tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

this reminds me, i get that the vinewrath bane is the boss of the reach and so it only makes sense that you have to summon it in the reach, but it feels kinda bad that the reach itself is not designed to fight the boss, unlike the brain or the eater, so will the biome change in the future of spirit ?
I used the reach's surface and it worked rather well as an arena

I used the reach's surface and it worked rather well as an arena
i know i did the same, but that's what bothered me, that a fight against the reach boss can't be performed in the reach (by that i mean the tunnels, where most of the things happens) and even though it's just a detail that doesn't stop in any means the progression through the game, it would be cool if in the future, the reach could become more an appropriate arena, just like the underground crimson/corruption does. however, this doesn't mean i don't like the reach, so far the biome and vinewrath bane are my favourite content from the mod, and maybe i compare it too much with the evil biomes, but i really wish that the biome and the boss could become closer... but that's just my point of view :dryadwink:

Is it me, or is the underground spirit's spawn rates higher than usual?
I am not using any battle potions or water candles, or anything that boosts spawn rates.

Is it me, or is the underground spirit's spawn rates higher than usual?
I am not using any battle potions or water candles, or anything that boosts spawn rates.
I'm pretty sure that the Spirit biome itself has higher spawnrates. I always get bombarded with enemies :dryadsmile:

I think the Overseer needs some sort of nerf.. cause 250 - 350 dmg each hit is kinda...op. Also he is REALLY fast, like.. REALLY and he's projectiles too. I'm doing a summoner playthrough with full warding accessories (69 def without potions) and beats me in 3 hits, even with the Fate Token is really hard.. :/

Also, a bug, the Stardust Dragon isn't targeting the Grove Caster.

Attachments

• 20170814085204_1.jpg
    20170814085204_1.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
I think the Overseer needs some sort of nerf.. cause 250 - 350 dmg each hit is kinda...op. Also he is REALLY fast, like.. REALLY and he's projectiles too. I'm doing a summoner playthrough with full warding accessories (69 def without potions) and beats me in 3 hits, even with the Fate Token is really hard.. :/

That's kind of the idea. It's meant to be really difficult and VERY hard to beat. I recommend using the best of the best stuff (Pre-Overseer of course) and the best weapons you can get.
I think it's also why the summoning item is so cheap, as it's one of those trial and error kind of fights
[doublepost=1502721901,1502721807][/doublepost]

That's because the Grove Caster is meant to be like an enemy that isn't targeted by minions, or it's a bug. Idk. All I know is that they made my life TOTAL HELL before I got Thorium's Void Lance lol

You need the Soul Star (Star, Stellar, Soul, Spirit and Ethereal Blade, 4 of each fragment and 15 ectoplasm), 10 luminite bars, 4 of each fragment and 20 Essences of Eternity (dropped from Overseer)
It's arguably the best Spirit weapon :nursesmile:
[doublepost=1502660134,1502660073][/doublepost]Hi guys! Just thought I'd share my Vinewrath Bane tutorial with y'all :nursesmile:
Enjoy!
Yay for me being mentioned in something! And if I recall correctly I think I planned to do this with all the bosses but... My computer basically imploded and life went bad. Oh well. (Nice job with doing it on expert mode Cloudy!)

(The post underneath mine, ALL bosses at once)

Last edited:
Yay for me being mentioned in something! And if I recall correctly I think I planned to do this with all the bosses but... My computer basically imploded and life went bad. Oh well. (Nice job with doing it on expert mode Cloudy!)
Haha no problem! You give a suggestion, I do it and mention you :dryadsmile:
[doublepost=1502728782,1502728723][/doublepost]Hey everybody!
If you're struggling with a Spirit boss, I'd be more than happy to make a video on it and credit you.
Have a nice day :dryadsmile:

anyone know where to get, the stellar aparatus. also the tide isnt spawning in multiplayer. spammed it so much in both oceans, and it just does the using animation but doesnt work. also the cog enemies that drop the energized metal should probably show up more. like ive killed wall of flesh and not found one yet.

anyone know where to get, the stellar aparatus. also the tide isnt spawning in multiplayer. spammed it so much in both oceans, and it just does the using animation but doesnt work. also the cog enemies that drop the energized metal should probably show up more. like ive killed wall of flesh and not found one yet.
Stellar Apparatus is dropped rarely from the Starplate Raider.

