tModLoader The Thorium Mod

It could be because we don't know. It could be that it was a pretty vague question...and kind of sounded more like a backhanded insult. Being polite and going into more detail will help. Being impatient and passive-aggressive won't...believe me, I know this from experience.

Pardon me, but I'm not insulting anybody here. I'm not being impatient either; when I see multiple posts after mine that aren't related to mine, I'm going to assume that it got ignored (I'm sorry if that sounds stuck-up, I can't think of another way to word it).
As for my questions, I listed them off clearly. They might seem vague, but the fact is they're pretty major issues in general i.e they cover a large area.
If nobody has any idea that's fine, but at least say so. And somebody did, so everything is fine here.

Pardon me, but I'm not insulting anybody here. I'm not being impatient either; when I see multiple posts after mine that aren't related to mine, I'm going to assume that it got ignored (I'm sorry if that sounds stuck-up, I can't think of another way to word it).
Not everyone is on all the time (yeah, I know, duh) and it takes time to investigate issues.

As for my questions, I listed them off clearly. They might seem vague, but the fact is they're pretty major issues in general i.e they cover a large area.
If nobody has any idea that's fine, but at least say so. And somebody did, so everything is fine here.
Alright then, here's some general and untested feedback you can have immediately based upon first impressions;

Most of those sound like hardware-specific issues, and/or unsuccessful installation. Ore gen could also be because of world size. The larger your world, the farther down and the more scarce ore will be (this may or may not be considered a bug or balancing issue - it has been brought to the author's attention). As for not finding mod items, try using the Guide more. Assuming that the mod is correctly installed, a lot of items are crafted.

Eh maybe I'm too patient but I can wait a whole day for an answer, since I know ppl are busy (including me). Though Kefke is correct those definitely sounds like some installation/hardware problems.

Haven't seen any of those issues b4 on my end.

FPS lag is most definitely a hardware issue. Slowdown only occurs when your processor is struggling to load things and, well, process them. It's buttery smooth on my machine, but that doesn't mean it will be on everyone's.

I cant see an entire class being based around status effects... It would be cool if I could make a literal hex spell that turns enemies into frogs and stuff, but I'll have to investigate that further...

Well... how about...

I'll start with the obvious, Hexer class is dificult because most enemies and bosses are inmune to most debuffs.

An easy fix would be to create armors or a progressive accesory which directly affects the debuff inflicted.

Example:
Poison > Enhanced Poison

Due to being a different debuff entirely, enemies who would usually be inmune to the debuff no longer are inmune. This can be further compounded by giving the more advanced versions of debuffs additional effect. For example having poison deal 2dpf instead of 1dpf and having Broken Armor lower defense a bit further.

In order to ensure that enemies arent afflicted by multiple levels of the same debuff, you can also have the more advanced debuffs grant inmunity to thr lower grade debuffs.

Ex:
Enhanced Poison grants Poison Inmunity
Lethal Poison grants inmunity to Poison and Enhanced Poison.

The progression of debuffs with grades can be divided in the following: increased Effect, Duration, chance of affliction. These allows a total of four ranks if you include the basic debuff. More, if you decide to upgrade the effect or duration twice.

To make progression more stable, the accesory/armors that enhance debuffs could be limited in an easy way.
For example:
1- only enhances some basic debuffs to rank 2
2- enhances some to rank 3 and a few new ones to rank 2
3- enhances some to 4 and 3 and a few new ones to 2
4- repeat

In order to help the Hexer do something other than give debuffs, there can be a set of magic weapons with incredibly low damage value (10 at highest) but which multiples by the number of debuffs on the target.

Finally, if a multiplayer environment is considered (and debuffs are reprogrammed to affect enemy players) you can make antidotes and vaccines that grant inmunity to debuffs of a certain rank or lower for a duration of time, but triggering Potion Sickness afterwards.

Armors could have lower defense than magic armors, no magic damage or mana consumption bonuses, but have the previously stated effect of status damage enhancement and maybe an increased chance to apply debuffs. Armor set names could include:
Hexer Armor
Voodoo Armor
Sacrilege Armor
Witching Armor
Halfling Armor
(Demon) Worshiper Armor
Cultist? Armor
Tartarus Armor

Making proper use of most debuffs in the game would ensure a slew and variety of weapons to choose from. Combination of several of them can act like the Amber Augmenyed Magik Stick and inflict a group of statuses. Two major groups could be: reduced stat debuff and dpf debuffs.

