tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Those ores do generate like crazy. 10+ kills will make them spawn allll over the place. There's no reason to kill the boss that many times in normal play unless RNG really hates coughing up a particular prize, but it's still kind of a dampener on the idea of fighting the Beholder for fun.
Yeah if I were to suggest maybe doing the same thing as what breaking the alters do. Just make it give a LOT the first time then significantly less each other time until it basically stops generating it. Also maybe in the case of getting both make it so Valadium and Lodestone will generate fully the FIRST time but if it's like the sixth kill then Valadium generation from the 5th kill follows the same formula as if it was the 5th from Lodestone.

Is that possible to make the generation a bit less abundant? I mean, for example, First time Valadium or Lodestone generates, a full amount of it is generated. Later, if the boss is killed, the same ore is generated - but only 1/2 of the original amount. Next time it's 1/4, 1/8 etc. I mean, I really like fighting the Beholder - it's a very fun fight, drops are cool (tough I got Obliterator 4 times in a row playing as a full mage) and well, it would eliminate the problem of having too much of these ores after a Beholder killing galore.

Sniped me but basically this. Just allowing the first of both ores to generate fully so you can still find them.

This is because u just have to be at the ocean biome it doesn't matter if you're in the ocean or not u just have to be in the ocean biome u will tell by the background changing
[doublepost=1463645548,1463645296][/doublepost]

Teleports in vanilla Terraria are good enough just in areas where u r not at like at the snow biome or the desert biome or even the jungle, the mobs will step on it and u just need to make a trap for them to die but u will need to wire them
Not exactly what I meant, I meant if their was a way to keep a creature alive without it de-spawning as soon as you get far away from it. But thanks any way.

This is because u just have to be at the ocean biome it doesn't matter if you're in the ocean or not u just have to be in the ocean biome u will tell by the background changing
[doublepost=1463645548,1463645296][/doublepost]

Teleports in vanilla Terraria are good enough just in areas where u r not at like at the snow biome or the desert biome or even the jungle, the mobs will step on it and u just need to make a trap for them to die but u will need to wire them

I was actually fighting the queen jellyfish at my base in the forest biome

Is that possible to make the generation a bit less abundant? I mean, for example, First time Valadium or Lodestone generates, a full amount of it is generated. Later, if the boss is killed, the same ore is generated - but only 1/2 of the original amount. Next time it's 1/4, 1/8 etc. I mean, I really like fighting the Beholder - it's a very fun fight, drops are cool (tough I got Obliterator 4 times in a row playing as a full mage) and well, it would eliminate the problem of having too much of these ores after a Beholder killing galore.

Actually, I wonder if it would be possible to track how much of the ore is in the world, similar to how Crimson/Corruption/Hallow is tracked? That way, how much is spawned could be determined be how much is in the world already. It would be useful in multiplayer, so that even with a rotating roster of players carting things out of circulation, scarcity would never get so high that you couldn't get some if you needed it.

Actually, I wonder if it would be possible to track how much of the ore is in the world, similar to how Crimson/Corruption/Hallow is tracked? That way, how much is spawned could be determined be how much is in the world already. It would be useful in multiplayer, so that even with a rotating roster of players carting things out of circulation, scarcity would never get so high that you couldn't get some if you needed it.

That would be cool and won't be crazy

So if you are still taking ideas for armors:Got a idea for a stone armor: my idea is a armor that gives more armor than the solar set, however, each piece gives 40 armor. Nothing more, nothing less. When you get the set bonus, you get around 70 armor. But heres the problem with the set bonus: It gives you the slow debuff. As for the crafting, i would say 999 pearl stone for each piece. Im open for any changes. And with my microsoft paint skillz i made a rough template for the armor:
Unbenannt.png
(the small bumps at the top of shoulders and helmet are supposed to be battlements

So if you are still taking ideas for armors:Got a idea for a stone armor: my idea is a armor that gives more armor than the solar set, however, each piece gives 40 armor. Nothing more, nothing less. When you get the set bonus, you get around 70 armor. But heres the problem with the set bonus: It gives you the slow debuff. As for the crafting, i would say 999 pearl stone for each piece. Im open for any changes. And with my microsoft paint skillz i made a rough template for the armor:
View attachment 111590
(the small bumps at the top of shoulders and helmet are supposed to be battlements

That's... a pretty terrible concept for an armor if you ask me. The Pearlstone would be so easy to grind early on that you could get it early HM. And the slow movement wouldn't really matter when you consider that Wings are a mandatory thing in HM anyway. It's a no-no in every single way I look at it.

View attachment 111590
That is entirely too much armor for an easy to get material. The only way this could possibly be balanced was if it reduced all your speeds to ludicrously slow levels. Attack speed, melee speed, movement speed, and even flight speed.

So if you are still taking ideas for armors:Got a idea for a stone armor: my idea is a armor that gives more armor than the solar set, however, each piece gives 40 armor. Nothing more, nothing less. When you get the set bonus, you get around 70 armor. But heres the problem with the set bonus: It gives you the slow debuff. As for the crafting, i would say 999 pearl stone for each piece.
You'll have to forgive these guy's zealous feedback, but you should understand where they are coming from. :p Defense is a pretty big aspect of Terraria, and the reason Solar armor has as much as it does is to make Melee characters much more durable. But getting that armor requires you to be good enough to take on the moon lord and win, so you're rewarded with massive defense, damage reduction, etc. Having an armor set that is nearly double Solar armors strength, for killing just the WoF, the midway point of the game, doesnt seem fitting... The increased armor at the cost of speed idea is personally likable, but I've already used that effect in my Granite Armor. The aim of this mod isn't overly powerful, infinite damage / infinite durability items and equipment, its about being as symbiotic with Vanilla Terraria as I can make it.

Nothing personal, just my reasons for dismissing the idea. :(

I remember Avalon's creator having problems with the wyvern AI.
We probably wont see it happening, unless maybe in later TML versions.
I'd imagine its an issue because of how worm type enemies are coded. They're like multiple enemies stuck together and all sharing the same life bar.

I'd imagine its an issue because of how worm type enemies are coded. They're like multiple enemies stuck together and all sharing the same life bar.
from what i remember in the tconfig version of avalon, the dragonlord boss had problems because it always ended up despawning from going off screen, in the API version it would get stuck under the player because its AI kept it from chasing the player above caves, and in the standalone version he simply didnt finish its AI enough to be workable, however it is possible to still spawn it with the /item command after oblivion.

Hello here,

'been lurking this thread since about a week now, and I saw some people suggesting things here and there ! I was just wondering if it was possible to add a cat ears vanity item (most likely tied to the helmet (?) slot). Adding vanity items does not seems like it's the point of this mod, and maybe I should be asking somewhere else really, but since I'm playing this mod, why not here then ?

(I hope this post makes sense, 'been a while since I englished)

Back
Top Bottom