PC The state of 1.3.1 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAN is great if you have multiple PCs, but given the age range of a lot of Terraria players (both siblings playing with each other, or parents playing with young children), a LAN setup may not only be technically imposing (due to lack of knowledge of how to do so for children or tech-unsavvy people) or impossible entirely (due to children not necessarily having dedicated PCs of their own.)

Imagine a parent with 2 children and a single PC in the household . . . multiplayer with each other is more or less out of their grasp.

Well, I suppose so... though if you have 2 kids in your household... you really ought to look into getting a computer for each because face it... you're going to have fights breaking out in a few years.

Wiring mechanics and controller support.

Eternalserenity, I ty for replying and I'm sorry for not being specific with the question. What I meant was is there an update for 1.3.1? such as a release date, or an estimate on how long it will be before 1.3.1 is released?

Eternalserenity, I ty for replying and I'm sorry for not being specific with the question. What I meant was is there an update for 1.3.1? such as a release date, or an estimate on how long it will be before 1.3.1 is released?

There's still no official word on a release date or even an approximate estimation of when the update could possibly be ready. It's a tough, but all anyone can do is wait.

I read on the wiki that @Yoraiz0r had stated that a NOT gate could be simulated by connecting a wire to both inputs of a NAND gate. Unless the way wiring works is being changed, couldn't you simply wire the stuff that wouldn't pass through a NOT gate first, toggle the input, then wire the stuff that would pass through the NOT gate?

That's how I wired my hot tub room to have both regular lighting and mood lighting that is toggled with a switch...I wired up the regular lighting, toggled the switch, then wired up the mood lighting.

I read on the wiki that @Yoraiz0r had stated that a NOT gate could be simulated by connecting a wire to both inputs of a NAND gate. Unless the way wiring works is being changed, couldn't you simply wire the stuff that wouldn't pass through a NOT gate first, toggle the input, then wire the stuff that would pass through the NOT gate?

That's how I wired my hot tub room to have both regular lighting and mood lighting that is toggled with a switch...I wired up the regular lighting, toggled the switch, then wired up the mood lighting.

So after reading this I scourged the forums for my own post regarding the lack of NOT gate since I don't recall ever mentioning the simulation of NAND.

Here's the post for reference, open the comments if you want to read exactly what I said. :)

It's very likely someone on the wiki just mentioned a NOT gate can be simulated purely because I said it's not included as a workaround, however I believe it is unnecessary.

Terraria to begin with doesn't even operate on an "on/off" state for wires, any wire pulse you send is essentially an inversion of whatever it touches. (which is why connecting 2 switches to a torch would let it go on and off from either)

So yes, you are correct. :p

(On a side note, I didn't even state logic gates must include 2 inputs, Terraria's logic gates support up to ~2000 inputs (though untested because who would even use 2000 inputs on one logic gate) >_> )

Ah-hah, I figured as much. :) It didn't make sense that a dev would say to use a NAND gate for something that, due to the wiring system involving indiscriminate rising- and falling-edge toggling pulses, could be done by simply toggling the input before connecting it to the output.

Reading that post, it does seem you didn't say anything about using a NAND gate with the input wire connected to two inputs to simulate a NOT gate. Someone on the wiki misinterpreted your statement. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Never mind, I misinterpreted the Wiki entry. Sorry! ^^;

My most vivid question is: Whether there will be possible teleportation using logic gates? This means connecting teleporters through logic gates.

hi kayhley here pls can you make the terraria free reason is some of us dont have money to buy it we dont have steam wallet pls make it free you have enough money

my god like some feeling in me in my inner game body i had fun but one day i found a game that is called terraria i saw the website it was for sale and my inner game body damge me. when i play game i was now terrible T.T
[doublepost=1463644040,1463643540][/doublepost]how about this since its may can you do me a favor that terraria is free for 3 days pls im just being polite if you agree to this gift me an terraria game lol. if you want

my god like some feeling in me in my inner game body i had fun but one day i found a game that is called terraria i saw the website it was for sale and my inner game body damge me. when i play game i was now terrible T.T
[doublepost=1463644040,1463643540][/doublepost]how about this since its may can you do me a favor that terraria is free for 3 days pls im just being polite if you agree to this gift me an terraria game lol. if you want
Are you serious? Why should they give you the game for free?

I'm trying to understand what exactly you're saying here. You saw Terraria, you wanted Terraria, but you saw that it had a pricetag on it (Seriously, you're going to complain about $10?) and now suddenly the game is terrible?

But..... you still want it, but only if someone will give it to you for free?

Dude, no offense to you but I am... just... wow.

I really don't understand. It's $10. Most kids have $10 to spend in some way or another. Even when I was a teenager, I had $10 occasionally to spend. In fact, you can wait until Terraria is on sale (nearly every Steam Sale will have Terraria on sale) and then it's anywhere from $3 to $5. If you can't afford $5... then I REALLY don't know what to tell you. I think you got bigger problems than your "game body".

Again, no offense meant, but seriously... it's $10 or less. I've gotten 950+ hours out of this game and I bought it on sale for ~$5. That's less than 2 cents per hour.

Please do not beg for free copies of Terraria, it is against the rules of the forum to do so.

Assuming that you are looking for the PC version: Terraria is frequently on sale at the Steam or GOG stores for around US$2.50, which we feel is a very reasonable price. I suggest that you wait for such a sale.

If you're not able to play a game because you don't have money, check with some friends if they have the game and play it with them or let them show you the gameplay. That's the closest you can do (i've done it a couple times with different games) to playing the game for free.

Otherwise, look up some gameplays and check the game out if you're not sure if you want to buy the game. And seriously... 3 days? 3 DAYS?! WHO, FROM THE PEOPLE THAT ARE INTERESTED IN TERRARIA, PLAY IT ONLY FOR 3 DAYS?!!!!!!!!!

The best I could suggest is...maybe...a free demo version of Terraria, with only slime enemies, small worlds, no Underworld, a scant few pieces of equipment, and a limit of two or three character slots and worlds.

Terraria is frequently on sale at the Steam or GOG stores for around US$2.50, which we feel is a very reasonable price. I suggest that you wait for such a sale.
I feel I have to correct you here, the price is not reasonable at all. It's waaaay, waaaay too low for a game with this much content and replayability. A hundred+ hour timesink for the price of a coffee (during sales). You people are nuts (but in a good way). :)

I feel I have to correct you here, the price is not reasonable at all. It's waaaay, waaaay too low for a game with this much content and replayability. A hundred+ hour timesink for the price of a coffee (during sales). You people are nuts (but in a good way). :)
Right?

Let's pretend I don't have almost 4k hours in this game and round it down to an even 3000.

You can routinely get Terraria for around 3 dollars.

3000 hours of entertainment for 3 bucks is .001 dollars an hour. For Terraria to get any cheaper, the developers would have to pay you to play it.
:kingslime:

And now, on the cusp of the game's 5th birthday, it is still being improved. It's like the developers are mailing every user a slice of cake. It's their birthday, but the guests are the ones getting the presents. We're living in that upside-down world... and someone still wants it for free.

Madness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom