tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I think I found a bug. When you place a modded armor on an armor stand and you take it back, the lower part gets turned into a random lower armor part. Like, if you place the icy trousers and mine them, you get Illuminite trousers.
That's a longstanding issue with tModLoader itself, not any one specific mod. Vanilla display tiles like item frames, weapon racks and armor stands/mannequins don't play well with modded items.

The weirdest thing just happened,
I went to put my Didgeridoo in a weapon rack and the weapon racks texture messed up.
So i go to take the Didgeridoo out of the weapon rack and it breaks and i get a carrot
I tried it again with my spare Didgeridoo (The afformentioned one dissapeared btw) and it just vanishes

The weirdest thing just happened,
I went to put my Didgeridoo in a weapon rack and the weapon racks texture messed up.
So i go to take the Didgeridoo out of the weapon rack and it breaks and i get a carrot
I tried it again with my spare Didgeridoo (The afformentioned one dissapeared btw) and it just vanishes

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

Dude, I literally just answered your question right above your post. Pay attention.

This is a longstanding issue with tModLoader itself that has thus far resisted all efforts at fixing. Putting modded items in item frames and other such display tiles, NO MATTER WHAT MOD THEY'RE FROM, IS A BAD IDEA for the very reason you're posting about. Just be glad that the .twld files for your world didn't get corrupted because of it.

How exactly are Suspicious Golden Keys supposed to work? Do I put it in the chest and it instantly spawns, do I have to wait a certain time, do I need to walk far enough away, what's the deal? It seems to just be a normal chest.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out that autopause just keeps it from spawning.

Last edited:
>GTX 1060 3GB V-Ram
>i7-7700HQ Quad Core 8 Threads, 2.6ghz hyper threaded to 3.4ghz
>16 GB System RAM
>Can't run a terraria mod solid 60fsp, drops to 10 fps for 30 seconds or so
Is this for real? I also have Calamity mod and Tremor remastered. My friend experiences it too, just less frequent (we are playing multiplayer). He has a GTX 970 and an i5 quad core. I have seen complaints about the other mods but they are just people getting 30fps, not dropping to as low as %15 of my average fps within milliseconds.

>GTX 1060 3GB V-Ram
>16 GB System RAM
Is this for real? I also have Calamity mod and Tremor remastered. My friend experiences it too, just less frequent (we are playing multiplayer). He has a GTX 970 and an i5 quad core. I have seen complaints about the other mods but they are just people getting 30fps, not dropping to as low as %15 of my average fps within milliseconds.
do you set the "frame skip" option on "video settings" to ON? because if the frame skip is off the game is forced to run at 30 fps (at slow speed).

Ah, I've noticed a slight issue recently. A couple of wings (untested with all of them, noticed with Champion's Wings and Terrarium Wings) have 1 frame of animation where whatever dye is applied to them does not show, instead showing the default colors.
Clearly, this is an aesthetic tragedy that cannot go unresolved.
...I jest, of course. I know it's certainly not a priority by any means.

On another hand, I recently finished my first ever Terraria playthrough- well, by that I mean the first one i've ever actually beaten the Moon Lord on, as a Thorium Thrower/Ninja, and I have a few suggestions and thoughts on the class' implementation:
-The Lich armor set bonus is cool and all, but it should really be an Ichor Coating instead. Coatings are already in the mod, but any hardmode ones are conspicuously missing. Granted, this may be for balance reasons, since Throwing can already be very powerful.

-Likewise, the Shade Master armor set bonus is... well, it's cool, basically a free Rod of Discord. Issue being that all the Shade weapons already do that, and you'll likely get them around the same time you get the armor, making the set bonus seem... Sort of redundant. There's also a very slight delay when using the set bonus before teleporting that makes it feel slightly unpleasant to use in comparison to the Rod of Discord.

-White Dwarf armor has worse stats aside from defense and possibly movement speed compared to the Shade Master set, which seems counterintuitive. Does the 0.05% health damage on crit set bonus help this? That doesn't honestly seem like a lot of damage, but I suppose it would stack up.

-The Plague Doctor stuff was a missed opportunity. The vials and stuff seem like a cool idea, but even once getting the Plague Doctor armor, I never even crafted one because all the other throwing items were so good, and then they were only used for that one brief while anyway, becoming outdated with no replacement by the time of the Lich.

-The Life Leech Coating (or whatever it was called) is not cancelled by the Moon Lord's Moon Bite. I am unsure if this is intentional.

-The Black Dagger's alt fire seems kind of pointless. The spread doesn't really do much compared to the sheer DPS the main attack can provide.

