tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I can't seem to forge lodestone or valadium bars at a titanium/adamantite forge. Is this just a bug or is there something else I should be doing?

All Armor Sets Items Map
-Click here for a download-
Kind of a work in progress, but this little map has most armor sets available to you, though a immense amount of items are missing. I have to leave some surprises after all!

How do you use the world?

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I can't seem to forge lodestone or valadium bars at a titanium/adamantite forge. Is this just a bug or is there something else I should be doing?

Update: you can make them using the Guide's Final Gift, apparently. but seeing how that's end-game stuff kinda pointless.

I tried this mod out awhile back and had numerous issues with it:
-For starters, any resolution setting above the minimum 800x600 causes a massive slow-down, making the game nearly unplayable. (re-tested in on a small world with nothing on it and it still lags.)
-Second, the mod-specific stuff like ore gen and items are almost nonexistent. Took me awhile to get to EoC and beat him with the slow-mo gameplay (which ironically made it easier to kill), and the only stuff mod related I had by that point were some magic stuff I discovered by accident while crafting.
-I see a ton of enemies on the OP and in the example video, but I haven't seen anything asside from vanilla enemies.

I reinstalled the mod with my unmodded backup Terraria and the same issues persist. I wasn't sure what to do about it so I junked it and went on to different mods. I came back to it because it seems to be one of the most popular mods and it looks like a lot of fun....

Reinstalled it today with a fresh Terraria install and fresh tModLoader install.... Same issues still :merchantcry:I've fiddled with settings and nothing helps. I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point and I would GREATLY appreciate any help. And thanks for reading all this.

Update: you can make them using the Guide's Final Gift, apparently. but seeing how that's end-game stuff kinda pointless.

Well, I don't know myself, but if GFG works, and Titanium/Adamantite Forge doesn't, then it sounds like you've got the wrong crafting station. Maybe use a cheat world to space out all the crafting stations and stand by each in turn until you find which one works? I mean, I know it's not ideal, but it could help to identify if it's an error in the mod or not (like, if it works at some silly location it's bugged, or if it only works at the GFG then it's looking for some specific arrangement of crafting stations).

I want to report a bug. Beholder staff(minion) when I try to summon it doesn't summon, but when I have a item or a buff that increases my minion max number it appears.

Yep sorry about that, you'll need a mythril anvil, currently, to make them.
Next update will require a Hellforge...
[doublepost=1465832196,1465831989][/doublepost]
Hey @DivermanSam the current content could explain the Ded of each armor and you should update the donator items section
The Ded? You mean like its primary purpose?

Im guessing having a progresion of the status magic items is no go?
I cant see an entire class being based around status effects... It would be cool if I could make a literal hex spell that turns enemies into frogs and stuff, but I'll have to investigate that further...

Sam will you be eventually adding in the snow enemies from the tapi version?
I dont think so... They were all reskins to be honest. I'll have to come up with some unique stuff first.

All Armor Sets Items Map
-Click here for a download-
Kind of a work in progress, but this little map has most armor sets available to you, though a immense amount of items are missing. I have to leave some surprises after all!

How do you use the world?
@BenCph, To use the world, download the file and open it. Inside you'll find four files. Navigate to Documents/my games/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds and drag those files into there. Upon relaunching the game, you should be all set.

Last edited:
Yep sorry about that, you'll need a mythril anvil, currently, to make them.
Next update will require a Hellforge...
[doublepost=1465832196,1465831989][/doublepost] The Ded? You mean like its primary purpose?

I cant see an entire class being based around status effects... It would be cool if I could make a literal hex spell that turns enemies into frogs and stuff, but I'll have to investigate that further...

I dont think so... They were all reskins to be honest. I'll have to come up with some unique stuff first.

@BenCph, To use the world, download the file and open it. Inside you'll find four files. Navigate to Documents/my games/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds and drag those files into there. Upon relaunching the game, you should be all set.
I ment defence my phone used auto spell ;c

I kinda liked the looks of the howling wind and mother spider for the snow biome, and I don't think those two were reskins, were they? In any case, if you need ideas...

• Yuki-onna; Snow-teleporting caster that appears during blizzards. Uses a version of the blizzard spell.
  • Tsurara-onna; Hardmode version of Yuki-onna. Launches a short barrage of damaging icicles.
  • Yeti; Big furry monster with a charger-type AI (like antlions and minotaurs).
  • Troll; Function like armed zombies, but shorter and wider. Carry massive clubs, though.
  • Wendigo; Functions like a Nymph, but when "killed" enters a spirit form (like Dungeon Spirits).
  • Amarok; A big, badass wolf. (This one might work better as a boss/miniboss.)

Last edited:
Well I posted em all on the previous page and everyone just blew right on past em.
It could be because we don't know. It could be that it was a pretty vague question...and kind of sounded more like a backhanded insult. Being polite and going into more detail will help. Being impatient and passive-aggressive won't...believe me, I know this from experience.

Decided to try building with Thorium Bricks. Turns out that the sprites don't quite match up when you connect single and double-thick pieces. Also the hammered bits look...off, somehow. Here's a picture to try to illustrate what I mean.

View attachment 117110
  1. I don't see anything problematic with it.
  2. Making block have it is own limitation, even if I could sprite block like gemSpark Blocks or Crystal Block. (Better that in the MineCraft, making those blocks must be really a piece of the cake)
  3. Slopped blocks are not sprited + coded, but only coded. You can't exactly sprite how slopped blocks will look like.
I kinda liked the looks of the howling wind and mother spider for the snow biome, and I don't think those two were reskins, were they? In any case, if you need ideas...

• Yuki-onna; Snow-teleporting caster that appears during blizzards. Uses a version of the blizzard spell.
  • Tsurara-onna; Hardmode version of Yuki-onna. Launches a short barrage of damaging icicles.
  • Yeti; Big furry monster with a charger-type AI (like antlions and minotaurs).
  • Troll; Function like armed zombies, but shorter and wider. Carry massive clubs, though.
  • Wendigo; Functions like a Nymph, but when "killed" enters a spirit form (like Dungeon Spirits).
  • Amarok; A big, badass wolf. (This one might work better as a boss/miniboss.)
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Yeti

I don't see anything problematic with it.

Look again. I'm not sure if the single block sprite is too thin or the textures get stretched when stacked, but the bottom edges don't line up. The thorium bricks that don't have a block under them stripe "Golden, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Golden", but the ones with a block under them have an extra band, making it "Golden, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Golden". ...come to think of it, it's probably that extra layer that makes the slopes look off as well, since they're only using a three-layer Light-Dark-Gold, which probably helps create an optical illusion that it's too thin (or it's based off the Single thickness, and the Single really is sprited too thin.

Huh. Somehow I've never run into one.

Back
Top Bottom