Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules state you cannot start or share:
Simply stating their existence isn't against the rules, as long as you do not discuss how they're obtained.
(http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPiracyAndModding)
I didn't shared any methods or linked anything. Just pointed out items that are on console but shouldn't be there. How 1.3 S.D.M.G even exist in game files on 1.2.4 version?
* listen to Star Wars the imperial march Darth Vader theme while reading this*

I didn't shared any methods or linked anything. Just pointed out items that are on console but shouldn't be there. How 1.3 S.D.M.G even exist in game files on 1.2.4 version?
* listen to Star Wars the imperial march Darth Vader theme while reading this*
Those items were added in 1.2 (unobtainable for various reasons). Maybe you should check the wiki before posting.

Those items were added in 1.2 (unobtainable for various reasons). Maybe you should check the wiki before posting.
No existing data on gamepedia about it's existence on PlayStation platforms. Only xbox 360 version was confirmed by wiki to have S.D.M.G.
Version history booth pc and console don't confirm S.D.M.G existence.
S.D.M.G as existing functional gun confirmed by unit W4T3R (Whatever) on ps4 but history behind this remain unknown.
Additional data: Only confirmed method of obtaining S.D.M.G is patched so gun is again unobtainable by any mean but still exists in game files with possibly many other 1.3 items.

Guys, keep on topic about what pertains to the thread. It is beginning to turn into an off topic discussion on Unobtainable items. Thanks.

No existing data on gamepedia about it's existence on PlayStation platforms. Only xbox 360 version was confirmed by wiki to have S.D.M.G.
Version history booth pc and console don't confirm S.D.M.G existence.
S.D.M.G as existing functional gun confirmed by unit W4T3R (Whatever) on ps4 but history behind this remain unknown.
Additional data: Only confirmed method of obtaining S.D.M.G is patched so gun is again unobtainable by any mean but still exists in game files with possibly many other 1.3 items.
Not sure what you are talking about, but the part on the wiki that I though you should read was this:
history-sdmg.png

EDIT: That's all I wanted to say on the subject. BTW let's follow the moderators advice.

What is non offtop topic when 505 announce some update and discontinue 7th gen consoles?
#bestmoveever #7thgenerationconsolesareobsolete
Btw I'm leaving you console players and ps4 behind to enjoy 1.3 this week :dryadgrin:

Last edited:
cant we just get an exclusive update for past gen that just adds more items. Also will 1.3 come to wii u beacuse terraria just recently launched for it. my final question is what about NX?
[doublepost=1470084386,1470084128][/doublepost]it sucks 3ds inst getting this i was really considering buying it.

As someone who has the game for PS4 and PC, I can't wait for the experience to be refined! I could never really get into it as I did with PC Terraria..

But call me crazy, is it not a little unusual that mobile is getting 1.3, but Xbox 360 and PS3 aren't? It's just a little weird in my opinion.

As someone who has the game for PS4 and PC, I can't wait for the experience to be refined! I could never really get into it as I did with PC Terraria..

But call me crazy, is it not a little unusual that mobile is getting 1.3, but Xbox 360 and PS3 aren't? It's just a little weird in my opinion.
As have been repeated several times in this thread already, it's all about the memory (RAM). High-end phones have more RAM now than the old gen consoles.

The consoles being 10 years old is true but so is the Hp Laptop i was talking about in a recent post. It has only 1gb of Ram and the Gpu/Cpu are total crap.

When the Ps3/360 came out the amount of Ram they were using was low even then. With the other specs in them though it took the load off of the ram.
I have already said im no expert in this stuff but not a total idiot about it.
Terraria is not just Only running on ram, the other parts help to ease the load on the ram im sure.

In my last post i didnt say anything about bringing the full 1.3 but i know for 100% they could add some things from 1.3 or the Qol things people have been talking about. They wont though.

I didnt say it was a Conspiracy either, but its what they do, make games for money. Its what are companies do. There is no company out there thats gonna just give there game away free without anything in return. So i dont get how saying they are making money is some sort of Conspiracy?

End the end my point was they could still add parts from 1.3 and Qol changes to past gens. If they do that i will eat my shoe, but theres no money in doing it so it wont happen.

You notice they said we cant bring 1.3 over so we are done. Not we will still try to bring anything we can to at least bring some of the features over.

But your old HP Laptop is still running almost twice the amount of memory that the older-gen consoles contained. Yes, other things will seem to help ease the load, but memory requirements are hands-down one of the most critical aspects of technology running correctly (not to downplay the importance of other hardware, of course.) It's why, for example, most people are upgrading their architecture to 64-bit. 32-bit systems can only recognize 3 GB of RAM, and trying to run newer software on a 32-bit system properly is extremely difficult. Something like a rendering program, for example, will absolutely destroy a system with low RAM, regardless how good the processor is. Old-gen's horrendously low RAM can not be downplayed for 1.3's trouble in implementation.
As for the fact that they could just transfer some things over... Yes, they very well could. But for the most part, the majority of 1.3 focuses completely on the Moon Lord and his Biome changes. I'm sure he and the events around him are what's putting so much pressure on the systems, and implementing a lot of that without putting him in it would be pretty confusing. Yes, improving events like Solar Eclipse or adding Expert Mode may be possible, though. That I can't disagree with, and I am with you on that matter.
I wasn't saying that them "making money" was a conspiracy all in itself, and I wasn't singling you out. I was focusing more on the points made saying they don't care about their player base. Re-Logic seems to be one of the harder working companies, and they don't even receive the funding that most companies that SHOULD work hard receive (*cough* EA *cough*.) They've done a lot to try to show us that they really do care about us as consumers and fans. That's the part that irked me, they've done so much for this game to give it longevity and enjoyability for their fans, yet we continue to believe that most hardships or problematic choices they have to make is them doing this because they somehow don't appreciate or care about us or our support.

Reactions: CSz
Everyone got terraria thinking we would get 1.3 but now last gen can't even technically BEAT THE GAME !!!!!!!
You can "beat the game" if you move on to a new console. The console 1.3 update won't be out for almost a year. A lot can happen during that time. You may have a new console by then.

I'm done with terraria now on last gen and current gen because I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A PC OR CURRENT GEN CONSOLE THIS :red: IS STUPID THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID LONG BEFORE THAT LAST GEN WASNT GETTING 1.3 CAUSE THEN I WOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT IT AND I CANT BEAT THE GAME NOW CAUSE THERE IS NO FINAL BOSS SO :red: THIS GAME
[doublepost=1470089377,1470089056][/doublepost]
You can "beat the game" if you move on to a new console. The console 1.3 update won't be out for almost a year. A lot can happen during that time. You may have a new console by then.
Right I'm on the public library computer right now I got my xbox at a pawn shop for $20 and I was told it was dropped down some stairs so it has dents in it and I've had the red ring of death 4 times so no there is no way I can afford a xbox one any time in my life and I live in a trailer park

Right I'm on the public library computer right now I got my xbox at a pawn shop for $20 and I was told it was dropped down some stairs so it has dents in it and I've had the red ring of death 4 times so no there is no way I can afford a xbox one any time in my life and I live in a trailer park
Don't lose hope. Like I said, a lot of things can happen. According to your profile you're only 16, so you are probably still in school. But at that age many people start working. You may be able to save up enough money for one.

I asked before and didnt see anything about it.

1.Does anyone know yet what these bugs fixes will be?

2.If they do the fixes and it adds something that breaks the game are we screwed forever on those systems?

I asked before and didnt see anything about it.

1.Does anyone know yet what these bugs fixes will be?

2.If they do the fixes and it adds something that breaks the game are we screwed forever on those systems?
I think what they mean is that they will aim to leave last gen (almost) completely bug free.

I say almost because it's pretty much impossible to find every single bug in a game this big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom