tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I guess you understand my plight a little better than most people, huh? Most of my items I try to deviate away from vanilla effects as much as possible, but it can get difficult with my limited knowledge... I still try my best though! I'm gonna try and make your gatling gun idea, cause I personally love those.

I guess you understand my plight a little better than most people, huh? Most of my items I try to deviate away from vanilla effects as much as possible, but it can get difficult with my limited knowledge... I still try my best though! I'm gonna try and make your gatling gun idea, cause I personally love those.

I liked @Chime idea where they have the bullet rain from the sky idea. shooting at the enemy or marking it and then the bullet just comes down from the sky. Ofc it would be useless underground unless the bullet worked like the starfury's star. Wherever your mouse is just have the bullet rain down from there. There could be a plasma shotgun variant. A bullet machine gun variant. (how original/s) and idk how many combinations you can make since most of the ideas seem plain :/ cri. yeah this is probably a useless idea but i tried to go off what that person said about bullet rain cause i liked the idea ;-;.

This is the first mod I've tried in Terraria and it's simply amazing! I'm really enjoying all of the new items and enemies! I have 2 (extremely minor) complaints, which did not affect my enjoyment value by any means. On some tooltips, like the pink sludge status effect, it says "Its" when it should say "It's". Again, extremely minor, sorry for being so picky. I also found a bug that involved hitting the queen bee while she was dashing with a paralyzing weapon, which froze her in place for the rest of the battle. Not sure if this is an easy fix or not, but I thought I would just let you know.

There's only so much I can do with such a boring style of weapon. Shoots a single projectile in a straight line, what am I supposed to do with that? Make it travel in bizarre patterns? Make it home in on enemies? Bullet types already do that. There isn't much I can do to guns besides make them shoot faster, do more damage or have auto reuse. If you have some UNIQUE ideas, I'm all ears. And no explosion bullets, that's rockets shtick!
We may not get any weapons which happen to have super-mega-unique-functions, but the guns we use throughout the game are just 7 when there are 21 guns in total. We need guns which are good to use, variety among them, not just those 7 that everyone uses. The others aren't useful, at all.
Chaingun, have you ever used it? Revolver? Gatligator? Red Ryder? It's becouse instead of the Chaingun we all stick with the Megashark which has the ammo saving functions, instead of the revolver we all prefer the Handcannon/Phoenix Blaster/Venus Magnum, instead of the Red Ryder we use the Sniper Rifle, even the Vortex Beater is absolutely useless as soon as you get the S.D.M.G, becouse it has lower damage and the exploding projectile isn't even that good. It's not that we require super-amazingly-unique weapons, we need those which are useful. Not just a pile of 7 guns, some of which you won't even get.
If you only wish to make Unique weapons, then you still haven't answered on my PM and I'll make some up right now.

"Double Trouble"
A Pistol that will both shoot bullets, and is a melee weapon. How does it work? When you swing it as melee, it acts like a shortsword but with decent range and somewhat damage, it'll also shoot in the direction of the cursor at the same time. Mostly, the weapon would be used to push enemies a lil' bit forward, or to just double-damage.

"Coin 1-15"
A shotgun that has a chance to consume 1 bullet, but to shoot either 1 or 15 projectiles with 7% chance to shoot out more than 1 projectile.
(may be useless, according to my own logc)
If you want more Unique designs, try googling stuff to maybe make up an idea for something. I get it, the modding is supposed to be used to add more unique content to the game, and make it more interesting, but then make the Gunslinger more interesting. Not just 7 weapons which everyone uses, becouse most people won't even use the hardmode ore guns. They already hang around with a decent weapon if they're at this state. Modding isn't always used to make super-mega-sparking-chocolate-flavored-unique content, it's also used to tweak stuff or add missing content - guns in this option. We don't use 14 guns out of all 21.
I'm not saying that Guns are unique, they just shoot a bullet in a straight line, yea, but nobody said it's bad. Nobody's complaining about it. It's sad how every mod ignores the existance of guns, somewhat forcing people to move from the Gunslinger class.
We don't need sparking guns which shoot out super-cats which explode in 3 more cats spreading rainbow everywhere, we need stuff that buffs up that dull number of 7 guns we use.

now i don't wanna brag or anything but this took me 20 minutes to write down

Hey. About that accesory from lich. I have a little idea. How about making it ALL incoming damage equal to 50? Weaker enemies will do more damage to you, but powerfull will do less damage. Just an idea.

Oh and about gun diversity, maybe a shotgun that shoots awfully slowly, but be very very powerfull? Oh and with each shot you will be knocked back slightly?
Another idea, also shotgun type. Weak, but shoots like clockwork assault riffle.

I can see that both ideas could be impossible to code, but maybe.. :)

On the subject of gun ideas, I have one- Right click to hold up to 4 bullets (The longer you hold these bullets the stronger they become.) press left click to fire all four in rapid succession for high amounts of damage albeit for a very slow fire rate. Maybe a handgun, maybe a rifle, you choose

Weighing in toward the topic of guns, you can possibly create a hardmode post-plantera weapon that resembles a thorny, cyan crossbow with a sword on it, called the "enchanted swordslinger"

The repeater itself fires at a use time of 24, has a velocity of 6, and does 75 damage, it consumes arrows as ammo - but it has a twist, the arrows it shoots turns into small swords that start spinning after reaching a distance, passing an enemy, or colliding with a wall. After it spins, it quickly dashes at an enemy in an attempt to damage them, if it hits them or misses them, it will spin and dash to the nearest enemy again. The sword can pierce 6-8 times before it dissipates. The enchanted swordslinger is meant to be something around the points of a single weapon to a heavy piercing weapon. The

The bow is crafted with 24 spectre bars, 1 hallowed repeater, and 20 souls of flight/sight (Depends on you).

Weighing in toward the topic of guns, you can possibly create a hardmode post-plantera weapon that resembles a thorny, cyan crossbow with a sword on it, called the "enchanted swordslinger"

The repeater itself fires at a use time of 24, has a velocity of 6, and does 75 damage, it consumes arrows as ammo - but it has a twist, the arrows it shoots turns into small swords that start spinning after reaching a distance, passing an enemy, or colliding with a wall. After it spins, it quickly dashes at an enemy in an attempt to damage them, if it hits them or misses them, it will spin and dash to the nearest enemy again. The sword can pierce 6-8 times before it dissipates. The enchanted swordslinger is meant to be something around the points of a single weapon to a heavy piercing weapon. The

The bow is crafted with 24 spectre bars, 1 hallowed repeater, and 20 souls of flight/sight (Depends on you).
You described a repeater, we're talkin' boot guns. Tho, very good idea!

Weird idea: A gun that looks like a random amalgamation of gun barrels, when used it shoots a bunch of bullets in random angles (any angle, even backwards). Might not be too useful with non-Chlorophyte bullets, though.

Also, maybe a gun that uses a random bullet stack from your inventory every time it fires, rather than using the first one it finds? We could make cool combinations, like using Ichor Bullets alongside higher DPS ones for enhanced damage.

There's only so much I can do with such a boring style of weapon. Shoots a single projectile in a straight line, what am I supposed to do with that? Make it travel in bizarre patterns? Make it home in on enemies? Bullet types already do that. There isn't much I can do to guns besides make them shoot faster, do more damage or have auto reuse. If you have some UNIQUE ideas, I'm all ears. And no explosion bullets, that's rockets shtick!

How about a gun that does a lot of damage, but has a chance not to fire a bullet.

- A gun that fires healing shots to heal your allies (not yourself);
- A bullet that deals low damage but very high knockback;
- A bullet (or rocket?) that moves in a wavey pattern. Initial angle and width of the wave should fluctuate. The direction of the knockback should obviously depend on the angle the ammo was moving when hitting the target;
- A bullet that ricochets on blocks and enemies alike (dunno how many times);
- A bullet (or arrow?) that "falls" upwards, like how arrows are affected by gravity, but here it's the opposite;
- A pretty powerful gun that can only shoot straight forwards, like in old games;
- Another pretty powerful gun that has recoil;
- A bullet that quickly starts rotating around you pretty tightly. The number of bullets orbiting you should be limited. When you get one too many, the oldest one stops spinning and keeps the angle it had. Not very useful when ground is involved, though. Very useful with my ammo-cycling gun idea.

More ideas later, probably. I know you wanted gun ideas and not ammo, but the goal is to diversify the gun "subclass" and special bullets also do that.

question 1: the mod updated, do i need to do something or the tModLoader will do it for me?

question 2: will you still be updating whit new ideas? not that i have a idea, but if i ever get one i could tell you.

Back
Top Bottom