
I think it would be nice if the needles shoots using this kind of spread

public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref float knockBack)
{
Vector2 perturbedSpeed = new Vector2(speedX, speedY).RotatedByRandom(MathHelper.ToRadians(30));
speedX = perturbedSpeed.X;
speedY = perturbedSpeed.Y;
return true;
}

Gattling gun style instead of shotgun or vamp knives style

The hellfire glove shouldn't appear when swinging, it looks less like throwing the flaming shurikens and more like you're swinging a giant hand that shoots them.

Patch 0.5.1.5
- Fishing Shotguns now deal damage
- Added Super rod
- Added Super Fishing Shotgun
- Added Pufferfish staff
- Added Grenade Fish
- Added Bubble Shield
- Added Plague of Toads
- 100 needles and 1000 needles now spread more and have higher mana cost
- Treasure goblin now has a limit to how many gold coins it throws while running
- Hellfire Glove and Chlorophyte Glove no longer appears while throwing
- Water Elemental is now affected by knockback
- Fixed bug where True pwnhammer doesnt fire beams
- Night's fury, Blood moon, Hallowed flail, true variants, and Terra fury all shoot less distance so they can be swung
- Terra fury now fires projectiles faster

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scw91oa7kjjmvuo/JoostMod Version 0.5.1.5.zip?dl=0

Version 0.6!
- Added a new boss fight, Gilgamesh! Summoned with the Excalipoor item
- Added loots from the fight
- Added Unicorn Lance
- Added Banners for the enemies
- Added Cactite
- Added Cactoid
- Removed Qactuar
- Resprited Lunar Shuriken
- Resprited Lunar Cactus Armor
- Resprited Air Elemental
- Reduced spawnrates of ICU
- Nerfed Dancing Zombie health from 100 to 50
- Nerfed Twin Chakrams' damage from 53 to 45
- Buffed Chlorophyte glove's damage from 45 to 49
- Buffed Ice Core-X's damage from 300 to 400
- Tweaked Air Elemental's Behavior
- Tweaked SA-X's second form's behavior
- Whirlwind now increases defense by 25 when in use
- Sandstorm armor has a new set bonus: Throwing weapons causes sand to buffet the enemy
- The Egg Sack now has increased range and moves towards the mouse faster
- Fixed bug where Treasure Goblin's health wouldn't scale up with expert mode
- SA-X's first and second forms now count as bosses for the sake of things like the boss healthbar mod
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv0xrn6r043fk2d/JoostMod Version 0.6.zip?dl=0

Tougher than even Calamity's Yharon, you will have a crazy time with the new boss.

Version 0.6!
- Added a new boss fight, Gilgamesh! Summoned with the Excalipoor item
- Added loots from the fight
- Added Unicorn Lance
- Added Banners for the enemies
- Added Cactite
- Added Cactoid
- Removed Qactuar
- Resprited Lunar Shuriken
- Resprited Lunar Cactus Armor
- Resprited Air Elemental
- Reduced spawnrates of ICU
- Nerfed Dancing Zombie health from 100 to 50
- Nerfed Twin Chakrams' damage from 53 to 45
- Buffed Chlorophyte glove's damage from 45 to 49
- Buffed Ice Core-X's damage from 300 to 400
- Tweaked Air Elemental's Behavior
- Tweaked SA-X's second form's behavior
- Whirlwind now increases defense by 25 when in use
- Sandstorm armor has a new set bonus: Throwing weapons causes sand to buffet the enemy
- The Egg Sack now has increased range and moves towards the mouse faster
- Fixed bug where Treasure Goblin's health wouldn't scale up with expert mode
- SA-X's first and second forms now count as bosses for the sake of things like the boss healthbar mod
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv0xrn6r043fk2d/JoostMod Version 0.6.zip?dl=0

Tougher than even Calamity's Yharon, you will have a crazy time with the new boss.
nice job

Well maybe with that new decimation mod coming up Supreme Calamitas may be getting a run for her money
True, but i'll definitely be adding more and more bosses in the future. So far i have ideas for an event, and four more bosses. But those are a long ways away.

True, but i'll definitely be adding more and more bosses in the future. So far i have ideas for an event, and four more bosses. But those are a long ways away.

Maybe you should do a space pirate event since SA-X is a boss, or maybe have mecha ridley as a boss

Back
Top Bottom