tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I'm in love with this mod! Nice work!
Small bug: I wasn't able to summon the grand thunderbird. When I use the gun the spawn message appears but the boss doesn't show up (I have the required ammo and it's daytime). Mods which I'm using. I have the newest tmodloader and thorium versions.

I tried it again today and he spawned now. Probably my bad. Sorry!

The Hex Wand doesn't work for me in multiplayer - any idea what could be happening? It works as intended when I play along, but if I use host & play (same world and character), it just does the 5 true damage.

The Hex Wand doesn't work for me in multiplayer - any idea what could be happening? It works as intended when I play along, but if I use host & play (same world and character), it just does the 5 true damage.
I think that's intentional? Since that item is blatantly overpowered.

Well I know what boss I'm not beating ever!...Seriously, I can BARELY beat the Moon Lord even with the nurse-psudo-cheating method... :sigh:;(
you may want to try a minecart arena set up with blocks/walls for protection, it really helps

also on the note about healers not supposed to be single player/damage dealers i agree that maybe it should not be a class that is equal to the others in that regard, however that is why i proposed either an item or an armor set which makes the ability to heal others become heal self and maybe give a bit of vampire, basically its the difference between playing a support cleric or a tank cleric, healers *can be battle proficient, but you have to specialize to do it, as for the modifiers the type of them that is being suggested is mainly things that would boost the healing portion of theiir skills, not their damage

a note about vanilla mechanics that were brought up (and also about modded npcs) i think that there should be a way to get an item from said npc which (once placed in their room) always lets them respawn

I will say that the Ragnarok is significantly easier on Normal difficulty. Using a Terrarium set, I just beat it five times in a row, where on Expert mode I barely beat it twice, with much dying, only winning through prodigious amounts of cheese. I recommend bringing a friend. Speaking of which, the "Ragnarok has been stopped" message appears to be duplicated on Normal difficulty.

Addendum: On the note of the Terrarium set, I wonder why there's no hamaxe. That is to say, I would like to see a Terrarium Hamaxe. Or, hammer/jackhammer and axe/chainsaw. And what the heck, how about a Terrarium HamDrax.

Last edited:
you may want to try a minecart arena set up with blocks/walls for protection, it really helps

also on the note about healers not supposed to be single player/damage dealers i agree that maybe it should not be a class that is equal to the others in that regard, however that is why i proposed either an item or an armor set which makes the ability to heal others become heal self and maybe give a bit of vampire, basically its the difference between playing a support cleric or a tank cleric, healers *can be battle proficient, but you have to specialize to do it, as for the modifiers the type of them that is being suggested is mainly things that would boost the healing portion of theiir skills, not their damage

a note about vanilla mechanics that were brought up (and also about modded npcs) i think that there should be a way to get an item from said npc which (once placed in their room) always lets them respawn
thats the point of expert skill and cheese

Encountering another bug with the Ragnarok battle. The "Touch of Omnicide" debuff is not being removed when Omnicide is killed, though the "Tainted Hearts" debuff is properly removed. Still doesn't actually kill you, though.

So I noticed the Magma Pickaxe was nerfed... Feels kinda like a lazy change to stop people from using it to get hellstone/desert fossils without killing EoW/BoC first.

I honestly think it's original pickaxe power should be restored, however, the following changes should be made to keep players from getting Magma Ore too early.
-Make the ore immune to explosives, like how desert fossils are immune.
-Make the ore require a nightmare/deathbringer pickaxe to be mined.
-Make enemies in the underworld not drop red hot bags until EoW/BoC is killed at least.

That would make the ore restricted to being behind EoW/BoC so the magma pickaxe could go back to having its original pickaxe power, but wouldn't be usable for bypassing EoW/BoC. I always thought of the Magma Stuff as being a tier between Demonite/Crimtane and Hellstone.

Also for the aquatic depths, I finally got around to trying it out for the first time in a legit playthrough, and it's a fun biome though I do suggest a couple things.
-Make the Kelp more rare, I got over a stack of it in one trip and all I did was dig around a little.
-Aquaite Ore should take the same amount of hits to break with a Nightmare/Deathbringer pickaxe as Hellstone, just a personal thought.
-The Stone in the aquatic depths should be equal to regular stone, it feels kinda silly that a Nightmare/Deathbringer pickaxe can break it in one smack yet it's immune to bombs.
-I do wish kelp could be planted in clay pots like every other herb, since it's already plantable in planter boxes, why not clay pots too?
-Is there a dedicated planter box for the kelp? If not then there should be, some terrarians like their herbs being in the correct planter box. >_<

A suggestion for the set bonus of the tide hunter armor, it shouldn't be able to work on certain non boss enemies, like worms for example, it's pretty silly when I knock worms upwards.

And now to share some screenies.
Note I took these on my laptop so the quality is bad, my computer is currently having another fan issue...

Blood moon in the aquatic depths, I guess it's now the Bloody Depths. :p
20161209193358_1.jpg

Interesting spot for a gold chest.
20161209195515_1.jpg

Last edited:
So I noticed the Magma Pickaxe was nerfed... Feels kinda like a lazy change to stop people from using it to get hellstone/desert fossils without killing EoW/BoC first.

I honestly think it's original pickaxe power should be restored, however, the following changes should be made to keep players from getting Magma Ore too early.
-Make the ore immune to explosives, like how desert fossils are immune.
-Make the ore require a nightmare/deathbringer pickaxe to be mined.
-Make enemies in the underworld not drop red hot bags until EoW/BoC is killed at least.

That would make the ore restricted to being behind EoW/BoC so the magma pickaxe could go back to having its original pickaxe power, but wouldn't be usable for bypassing EoW/BoC. I always thought of the Magma Stuff as being a tier between Demonite/Crimtane and Hellstone.

Also for the aquatic depths, I finally got around to trying it out for the first time in a legit playthrough, and it's a fun biome though I do suggest a couple things.
-Make the Kelp more rare, I got over a stack of it in one trip and all I did was dig around a little.
-Aquite Ore should take the same amount of hits to break with a Nightmare/Deathbringer pickaxe as Hellstone, just a personal thought.
-The Stone in the aquatic depths should be equal to regular stone, it feels kinda silly that a Nightmare/Deathbringer pickaxe can break it in one smack yet it's immune to bombs.
-I do wish kelp could be planted in clay pots like every other herb, since it's already plantable in planter boxes, why not clay pots too?
-Is there a dedicated planter box for the kelp? If not then there should be, some terrarians like their herbs being in the correct planter box. >_<

A suggestion for the set bonus of the tide hunter armor, it shouldn't be able to work on certain non boss enemies, like worms for example, it's pretty silly when I knock worms upwards.

And now to share some screenies.
Note I took these on my laptop so the quality is bad, my computer is currently having another fan issue...

Blood moon in the aquatic depths, I guess it's now the Bloody Depths. :p
View attachment 151206

Interesting spot for a gold chest.
View attachment 151207
The gear made from Magma is way too weak to be post-EoW/BoC, and would be far too similar to Hellstone were it buffed to be post-EoW/BoC. Also, making the Deathbringer pickaxe a requirement to mine it just so that the Magma pick can mine Hellstone is pretty contrived in itself.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just mucking around with the stuff in this mod using a mage and managed to down Plantera. Couple questions, mostly looking for opinions:

- Thoughts on best magic weapons pre-Golem? Seems like they did a nice job balancing the weapons as there are a lot that feel very viable, although the Hallowed Staff is a clear winner due to versatility over most things. Aside from that, I'm running Black Hole Cannon and Chlorophyte Staff for single target damage. I'm thinking the Dread Staff *might* be better but the Chlorophyte Staff is just way easier to use.

- Similar to above, the armors at the Spectre Armor tier seem to be so similar. When it comes to evaluating them, I'm mostly stuck on how the damage replication features of the Spectre and Cryo-Magus armor affect the power levels of those particular sets, especially compared to the Reality Breaker set bonus. What do you guys think? Which armor would you use going into Moon Lord?

so i have a question... has anyone managed a Ragnarok battle with Nothing but a copper sword and movement building in expert yet? i have seen it done on ML before but im not sure about R

also leave the knockup effect alone, i use that specifically for those darn annoying worms

on the yoyos i have often thought that myself, it seemed like they really missed a chance when they made the terrarium a drop rather than make a crafting tree like the terra blade, maybe you could need to find different yoyo parts from myth/legend to create the new best one, but the older ones could all have some sort of true upgrade? id totally rock a true wooden yoyo hahaha, on the new one though you could maybe use like the string from the Minotaur's maze, the gold book and black book, the orb of alder, the crown of thorns, the iron crown, the shield of mirrors, and the golden fleece... or well something like that, each one could be a rare drop from a different late game rare spawn miniboss and together they could maybe fuse into "Alpha Throw", then by turning it true it could be even better, and finally all of the various trues could be fused into the "Omega throw", just ideas of course

Back
Top Bottom