Stellar Apparatus is dropped rarely from the Starplate Raider.
oh damn nvm then. it took me like 30 scarabeus to get the gilded idol. i might as well not bother with starplate raider since the summon is so hard to craft with those energized metals that are impossible to find. hard weapons to craft for sure these artifacts

Are you people proud of me? I finally got the spirit banner up :dryadsmile:
[doublepost=1502739931,1502739886][/doublepost]
oh damn nvm then. it took me like 30 scarabeus to get the gilded idol. i might as well not bother with starplate raider since the summon is so hard to craft with those energized metals that are impossible to find. hard weapons to craft for sure these artifacts
Then I'd recommend installing Fargo's mod. You can just buy the beacon with that mod installed

That's kind of the idea. It's meant to be really difficult and VERY hard to beat. I recommend using the best of the best stuff (Pre-Overseer of course) and the best weapons you can get.
I think it's also why the summoning item is so cheap, as it's one of those trial and error kind of fights
[doublepost=1502721901,1502721807][/doublepost]
That's because the Grove Caster is meant to be like an enemy that isn't targeted by minions, or it's a bug. Idk. All I know is that they made my life TOTAL HELL before I got Thorium's Void Lance lol
It's ok, I get that he is hard n the summoner is cheap to craft, but one thing is the Supreme Calamitas which does 300 - 500 dmg per hit and you have the God Slayer set which saves you from fatal dmg each 45s and your def is about 200 when you face her, another thing is you face Overseer with less than 100 def and he still kills you in 3 hits. I mean come on, i'm using a S.D.M.G(Unreal) with chlorophyte bullets and a Stardust Dragon(Ruthless) and the Stardust Armor, even running across the whole spirit biome, i can't even lower his health to half bar.

It's ok, I get that he is hard n the summoner is cheap to craft, but one thing is the Supreme Calamitas which does 300 - 500 dmg per hit and you have the God Slayer set which saves you from fatal dmg each 45s and your def is about 200 when you face her, another thing is you face Overseer with less than 100 def and he still kills you in 3 hits. I mean come on, i'm using a S.D.M.G(Unreal) with chlorophyte bullets and a Stardust Dragon(Ruthless) and the Stardust Armor, even running across the whole spirit biome, i can't even lower his health to half bar.

Solar wings?
Also try to circle him while misdirecting the shots. Be careful when a circle appears. Thats where he will come from.
Don't use the stardust armor because the dragon can't keep up with the overseer.
Craft vortex armor instead or go for mage set with the quake fist, nebula blaze, lunar flare.

He won't be enraged or will despawn if you leave the spirit biome.
So take your entire world as an arena if you want.

Solar wings?
Also try to circle him while misdirecting the shots. Be careful when a circle appears. Thats where he will come from.
Don't use the stardust armor because the dragon can't keep up with the overseer.
Craft vortex armor instead or go for mage set with the quake fist, nebula blaze, lunar flare.

He won't be enraged or will despawn if you leave the spirit biome.
So take your entire world as an arena if you want.
I'm using Solar Wings.
In other words you're saying that I can't get the mod done if i'm a summoner? Great.

I'm using Solar Wings.
In other words you're saying that I can't get the mod done if i'm a summoner? Great.

Well if the stardust dragon can't keep up with the speed of the overseer i will say yes, it's close to impossible to kill the overseer as a summoner
without the help of other mods for example summoners association.

I'm doing a spirit only summoner playthrough right now. It's post plantera already.
Let's see if my claim is correct.

Back
Top Bottom