Limiting to only debuffs present in the game isnt necesary either
allowing for quite a bit of creativity regarding this class's potential.

Ok, wrote a bit TOO much here...

I found out something about the Terrarium Pickaxes/Drills.

They cannot drill through Lihzahrd Blocks, though with an earlier update, the Lunatic Cultist, a post-Golem boss, is needed to craft them. I think it would be fair to buff both of them to mine all blocks.

I found out something about the Terrarium Pickaxes/Drills.

They cannot drill through Lihzahrd Blocks, though with an earlier update, the Lunatic Cultist, a post-Golem boss, is needed to craft them. I think it would be fair to buff both of them to mine all blocks.

it only has 200 pickaxe ower just use a picksaw or any thing equally strong the pickaxes like terrarium are just super fast

Class types are a bad idea 9 times out of 10. Just throwing that out there, almost any idea that can be thought up fits within the big 4 pretty well, the only reason thrower is different from Range is because consumables early game favored people to being rangers even more than they already had a right to.

Healer is okay because if you made it just magic damage stuff then you'd have a support subclass that also has immense destructive power.

But there's no reason whatsoever a status effect oriented character couldn't just just magic weapons and ammo types to do what they want to do.

Other than being limited on the small amount of debuffs players can actually inflict, the very limited methods of infliting debuffs, the inmunity of many enemies and most bosses to most debuffs you CAN inflict.

A class specialized on debuffs would in essense be a counterpart to the Healer as both play support. One affecting allies, the other foes.

Besides, there's a multitude of class specializations in the original three classes. Rangers have Archers, Gunners and technically Rocketeers... Warriors have Swordsmen, Lancers, Yoyoers, Knights, etc...

Mages could easily have Wizards, Healers and Hexers.

I prefer healers being their own separate class. It makes them unique and allows them to play a unique role in multiplayer scenarios.

I tried this mod out awhile back and had numerous issues with it:
-For starters, any resolution setting above the minimum 800x600 causes a massive slow-down, making the game nearly unplayable. (re-tested in on a small world with nothing on it and it still lags.)
-Second, the mod-specific stuff like ore gen and items are almost nonexistent. Took me awhile to get to EoC and beat him with the slow-mo gameplay (which ironically made it easier to kill), and the only stuff mod related I had by that point were some magic stuff I discovered by accident while crafting.
-I see a ton of enemies on the OP and in the example video, but I haven't seen anything asside from vanilla enemies.

I reinstalled the mod with my unmodded backup Terraria and the same issues persist. I wasn't sure what to do about it so I junked it and went on to different mods. I came back to it because it seems to be one of the most popular mods and it looks like a lot of fun....
Reinstalled it today with a fresh Terraria install and fresh tModLoader install.... Same issues still :merchantcry:I've fiddled with settings and nothing helps. I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point and I would GREATLY appreciate any help. And thanks for reading all this.
the bug with your terraria slowing down is either because your computer is not good enough or because your not giving it a priority. use ctrl + alt + delete and go to the worklist? (dont know if that is actually what is is in english. its the bottom one) then go to details and terraria (your terraria tmodloader need to be open) press the priority and set it to high or very high (dont do real time it makes it worse)
hope that helps, although i cannot help you if it is your computer which sets the limit.

i found out that nuclear fury does not work in multiplayer,projectiles deal no damage to enemies.
Annnd the white knight armor when equipped the full set,other players see the person with the frozen debuff
not a coder but i hope that helps :D
EDIT:i realized that demon blood and dread sets have a unique accessory, so why not add one for harbinger and berserker ?

Last edited:
I just noticed that the Stardust Dragon Staff is still better than the Ember Staff. I could barely beat the Moonlord with the Ember Staff , but the Stardust Dragon Staff REKT him using the same gear (Ragnarok gear to be exact).

I know you will be improving the Ragnarok stuff, just want to share what I found out :).

Back
Top Bottom