Terraria Community Forums 2018 Christmas Contest
Happy Holidays fellow Terrarians!
The Holidays are in full swing as the year of 2018 comes to a close. Throughout the Holidays, the passion of Terraria still continues as the Developers continue to make the 1.3.6 update for PC and Pipeworks continues work to update the Console & Mobile Versions of Terraria with the Nintendo Switch version to join the family next year, believe it or not, 2019 is only 1 month away!
To celebrate the Holidays, and to bring some excitement and Holiday Spirit, we've decided it is time for a new Contest to nicely wrap up the end of 2018! This is the Terraria Community Forums Christmas Contest!
This time around, the theme is straightforward overall. You will make a creation that is Christmas themed and/or Winter themed. Examples of this could be building a replica of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, a Snowman, a Christmas Tree with Lights, making a cookie based off a Terraria character or monster, or any element of Terraria made to have a Christmas theme. Naturally this can also include elements from the Frost Moon and Frost Legion Christmas events in Terraria. What you will create is up to your imagination. Similar to previous contests, we want to offer several ways for contestants to creatively express themselves and get into the Winter or Holiday spirit!
There will be 3 Categories that members may choose to classify their entry with. Each member may choose only 1 category for their entry. And your Entry must focus on the theme of Christmas and/or Winter overall.
- In-Game Creations: This includes screenshots or videos
- Artwork: Traditional (drawing, statues, origami, etc) and Digital (computer graphics, drawn on a tablet, etc) both fall under this category.
- Other Creative Expressions: Other ways of expressing creativity include Writing, Music, Interpretive dance, and live action reenactments which do not fit into the other categories.
- Every user is allowed to submit only one entry and in only one category. (For example one entry in the artwork category, and none in any other)
- Entries which do not meet the specific Category rules by the deadline will be disqualified.
- You must have been a member of TCF for at least 3 months prior to the date that this contest starts. (must have registered by September 1st 2018)
- No stealing another person's work. If you are found guilty of this your entry will be removed and you may get additional punishments in accordance with forum rules against plagiarism.
- You may edit your post to switch your current submission with another as much as you want, but the contest section will be locked on January 15th, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST, and you will be stuck with the entry on your post.
- Placeholder posts are not permitted. They are unnecessary and make the judging process more complicated. Any placeholder posts made in the Submission Thread will be deleted.
- While not a set in stone rule, putting your image in a spoiler is much appreciated for people with low end computers.
- Needless to say, global forum rules still apply, and excessive profanity or inappropriate content will not be suitable for consideration.
- The Staff will have the final say on what fits in which category or not.
- Creative expressions in this category are focused on, but are not strictly limited to unedited In-Game Screenshots or videos. Other Forms of expression may be accepted as long as it is content gathered from playing inside the game itself
- No editing your images. This includes editing text or graphics into it. You are allowed to crop your images down
- If you have more then one user in an image you must all agree that one person (the user submitting the image) is the one who will receive the prize. We can't give several users the same prize for being in one group screenshot.
- Video entries are to be no longer than 5 minutes, this is to make the judging process more reasonable overall
- Creative expressions in this category include Traditional Art (drawing, statues, origami, 3D Sculptures etc) and Digital (computer graphics, Pixel Art, drawn on a tablet, etc)
- You may use content gathered from in-game to support your artwork
- Creative Expressions in this category include, but are not strictly limited to Writing, Music, Interpretive Dance, Performed Song, Live Action Reenactments, and any other form of creative expression not directly specified in other Categories
- Writing entries are limited to 1,000 words
- Music must have elements from Terraria present in your music. You may use any part of an existing Terraria song as part of your music (PC and Console songs included naturally). The Terraria OST can be bought from Bandcamp (Vol. 1/Vol.2/Vol.3) or Steam. There are some songs that are not part of Terraria's official soundtrack yet which can still be used as part of your songs (Examples: Sandstorm/Old One's Army Theme)
The Entry Process
Posting an entry to the Contest is easy! Simply head over to the Contest Submission Thread before the deadline and post your entry on this Thread. Specify what category your entry classifies as and your entry has been entered. All entries must be submitted to the Submission Thread linked above. Your entry will not be counted if it is posted on this Thread or anywhere else on the Forum. You may change your entry along with category you have for your entry as many times as you wish before the deadline. Once the deadline hits, the Submission Thread will be locked, and all entries will be considered final and cannot be changed.
How long do we have?
The contest's entry phase will be from now, to January 15th, 2019. Entries will not be accepted after 11:59 PM PST on January 15th. This is to allow the highest amount of leeway for people entering on the final day.
We've increased the duration to be a little longer than a month compared to previous contests so that contestants do not feel pressured to complete their entries before the Holidays are over. This way contestants will receive a fair amount of time to plan their entry and then they can submit their entry before or after Christmas and New Year's Day.
How will this be judged?
We will judge your entries based on Creativity, Presentation, and Representation of the theme by the judges. The judges panel will be comprised by members of the TCF Moderating team, with the final decision on winners being made by the Re-logic Staff. When taking entries into account, we will put more weight into judging how creative an entry is rather than how talented it is with how it approaches a creative presentation of the Contest's theme.
Judging will begin after the Contest closes. There is no time table for when judging will be completed after the Contest, but we will attempt to judge the entries as thoroughly as possible. Reviewing every entry carefully will take priority over trying to determine the winners quickly for this Contest.
We will be having prizes as in previous contests. The prizes will be defined as follows:
First Prize Winner (1 for each category) will receive:
- A choice of any one item from either the Official Terraria Amazon store or Official Terraria Teespring store.
- Terrarians living in US, UK, or Germany choose from the Amazon store, and Terrarians living in any other country choose from the Teespring store (any customs charges are the responsibility of the recipient)
- The Winners will be contacted through PM on the TCF Forums regarding the item (size, color, etc) they desire
- A special Contest Winner's trophy and title
- A special Contest Winner's trophy and title
- A special Contest Participation trophy and title
This means there will be 3 total winners and 9 runner ups!
Entry Thread for Easy Access
If you have questions about the contest as a whole or are confused about creating and entering for any part of your contest, always feel free to PM any TCF Moderator. We look forward to seeing the entries of all Terrarians and are excited to see what our Community members can create!
Last edited by a moderator: