Requires Mod Helpers
This mod adds an important missing component to Terraria: A central motivation. Namely, hurrying to save the world. Literally.
Incidentally (maybe), please welcome our friendly newcomer to the town roster: The Lunatic. Who is he? Is he a he? Why does he want masks? Will his bake sale idea ever take off? Is that unearthly increasing orange sky tinge normal? Play this mod to find out!
If for some reason you're finding it a bit of a struggle to quell those pesky seismic tremors, feel free to tone things down in the config file, found in 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/The Lunatic Config.json'.
...did I mention there's an excellent, one-of-a-kind reward waiting for you at the end of your quest? No cheating!
- You'll need a relatively fresh world to play this. The Lunatic won't spawn if you've killed any of the main bosses.
- You'll get warnings before the end comes. Talk to the Lunatic for more information.
- Once time runs out, the apocalypse begins. It is permanent for any given world (while the mod is active).
- Protip: Try to keep this guy somewhere safe! You won't be able to submit masks to a dead lunatic. yet?
Source code available. Config fields listed here. API available.
Requires tModLoader (+0.11). Copy the above .tmod file out of the .zip file into your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.
- Updated for TML11.5
- Added FloatInputElement for float config settings
- Added ranges to some config settings
- Consolidated custom boss mask code into modded item
- Added failsafes for custom boss mask loading
- Added failsafes for mask logic code
- Attempted fix for a crash error involving loading custom boss masks
- Updated to TML11.4 and MH5b
- Added config unavailability failsafe tweaks
- Restructure Lunatic NPC's code files
- Wrapped thrown exceptions for log outputs
- Added mod dependency major version validation on mod load
- Streamlined Mod.Call
- Switched from snake case to camel case
- Fixed 'MoonLordMaskWins' config setting victory condition
- Fixed API
- Updated to Mod Helpers v2.0.2
- Restructured Mod and ModPlayer overriding classes
- Added MP player load bug failsafe
- Added mod icon
- Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
- Added API
- Further refactored some internal code; no notable changes
- Added data interface for Honor Bound compatibility
- Refactored net code
- Refactored general code to use newer conventions
- Refactored config file code to newer conventions
- Updated for TML 0.10
- Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
- Numerous fixes and tweaks
- Added 'enabled' config setting (disables the mod without unloading it).
- Fixed lunatic respawn bug.
- Set public some classes.
- Fixed multiplayer mask submit (crosses fingers!)
- Fixed multiplayer player rendering error
- Various bug fixes & tweaks
- Fixed config defaults update bug
- Changed config default initial days to 9 (from 10)
- Changed config default days added per mask to 2 (from 2.5)
- Added config option to indicate days remaining
- Added config option to enable only the moon lord mask to be needed to win
- Added config option to use only vanilla bosses
- Fixed custom boss mask
- Added debug config option
- Added message popup on last day
- When submitting masks, an extra half day is added if current half day is at least halfway done
- Added 'days left' display on 'give mask' option
- Added more dialog for npc
- Add more time per mask (+1 whole day; +1.5 during hard mode)
- Remove old config ("The Lunatic 1.0.1.json")
- Fixed (I hope) orange sky tint weirdness.
- Give slightly better indication of remaining time until the end.
- Source code available: hamstar0/tml-thelunatic-mod
- Fixed possible moon lord mask give fail condition.
- Fixed Betsy mask hint failing to appear.
- Fixed issues with Moon Lord and Betsy mask drops.
- Prevented using context items while in shadow walker mode (AKA while cowl in use).
- Fixed EoW boss mask drop bug.
- Several bug fixes, including some critical ones.
- Implemented support for custom modded bosses via. dynamic boss masks. Note: Masks for modded bosses currently do not count towards progression, but are still accepted by the Lunatic to forestall the apocalypse.
- Added Betsy to required boss set.
- Fixed sky tint opacity problem.
- Added sound for quake fx.
- Added various useful config settings.
- Slightly increased default time gain from hardmode boss kills.
- Fixed quakes.
- Smoothed out quake animations + reduced their frequency of occurrence.
- Nerfed time limits, especially with hard mode.
- Fixed a time limit bug with the Wall of Flesh mask in particular.
- Fixed multiplayer bug.
- Set apocalypse counter to halt permanently when Ancient Cultist is killed.
- Decreased time until apocalypse & time recovered per mask.