tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Alright, so the biggest argument against my Arkhalis comment seems to be that it doesn't show up in all worlds. However, that's not entirely true. The object to spawn it does appear in all worlds (and not just in the shrines, by the by). While you could argue that this is an exploit, it's entirely possible to find a "real" sword stone, set your spawn, and take advantage of scumming techniques (close out the game through task manager and reload) until you get it. Is this extra work? Yes. That's the point. Progression is ultimately going to be based part on what you have, and part on what your skills are. Getting a Feather Foe still requires being able to fight harpies, and to beat a boss, and make a house.

In any case, though, all of this gets away from the point. Is the Feather Foe a pre-hardmode weapon? Yes. It's balanced against other weapons available before hardmode, and weaker than the tiers that come after. That's the original question answered. Beyond that, the question is just should there be some kind of additional gating mechanic added, and if so, what? I have no problem with it being gated to post-Skeletron, personally. My question would be in what way, though? Bones don't seem like a fitting crafting ingredient, but the sky chests aren't really good enough as-is to be locked. I'm not sure what else could be added, so of the two, my preference is to give Skyware loot a buff, and replace the chests with locked versions, using the Sky Mill (or something made there) as a crafting requirement. Another option, though, might be to make the Avian Cartilage another thing that needs Skeletron defeated to drop, like the granite and marble biome drops.

The object to spawn it does appear in all worlds (and not just in the shrines, by the by).
Wrong. I even checked with a map viewer, there were absolutely none in almost every Small world I made, and little to none in every Large world I made.

I'm not sure what else could be added, so of the two, my preference is to give Skyware loot a buff, and replace the chests with locked versions, using the Sky Mill (or something made there) as a crafting requirement.
I don't think making vanilla edits in a huge content mod would be the best idea. This is not what should be done in a content mod, because people, like myself may become a bit averse to this mod, wanting all the content that is added but not the changes to the vanilla game. I think the option you listed last is the best way of balancing.

Wrong. I even checked with a map viewer, there were absolutely none in almost every Small world I made, and little to none in every Large world I made.
Actually you can find random sword shrine piles underground sometimes. So if you go spelunking you might come across a couple more chances.

Its sad to say, but progress will finally start slowing down from here on out... I appreciate the continued support everyone!

V1.2.8.1 Changes
Lich and Ragnarok in multiplayer
- The Lich and Ragnarok encounter SHOULD work in mutliplayer now, please tell me immediately if they do not!
New Enemies and Banners
- In total, more than 10 new enemies have been added to the mod. Beware the Snow, Crimson and Corruption biomes!
Boss improvements
- Bosses change their attacks based off of % health now and receive bonus health based on the amount of players present
Celestial Healing Set
- Made from luminite and celestial pillar fragments, your heals will be super charged
Ragnarok equipment improvement
- A couple tweaks have been made the to the Ragnarok's equipment, namely the Seven seas devastator, Ember staff and Pyromancers Cowl
Donator Items
- A couple of fun little donator items have been added to the mod like the Shadowflare bow, Strange Skull, Spearmint, etc.
Healer items in Multiplayer
- Have been largely fixed, view the bug fixes section to see all thats changed
Scattered content
- Some fun new items are hiding around the mod like the Zapper, Amber ring, Hex wand and Desecrated Heart
Hotkey Bindings
- Two new keys can be binded in the controls menu, Special Ability and Shade Gate. These activate items like the Liches Gaze, Tide Turners set bonus and shadow dance teleport.
New Effects
- Items like the Cobbler's Boots & Healthy Boots have received new, useful effects. Various weapons have also received new changes.
Tweaks / Nerfs / Buffs
- As always, somethings have received nerfs and buffs to make them more fair in use
Unfortunate Bugs
- You can see them in the bug fixes menu, but a solution was never found for these issues, despite hours of work...

Bug fixes / Other Changes
Holy Aegis, Terrarium Defender & Ancient Aegis now work in multiplayer (Finished)
The Holy staff now works properly in multiplayer (Finished)
Applying debuffs now works in multiplayer (Finished)
Terrarium items don't have the Expert mislabel anymore... again (Finished)
The Liches Gaze, Tide turner set bonus and Shade Master's Teleport can now be assigned to a key (Finished)
The Liches Gaze, Tide turner set bonus and Shade Master's Teleport now work on Mac (Finished)
Ancient Tome of Revival can now properly grant allies the Rebirth buff (Finished)
The Healing classes Aura Staves now properly buff allies under the casters cursor (Finished)
Shade Master's teleport wont teleport other players in multiplayer anymore (Finished)
The cloud visual on the Bellarose now only appears while falling (Finished)
Large World ore generation corrections (Finished)
Plague Doctor items in multiplayer (No feasible Solution)
Visible harpoon chains on certain weapons (No feasible Solution)
Making the Giga Shrooms and Bubbles stop appearing (No feasible Solution)

Its sad to say, but progress will finally start slowing down from here on out... I appreciate the continued support everyone!

V1.2.8.1 Changes
Lich and Ragnarok in multiplayer
- The Lich and Ragnarok encounter SHOULD work in mutliplayer now, please tell me immediately if they do not!
New Enemies and Banners
- In total, more than 10 new enemies have been added to the mod. Beware the Snow, Crimson and Corruption biomes!
Boss improvements
- Bosses change their attacks based off of % health now and receive bonus health based on the amount of players present
Celestial Healing Set
- Made from luminite and celestial pillar fragments, your heals will be super charged
Ragnarok equipment improvement
- A couple tweaks have been made the to the Ragnarok's equipment, namely the Seven seas devastator, Ember staff and Pyromancers Cowl
Donator Items
- A couple of fun little donator items have been added to the mod like the Shadowflare bow, Strange Skull, Spearmint, etc.
Healer items in Multiplayer
- Have been largely fixed, view the bug fixes section to see all thats changed
Scattered content
- Some fun new items are hiding around the mod like the Zapper, Amber ring, Hex wand and Desecrated Heart
Hotkey Bindings
- Two new keys can be binded in the controls menu, Special Ability and Shade Gate. These activate items like the Liches Gaze, Tide Turners set bonus and shadow dance teleport.
New Effects
- Items like the Cobbler's Boots & Healthy Boots have received new, useful effects. Various weapons have also received new changes.
Tweaks / Nerfs / Buffs
- As always, somethings have received nerfs and buffs to make them more fair in use
Unfortunate Bugs
- You can see them in the bug fixes menu, but a solution was never found for these issues, despite hours of work...

Bug fixes / Other Changes
Holy Aegis, Terrarium Defender & Ancient Aegis now work in multiplayer (Finished)
The Holy staff now works properly in multiplayer (Finished)
Applying debuffs now works in multiplayer (Finished)
Terrarium items don't have the Expert mislabel anymore... again (Finished)
The Liches Gaze, Tide turner set bonus and Shade Master's Teleport can now be assigned to a key (Finished)
The Liches Gaze, Tide turner set bonus and Shade Master's Teleport now work on Mac (Finished)
Ancient Tome of Revival can now properly grant allies the Rebirth buff (Finished)
The Healing classes Aura Staves now properly buff allies under the casters cursor (Finished)
Shade Master's teleport wont teleport other players in multiplayer anymore (Finished)
The cloud visual on the Bellarose now only appears while falling (Finished)
Large World ore generation corrections (Finished)
Plague Doctor items in multiplayer (No feasible Solution)
Visible harpoon chains on certain weapons (No feasible Solution)
Making the Giga Shrooms and Bubbles stop appearing (No feasible Solution)

What is the issue exactly that is happening with the plague doctor items ;-;?

What is the issue exactly that is happening with the plague doctor items ;-;?
Its quite the issue... When a reaction occurs in multiplayer (Gas is present and combust/nitrogen/corrosion go off) The server will desync, breaking the server and overwhelming all computers present with millions of kilobytes of memory consumption... Me and a far superior coder worked for nearly 8 hours yesterday trying to figure out the issue or resolve the problem, but a solution was never found.

Its quite the issue... When a reaction occurs in multiplayer (Gas is present and combust/nitrogen/corrosion go off) The server will desync, breaking the server and overwhelming all computers present with millions of kilobytes of memory consumption... Me and a far superior coder worked for nearly 8 hours yesterday trying to figure out the issue or resolve the problem, but a solution was never found.
O-oh. Well that uh...that sucks. Me and my brother are doing a duo playthrough and he's a thrower. We're about to kill the Wall and prep for getting him that set. Would this have any effect on host and play on the same IP?

O-oh. Well that uh...that sucks. Me and my brother are doing a duo playthrough and he's a thrower. We're about to kill the Wall and prep for getting him that set. Would this have any effect on host and play on the same IP?
I'm unsure about same IP scenarios, but you can test it out. I'm willing to bet it will still desync though, so get ready to end Terraria through the Task manager.

I'm unsure about same IP scenarios, but you can test it out. I'm willing to bet it will still desync though, so get ready to end Terraria through the Task manager.
Well. Tested it out. They work but uh...yeah it desynched us both despite being there still. Then eventually the server timed out. Thats a bummer since that weapon is so cool but the Plague Doctor outfit still works right?

Well. Tested it out. They work but uh...yeah it desynched us both despite being there still. Then eventually the server timed out. Thats a bummer since that weapon is so cool but the Plague Doctor outfit still works right?
Yeah, the armor and any other vial besides the gas one work fine.

Is the issue with debuffs fixed? (I'm not sure if that is a tmodloader bug or a mod bug, I would like to know either way, if it now works on this version of the mod / new tmodloader version)

I missed it then, my bad, but thank you.

Cultists and Ragnarok only drop a single bag on Multiplayer, not sure if intended or not, probably not as other bosses drop 1 per player + random drops.

Edit: Also, Ragnarok is pretty trivial in MP, it can be farmed with pre Ragnarok gear pretty easily, It probably shouldn't be until the player is in full post Ragnarok gear.

Edit 2: Debuffs are still bugged. They deal only 1 damage per tick, most Ragnarok weapons are dealing pretty much no damage because of this, same for Terrarium gear.

Last edited:
*Minor complaint alert* The cold variants of crimson enemies sometimes drop rotten flesh. I think it was the coldling that dropped it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom