tModLoader The Lunatic

Nevermind, I think the game just calculates the days passed on a world with the DaysUntil in the config to get the days until the apocalypse, so changing DaysUntil actually also changes the days until apocalypse of every world
But a way to adjust a specific world's remaining days would also be pretty good

Nevermind, I think the game just calculates the days passed on a world with the DaysUntil in the config to get the days until the apocalypse, so changing DaysUntil actually also changes the days until apocalypse of every world
But a way to adjust a specific world's remaining days would also be pretty good
There's a hackish way to do this with Modder's Toolkit, if you really, really want it. Otherwise, I'll try to get something like this added to a later version.

A suggestion : When you're nearing "The end of the world" you could start spawning tragedies such as :
  • Meteorite Rain (With Sun Pillar Effect) / Acid Rain (With Vortex Pillar Effect) which might inflict terrain damage.
  • Faster Spread of the Corruption / Crimson. or Desertification by heat / Snowification by cold.
  • Increase or Decrease in Sun Distance or longer / permanent night.
  • Apocalyptic Invasion that gets stronger as you near apocalypse / you progress in the game.
  • More and worse storms. I.E. Rainstorms now also spawn hurricanes, etc.
Most of these "sceneario's" are also able to spawn in new enemies that might drop interesting loot to get back in the game, but not without a challenge.

Having effects like these that actually effect the world will increase the pressure and tension of the "Final Days".

A suggestion : When you're nearing "The end of the world" you could start spawning tragedies such as :
  • Meteorite Rain (With Sun Pillar Effect) / Acid Rain (With Vortex Pillar Effect) which might inflict terrain damage.
  • Faster Spread of the Corruption / Crimson. or Desertification by heat / Snowification by cold.
  • Increase or Decrease in Sun Distance or longer / permanent night.
  • Apocalyptic Invasion that gets stronger as you near apocalypse / you progress in the game.
  • More and worse storms. I.E. Rainstorms now also spawn hurricanes, etc.
Most of these "sceneario's" are also able to spawn in new enemies that might drop interesting loot to get back in the game, but not without a challenge.

Having effects like these that actually effect the world will increase the pressure and tension of the "Final Days".

That would be the best thing in the history of this mod!

I'd want to eventually add more signs and even apocalypse variations, but I need more time than I currently have. I'm going to do one more version to add a way to quickly respawn/summon the Lunatic (with maybe an added effect), as well as give him a hardmode attack upgrade and do some code tweaks for compatibility with my next mod.

Hey, my lunatic died while fighting the martian madness event and he has yet to spawn back into the world. Any idea what might be wrong?

Hey, my lunatic died while fighting the martian madness event and he has yet to spawn back into the world. Any idea what might be wrong?
If you suspect something wrong, tell me if your log.txt (Documents/My Games/Terraria/Mod Loader/Logs) reports anything. Also, set DEBUGMODE = 1 in the config file (Documents/My Games/Terraria/Mod Loader/Mod Configs/The Lunatic Config.json) and send me a screen capture in-game (reload mods to apply change). I sure hope this isn't a recurring thing...

The log didn't report anything, and heres the debug screenshot

Attachments

• uh oh.png
    uh oh.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 367
Well hang tight for a bit I'll make a version to allow resummoning him quickly. Don't really know if this is a bug or just bad luck, but it seems not to be worth chancing either way...

Edit: On second thought, I could just fix the respawn bug outright.

v1.2.4
  • Added 'enabled' config setting (allows disabling the mod without unloading it).
  • Fixed lunatic respawn bug.

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.2.4.zip
    308.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
v1.2.5
  • Updated for TML 0.10
  • Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
  • Numerous fixes and tweaks

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.2.5.zip
    341.5 KB · Views: 361
I`m confused. What does it mean when it says a "A bunch of foreigners and there pet lizard brought one in" even though i have already given him the Golem mask?

I`m stupid it was a Betsy mask. also on the last mask quest it said get one from Cthulhu kin. I killed the moon lord, the eye of Cthulhu, and the Brain of Cthulhu, and the lunatic cultist. I tried all of there masks but i couldn't get one from the moon lord after 5 times. is this a glitch or am i just doing it wrong
[doublepost=1497222494,1497222197][/doublepost]Never mind i figured it out.

Hey hamster, I found a bug with the reward item.
If you remove it from your accessories while the buff is active, and then manually deactivate the buff, you can go all around without the need for darkness and use whatever is in your first item slot.
It will also keep the shroomite armor effect active even if you are moving.

I tested to see what would happen when time ran out, it was a pretty good idea but I feel like something is lacking, idk why and I don't know what, but something is missing. I don't wanna spoil the event in any way.

I tested to see what would happen when time ran out, it was a pretty good idea but I feel like something is lacking, idk why and I don't know what, but something is missing. I don't wanna spoil the event in any way.
Well to be fair, according to the intended design, you're not really supposed to let time run out...

That said, I do have plans for peri-apocalyptic stuffs. Maybe even post-apocalypse, and a way to bring it about...?

Back
Top Bottom