-While it was very fun, I also found it kiiind of overpowered. The Champion's God Hand is quite powerful, and its paralysis effect is amazing. The Borean Strider's throwing weapon has the same basically. The Rocket Fist can rack up insane DPS very fast despite being early Hardmode. With just those previous two weapons I pretty much shredded everything up to and including the Mech Bosses easily, beating two in one night. The Spark Taser(I think that was its name?) was even crazier DPS wise and took down Plantera in like a minute. The Black Dagger then went absolutely insane and after getting it to Unreal it shredded the Golem and Fishron in like 30 seconds each, tops. I checked and realized that with my setup of Shade Master armor, Ninja Emblem, Bone Glove, Guide to Expert Throwing III, and the Ninja Rack's buff, I was getting almost 3K DPS. upon making the Terrarium Ripple Knife and the Complete Set that very quickly rose to nearly 9K, and I proceeded to beat the Moon Lord in like a minute from beginning to end (with a lot of buff potions admittedly). I farmed him a few times, made White Dwarf Armor, and basically killed Ragnarok (non-Expert) in 2 minutes.

Which brings me to a few more things...

-I am unsure what the point of the Plague Lord's Flask is. It honestly seems like a sidegrade to a lot of other Throwing accessories. As an endgame accessory it feels a bit underwhelming, and I felt it wasn't a good replacement for anything I was using. (Ended up getting rid of the Master Ninja Gear as Terrarium Particle Sprinters and Terrarium Wings made me fast enough to dodge pretty decently as-is)

-The endgame Aquatic... something or other armor, Throwing Set with the Crown, seems a bit lackluster honestly. While its stats are obviously the best, the set bonus seems to generate the actual sphere things that give you the mini crits so slowly compared to endgame throwing weapon use that it doesn't really have a huge effect as far as I can tell.

Oh, and on a multiplayer world, I've been playing a Summoner and I have to ask, why is it that seemingly none of the Summoning weapons from Thorium allow me to summon at my mouse cursor like in Vanilla? Instead, they just spawn on top of you. This was like one of the main draws of Summoning, but I understand the attacking through walls could be considered quite OP. Another issue is that, again unlike in Vanilla, you can only seem to resummon the last summon, not all of them, which makes getting your summons unstuck from terrain incredibly annoying.

And one more suggestion: It would be nice if the Time Turner had a tooltip telling you what time it would switch to. Or maybe if it just worked like the Enchanted Sundial, using mana and "fast forwarding" constantly as it's held down.

And one more "issue" is that the Theseus' Thread seems to like to teleport you a few blocks into the ground in the Dungeon. The game mechanics make you get pushed out within a few seconds but it's still a bit odd.
Oh also, I'm not sure why the Theseus' Thread doesn't work in multiplayer. In the Large World we're playing on, that was quite annoying to recall... after I'd purchased it, not even paying attention to the tooltip, after having previously known in a Singleplayer world. Why is that, just out of curiosity?

And, ah, one last question before I finally end this wall of text:
What's the deal with Lodestone and Valadium? I understand the idea behind them, but it bothers me that there's no Mage equivalent, as Lodestone is Melee-focused and Valadium Ranged-focused. Likewise with Illumite later on, I don't understand the random addition of a single class' armor but no similar tier equivalents for other classes.

Apologies if I seem overly critical and questioning. This has just been my first time playing Terraria modded and it can be somewhat overwhelming and a bit confusing at times, and given I've pretty certainly chosen Thorium as my sole "Major Content Mod Of Choice", I'd love to understand more of the reasoning for a lot of the additions and seemingly random or out-of-place content.

It was the aquatic depths world gen. Isn't there a way to restrict how close the depths can be to the surface?
aquatic depths is "always" generated on the jungle side of your world under the beach......so, how close the jungle is generated are very random each time you make a world (world gen can sometimes put the jungle very close or far to the beach ,unless you want to enable the mod "world gen preview" to see how the world its created and see if you want it or not that world).

Last edited:
>GTX 1060 3GB V-Ram
>16 GB System RAM
Terraria only utilizes 1 core for just about everything (except for multicore lighting of course), so even with a top-end CPU, it's only gonna use 10%-20% of it. Terraria runs at worst when playing heavily modded multiplayer, so the person who is hosting will almost always have a terrible framerate, which is a main turnoff for when I play mods with friends. I had the same issue, luckily my friend had a server-grade CPU which is has less cores, but much more ghz per core, though they cost thousands. If the framerate must be fixed, you're gonna need to overclock 1 core and underclock the rest (though I've heard it's a pain to do).

Sadly, this performance issue will never be fixed in the future for Terraria, as to do so would require WAY too much effort into fixing their engine. So, all we can do is wait for relogic's next game.

For some reason the quests to go hunt down creatures and bosses is only repeating the cactus worm boss one over and over...

Last edited:
Just curious about something. As a Healer, when you equip certain Armor & Accesories it says that it "corrupts your raidant powers". Is that suppose to mean that you cannot heal allies or something? o_O

Back
Top Bottom