tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Not sure if it's been stated before but, some mobs don't have the kill count for them like the ants and ents in the jungle biome (MP)

Hello! I've been playing this mod for a few weeks now, and so far it's awesome.

There are a couple things though, namely summoner balance (saw you guys talking about it above), but I don't think anyone mentioned how overpowered the Draconic Magma Staff and the Feral-Fur set is. As soon as I equipped those, I was killing everything (including all bosses) with ease. Speaking of summoner pets, the others all feel super weak, I think mostly because they miss 90% of their attacks.
[doublepost=1471633646,1471633550][/doublepost]
How do you make a grand flare gun?
If you go to the first page of this thread and click the spoiler at the top, you can use control+f and search "Grand Flare Gun"
I think the recipe is antlion mandibles and iron, though.

Hello! I've been playing this mod for a few weeks now, and so far it's awesome.

There are a couple things though, namely summoner balance (saw you guys talking about it above), but I don't think anyone mentioned how overpowered the Draconic Magma Staff and the Feral-Fur set is. As soon as I equipped those, I was killing everything (including all bosses) with ease. Speaking of summoner pets, the others all feel super weak, I think mostly because they miss 90% of their attacks.
[doublepost=1471633646,1471633550][/doublepost]
If you go to the first page of this thread and click the spoiler at the top, you can use control+f and search "Grand Flare Gun"
I think the recipe is antlion mandibles and iron, though.

The Feral-Fur set is a donation set so u can kinda ignore it in terms of balance if it is desired to be that way.

As for the Dragonic Magma Staff yes its fairly strong for what it does. but is still fairly balanced in terms with the games minion progression (Being quickly replaced by the optic staff, but perfect for helping you get there).

If anything its the minion count you can get through stacking certain accessories very early in the game that would make them seem too strong. Also I haven't had any issues with minions missing attacks at their appropriate boss lvls. (Of course earlier game minions have too slow of a projectile speed for later bosses)

Last edited:
The Feral-Fur set is a donation set so u can kinda ignore it in terms of balance if it is desired to be that way.

As for the Dragonic Magma Staff yes its fairly strong for what it does. but is still fairly balanced in terms with the games minion progression (Being quickly replaced by the optic staff, but perfect for helping you get there).

If anything its the minion count you can get through stacking certain accessories very early in the game that would make them seem too strong. Also I haven't had any issues with minions missing attacks at their appropriate boss lvls. (Of course earlier game minions have too slow of a projectile speed for later bosses)

I balance donation items, even at the risk of backlash from the community. With donation items, i cannot rework them, but i can balance them for sure.

I'm doing my 100% sure summoner playthrough on Thorium right now, so i'll more than likely be taking a look at everything summoner related.

Please keep in mind, minions are strong in any hybrid playthrough. I mean REALLY strong.

I balance donation items, even at the risk of backlash from the community. With donation items, i cannot rework them, but i can balance them for sure.

I'm doing my 100% sure summoner playthrough on Thorium right now, so i'll more than likely be taking a look at everything summoner related.

Please keep in mind, minions are strong in any hybrid playthrough. I mean REALLY strong.

Agreed, hybrid playthrough makes them way too good lol

I like the idea of balancing the donator items as opposed to how it was before. (Hope mine qualifies as balanced, we'll see :p)

Agreed, hybrid playthrough makes them way too good lol

I like the idea of balancing the donator items as opposed to how it was before. (Hope mine qualifies as balanced, we'll see :p)

We'll see :)

Pure Occultist playthrough is what ive always prefered in terraria all of the unique challenges, the difficulty spikes are all in the right place. The issue is cultist is 100% a joke dies in roughly 12 seconds to a summoner.

What is your donor item? Mind PMing your concept to me?

LMAO yes cultist is the easiest boss by far in a summoner playthrough >.<

I have a kind of obsession with only doing summoner only playthroughs for some reason ever since it came out haha. Like 90% of the time that's usually what I'm playing as.

LMAO yes cultist is the easiest boss by far in a summoner playthrough >.<

I have a kind of obsession with only doing summoner only playthroughs for some reason ever since it came out haha. Like 90% of the time that's usually what I'm playing as.

Thats all i really enjoy doing, WoF is such a LONG fight as pure summoner.

Tfw you barely make it out alive b4 hitting the edge of the world when you built from pretty much the middle of the map, finding yourself inside the loot box. :eek:

Luckily Imps shoto when they are cast, so you can use mana potions and just chug them
and spam for extra damage.

But yeah, its a long long long fight XD

What makes me salty af, is when im trying to fight Skeletron with tight restrictions, and i have to do it with a :red:ing bloodmoon every night (really bad string of RNG it's been 7 bloodmoons in a row)

Oh yeah, i cant use an arena for Skeletron (and cant use hook)

Last edited:
Luckily Imps shoto when they are cast, so you can use mana potions and just chug them
and spam for extra damage.

But yeah, its a long long long fight XD

What makes me salty af, is when im trying to fight Skeletron with tight restrictions, and i have to do it with a :red:ing bloodmoon every night (really bad string of RNG it's been 7 bloodmoons in a row)

Oh yeah, I cant use an arena for Skeletron (and cant use hook)

Haha I know that feel, i once got a blood moon>eclipse>invasion>blood moon>invasion again back when the scout was buggy and spawning way too much lol

Still most difficult bosses for me during a summoner playthrough have been the Queen Bee in expert mode, she irritates me so :mad:

Haha I know that feel, i once got a blood moon>eclipse>invasion>blood moon>invasion again back when the scout was buggy and spawning way too much lol

Still most difficult bosses for me during a summoner playthrough have been the Queen Bee in expert mode, she irritates me so :mad:
I've found that the queen bee is actually easier to fight inside of the natural spawning hives, due to the fact that she can never hit you with her stingers (They don't pass through blocks)

dd

She is easier to fight outside.

Easier movement, everything else is ezpz to dodge.

I mean i fight her with imps so she isnt an issue for me at all. I find skeletron to be the hardest boss (WoF is easy af, just really long and really sketchy)

Am I like the only person ever that never uses hooks? I'm too lazy to press another key and just rely on boots/bottle jumps for all my mobility. Oh yeah, Frog Leg is a must for me as well.

depends on the class for me, but hook is best suited for skeletron after that i generally dont use it except for rare situations

dd

She is easier to fight outside.

Easier movement, everything else is ezpz to dodge.

I mean i fight her with imps so she isnt an issue for me at all. I find skeletron to be the hardest boss (WoF is easy af, just really long and really sketchy)

depends on the class for me, but hook is best suited for skeletron after that i generally dont use it except for rare situations

I tend to fight her b4 imps haha try to do things in order, she is a lot easier with imps :)

lol the days when I fought her with only slimes ;( nvr again...

Back
Top Bottom