tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hey I just thought of a cool weapon idea: A guided rocket launcher that functions like the rainbow rod/flamelash etc. but uses ammo and explodes upon contact with anything...regular pre-hardmode rocket launchers wouldn't hurt either.. 'course they'd have to have new ammo I guess?
Surprised it wasn't a summoning weapon..:p

I've noticed that with the Holiday's Greeting and Halloween Spirit items, you can use them to make it be christmas and halloween at the same time. Don't know if that is a known issue or not, but expected behavior would probably be one cancelling out the other.

You're right, their first forms aren't actually considered "bosses". This is to avoid the death message and hearts that drop when normal bosses are killed. Since its only a form, and isn't considered an actual kill in expert mode, that's why. I'm attempting to get the second forms into a singular entity, so that should stop that issue.

I should mention that use of multiple mods will always have some... strange effects.

Another way to prevent the bosses from dropping anything and not display the death message is by adding this method and returning false:
Code:
public override bool PreNPCLoot()
 {
 return false;
 }

With this method you should be able to add npc.boss = true; in SetDefaults() without the death message and hearts.

Not sure if this would be beneficial, just thought I would share how Calamity's bosses do it.

(Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I do need some help..)

Having a small problem with the Grand Thunder Bird's expert mode drop (the bow); playing on a multiplayer server with friends, and they can view the item properly, but when they put the item in the chest or give it to me, it appears as a Titan Headgear and functions as one to me, but to them it still works as a bow. Is this problem caused by a version mismatch, or something else?

(Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I do need some help..)

Having a small problem with the Grand Thunder Bird's expert mode drop (the bow); playing on a multiplayer server with friends, and they can view the item properly, but when they put the item in the chest or give it to me, it appears as a Titan Headgear and functions as one to me, but to them it still works as a bow. Is this problem caused by a version mismatch, or something else?
Most likely a version mismatch. Its best to have the exact same version of the mod and disable any other mods you guys aren't using!

Most likely a version mismatch. Its best to have the exact same version of the mod and disable any other mods you guys aren't using!
I haven't checked for sure yet, but I'm fairly certain we're using the same version of the mod; other problems have been popping up too; for example, when i broke a thorium anvil on accident, it turned into a thorium revolver. Some blood moon monsters (pre-hardmode) dropped things like the Strange Communicator, there's a stack of 53 Frost Furies somewhere, but I think it's only on my side, i'm not sure, my friend hasn't logged on yet to help me test.
Another thing is that I'm also using a Mac; i'm not sure if that would change anything, but could that be part of the problem?

Fixed the problem by using Windows.

Last edited:
Not sure if this bug was addressed but I tried placing a Thorium Pax onto an item display and it vanished. Upon taking the display down, it turned into a Boomerang Statue. May happen with other items in this mod.

Not sure if this bug was addressed but I tried placing a Thorium Pax onto an item display and it vanished. Upon taking the display down, it turned into a Boomerang Statue. May happen with other items in this mod.

I kinda sorta saw an issue like that when I updated to version 1.2.9.17. Prior to updating, I had defeated the Lich and put the Soul Render up on a weapon display. After updating, the item on the display had changed to something completely different.

I kinda sorta saw an issue like that when I updated to version 1.2.9.17. Prior to updating, I had defeated the Lich and put the Soul Render up on a weapon display. After updating, the item on the display had changed to something completely different.
thats something that will most likely happen when updating with items in weapon/item racks, also i believe modded items act funny with those things regardless.

Hi! Is there a way to download older versions? because i updated it without knowing it was for the newest tmodloader and want to combine this mod with zoaklen mod, which is from an older version

I am doing a playthrough of Thorium in Expert Mode, and I was able to summon the Grand Thunder Bird wherever, despite the wiki saying that it could only be summoned in the Desert.

I am doing a playthrough of Thorium in Expert Mode, and I was able to summon the Grand Thunder Bird wherever, despite the wiki saying that it could only be summoned in the Desert.
eh? i think someone may have placed that into the wiki wrong, it has always been able to be summoned anywhere during the daytime.

EDIT: it actually seems a bit more incorrect than i thought, i dont ever remember it using up storm flares at times that it wont summon him, the sad part is its the only part of the page i cant edit, so whoever put it in will have to do it.

First time poster - I <3 Thorium!

Question: Is there a pattern to where Illumite ore is spawned? I've killed Plantera twice and haven't found any. I also didn't receive a message in chat with Illumite's flavor text (I don't know if I should have). The discoloration from spelunker potion might also be throwing me off.

Back
Top Bottom