Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing on iPad Air, still version 8.3, with 1987 MB RAM. Closing all active Apps and internet result in more than 1100MB Free RAM. Do I have enough to play the incoming 1.3 Terraria?
1987MB is almost 2GB - the requirement is 1GB so you should have enough.
I found a drax in the underworld chest is that that weird or normal and the world was in pre-hard mode
I've seen reports of this before. No idea if it's a bug or intentional or what, but it's been around a while.

Is there a way to transfer my Xbox 360 characters and worlds to Xbox one to play 1.3 when it's released? because I want to play console 1.3 and won't be able to on old gem

Is there a way to transfer my Xbox 360 characters and worlds to Xbox one to play 1.3 when it's released? because I want to play console 1.3 and won't be able to on old gem
Yes, 505 Games have stated that they will support that.
You will be able to upload your worlds from old-gen platforms and transfer them to current-gen – we have been focusing heavily on cross-saves over the past few months and will continue to do so in order to be 100% certain that this is functional for everyone.
This only touches upon worlds, however, I'm not sure if it goes for players as well. @Loki, could you perhaps confirm or deny this?

Would be nice if they didn't leave out the vita , I don't think it's a 12 year old console,
The reasons have been discussed many times throughout the thread. Although it is not that old, it is still not powerful enough. If you want more detail, I recommend you take a look through the last few pages; they explain the issue in more detail.

It's Nintendo. You're lucky the game is there at all on ANY of their systems, as it was basically a ground up project, since Nintendo doesn't use XNA framework.

All this talk of getting screwed? Terraria for the 3DS cost what, $40 if it was a cartridge?

If you've obtained more than forty hours of playtime with the game, you've received what you payed for.

There's no need to come across like a child and make demands. Cut them some slack, man, they're doing what they can with what they've got.

Yes! We're so very lucky they even bothered with us Nintendo fans! We should be happy to pay more than everyone else to receive less than everyone else! Silly me! We should just be happy they bothered at all... Eugh.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from... and to begin with, I've not made 1 demand.

I AM glad there's a version for Nintendo. But, what I expect is a version on par with the other versions, even if it's not up to the same version. What I didn't want was a version with no online, no world sizes and a completely broken multiplayer mode.

@Loki "I mean it's no stretch of the imagination to see that if 512mb phones and consoles cannot run 1.3, then it would seem pretty out there to assume even the 256mb N3DS could. That's all I see anyone talking about. Maybe I am missing something here?"

I thought you said you weren't going to talk to me about this stuff again? Or to me at all? :p I was happy with that. :) But, just to clarify, I never once said I thought that the 3DS version would ever be updated to 1.3. I've always suspected we wouldn't get 1.3. All I've wanted is for the 3DS version to have online multiplayer & slightly larger worlds, you know, those things you just assume would be in the game already. (call me crazy)

Oh, and, in my opinion if 505 weren't all about the money, there would be either a competent 3DS version (with all base features included) or no 3DS version at all. :) Thank you.

@Termina Moon I think you're missing the point. Codeglue did the Nintendo versions..any and all future updates to Nintendo platforms are up to them and them alone. ENGINE did the Playstation and Xbox versions. That includes Vita version as well. 505 is moving on with their own in-house company now. To follow your competent 3DS version rant I believe the game is competent enough. It has most if not all the features the Vita version has and at one point it even had MORE. The world size was never an issue for me really as I liked how fast you could traverse the world. I built my rollercoaster going across the whole set of biomes with an eventual rollercoaster underground in the works. The mechanics for being able to swing swords and use items on a minecart really helps too. The game actually has 1.3 mechanics that PS Vita version doesn't. 3DS still gets duke Fishron, Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon, Ocram, Fishing, Minecarts, visible accessories. All that cramped onto the 3DS' severely lacking hardware and it still manages to work. even without online play you could consider it a VERY competent port. The 3DS needs as much RAM as it can get just to play the game let alone use up more RAM to play online.

The reasons have been discussed many times throughout the thread. Although it is not that old, it is still not powerful enough. If you want more detail, I recommend you take a look through the last few pages; they explain the issue in more detail.
The vitas still a very powerful handheld:)

Well given the fact i bought 360 half a year ago i am unhappy.
Owel............. guess ill stick to 3DS for not pc console.

*snip to save space from drivel*
So, we arrive at an impasse? It's fairly common knowledge that the Wii U and 3DS have limited resources to work with when compared to other systems. You're quite literally asking for something that isn't really feasible. I agree that the multiplayer could at least work properly, but the 3DS was never built with party play in mind. A cursory glance at the Nintendo line-up will tell you that.

I own a Wii U, a 3DS and a PS4. I also own Terraria on mobile, PC , Xbox 360, and the PS4. Notice I don't own it for the 3DS? Because I'm realistic in my expectations. The platform works fine for Pokemon, as it doesn't require the crazy syncing process that a Peer to Peer "server" would require. The 3DS has a snowball's chance in hell at being able to maintain that kind of a sync.

As a side note, I'd ask that you show the staff around here, volunteer or otherwise, some respect and tact. @Loki is a Re-Logic employee, and as such, isn't going to quibble with you over semantic nonsense.

We all pick our systems, but not all of us do it on an informed basis. I'm not trying to take anything away from Nintendo, but their systems are sub-par when compared to just about any other current system. If you cannot do your research, then you cannot complain when something doesn't meet your unreasonable expectations.

yep. you can use items, swing weapons and tools, jump off like you should be able to, the velocity was spot on to the PC version right out of the gate. We still get the fishing quests the Vita does, still get critters. I don't think a lot of you know how much they actually managed to fit on a system about half as powerful as the Vita is.

I'd hate to feed the flames here but the Nintendo versions include the Wii u too you know,its running behind all platforms but 3ds and is more than twice as capable, in terms of ram, than last gen. I mean yea it sucks for 3ds, but it's a freakin 3ds! I mean you should expect that out of it. The Wii u however is a current gen system running less than last gen, and is litterly ignored by 505, not being listed as next or last gen on this thread. So all in all when you go and fight for justice fight for real issue :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom