tModLoader The Thorium Mod

why anybody dont want to help me? WHY all of thorium mod ores are dissapearing???
It's quite simple, Tmodloader has a build in way to load worlds with modded tiles/ores/furniture without having the mod enabled, this is by turning said tile into a dirt block.
So if you make a Thorium mod world make sure to keep Thorium Mod loaded and never load the world with Thorium Mod disabled.

Hi again, i made a post a while ago about how none of the modded accessories are giving be the abilities it says it will. Ex: the Boots dont give me the extra jump boost, the slowfall boots dont dive me a slow fall. (This is the same with the shields, rings, etc.) If you can help that would be great thanks. I have a Mac if that helps at all,

Hi again, i made a post a while ago about how none of the modded accessories are giving be the abilities it says it will. Ex: the Boots dont give me the extra jump boost, the slowfall boots dont dive me a slow fall. (This is the same with the shields, rings, etc.) If you can help that would be great thanks. I have a Mac if that helps at all,

I don't think having a mac would affect anything. Do you play multiplayer or do you play solo? If multiplayer then maybe there is an issue there if solo then do you have the 100% latest version of thorium? Other than that i dont know why they wouldnt work properly. Im not a part of the team or a coder so i cant do much but hope i can give some insight.

Yeah, I honestly don't have a solution or fix, because when accessories don't work for people, the situation is never quite the same. Maybe someone on the tModLoader thread might have a better answer.

Just to state this, the mod is really great as of now. But I have a few questions about the balance:

The terrarium items, back in the 1.2 version they were the high-tier stuff. Now they're a REALLY good pre-moonlord set that has around as much defense as solar armor. You should probably buff the terrarium sword by giving it the ability to have a chance to expel a short range swarm of multicolored projectiles that do 20-35% of the sword's original damage. Keeping the close range high DPS statistic good.

The terrarium sword, compared to the hyper disk and spear, is only useful for knocking back and killing crowds. But the spear can easily kill crowds more efficiently and the disk has higher single-target damage.

Second off, the beholder change was honestly needed. It really helps people pass the mechanical bosses; are you going to re-add the ability for the obliterator to shoot different bullets, or maybe even add an upgrade which has slightly higher damage and has that ability? I really miss that combo with crystal bullets.

Also, are you going to do anything about the lodestone/valadium generation often overlapping things such as lizahard temples or dungeons or do you have to wait for Tmodloader to update.

Aside from that worldgen thing too, the prime's fury is quite useless as of now against stronger enemies due to the clunky projectile timing, maybe just give it a longer reload time instead of random chance to fire, it would be alot more valuable for a post-mech weapon.

The destroyer's wrath has a sorta slow-ish speed, it should probably just have lower damage and constantly fire bullets so it "simulates" the destroyer's lasers in a battle against it. So it'd be weaker than the megashark, or a placeholder before you obtain it.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of possibly making boomerangs do Throwing Damage instead of Melee Damage?

Eh, I honestly dislike this idea. But you COULD make it so if you're doing a thrower playthough; that you can use any weapon that goes along the lines of chucking it, even if it is melee in this case.

Oh, and if you do use that rule, there's a surprise waiting at the end, being a disk that does a ton of damage and is post-plantera to pre-moonlord tier.

Also, do you ever use this mod?

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/zoaklenmod.41161/

Last edited:
I think the blacksmith would sell it, but it currently does it.

My question is that; is the black hammer and folded metal implemented?
yeah I guess so..

EDIT: just found out that you can get the black hammer by killing the blacksmith!

Last edited:
Also you can buy the folded metal from the blacksmith if you have the black hammer in your inventory... But the weapon used to craft it with isn't really that good :/

yeah I guess so..

EDIT: just found out that you can get the black hammer by killing the blacksmith!
rc7n6b.jpg

Well, atleast it makes a nice replacement for the terra blade if you didn't obtain the night's edge early.

Doublepost: So after minig with the Drill Mount, I've only got 20 smooth coal and 230+ thorium. Bloody 20. Fix it. That's way too low chance to spawn it.
EDIT: I got the Bulldozer achievement while mining. I had only very small progress on it in steam, now it's full.

That's a multiplayer bug caused by tModLoader, not Thorium mod. I cant fix that I'm afraid. :sigh:
[DOUBLEPOST=1457361348,1457361331][/DOUBLEPOST] I'll look into that!
Edit - Its been fixed for next update!
[DOUBLEPOST=1457361372][/DOUBLEPOST] Dropped from mudmen. Not the highest chance either...
Oh i see. Well thanks for your response. Atleast i know what causes it now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457623964][/DOUBLEPOST]
Doublepost: So after minig with the Drill Mount, I've only got 20 smooth coal and 230+ thorium. Bloody 20. Fix it. That's way too low chance to spawn it.
EDIT: I got the Bulldozer achievement while mining. I had only very small progress on it in steam, now it's full.
I agree. The smooth coal spawning is EXTREMELY low. And when compared to what tier stuff you can make with it, by the time you get enough for the set or for some tools you will either be in hard mode or get something much better either way.

Oh i see. Well thanks for your response. Atleast i know what causes it now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457623964][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree. The smooth coal spawning is EXTREMELY low. And when compared to what tier stuff you can make with it, by the time you get enough for the set or for some tools you will either be in hard mode or get something much better either way.
You can probably get past moonlord without realizing that the smooth coal exists, and you either get it just for vanity or to test it out.

You can probably get past moonlord without realizing that the smooth coal exists, and you either get it just for vanity or to test it out.

I already played the 1.2 version and it had the same problem. So I already knew it existed.

Problem is that it was super useless.

Back
Top Bottom