tModLoader The Thorium Mod

so Sam, any lil features you could spoiler for us? :p
also, i was recently thinking about how a R.Y.N.O 2 weapon from ratchet and clank 2 would feature quite nicely as a pre-moonlord/Ragnarok ranged weapon.

I tried that and when I tried to just even build a new world It crashed on around 74% to a memory exception.
[doublepost=1464390509,1464390464][/doublepost]
I tried that and when I tried to just even build a new world It crashed on around 74% to a memory exception.
i reckon your only other option is to try and increase the memory terraria uses then...

EDIT: oh yea, completely off topic, i was just playing 1.3.1, fought the queen bee, and got its treasure bag, i opened it and got some good things... and 26 gold... why is queen bee giving more money than every other boss in the game?

i beat the queen bee again after wards... 43 gold, how did they somehow bug queen bees gold drop in 1.3.1?

Last edited:
26 gold... why is queen bee giving more money than every other boss in the game?

i beat the queen bee again after wards... 43 gold, how did they somehow bug queen bees gold drop in 1.3.1?
I think Coznix, along with selling its drops, gives more gold than that.
7 kills (actually I gave myself 7 treasure bags through cheat sheet..) gave me 8 platinum coins with the drops sold (mainly the weapons).

I got another idea along with a sprite... I spent about 4-5 hours making it, so honest feedback is appreciated. I give you... the Mushroom Mimic!
QPpGGAs.gif

I really love the mimic minibosses and the interesting weapons they dropped, each with a cool gimmick behind them. After seeing the unused Jungle Mimic on the wiki, I thought about the incorporation of more biomes, which would mean more nifty early hardmode equipment. I don't have too many ideas for what to put inside the chest however, maybe some kind of spore shooting weapon that homes and steals life?

(Here's a spritesheet: http://i.imgur.com/44cLElK.png)

I got another idea along with a sprite... I spent about 4-5 hours making it, so honest feedback is appreciated. I give you... the Mushroom Mimic!
QPpGGAs.gif

I really love the mimic minibosses and the interesting weapons they dropped, each with a cool gimmick behind them. After seeing the unused Jungle Mimic on the wiki, I thought about the incorporation of more biomes, which would mean more nifty early hardmode equipment. I don't have too many ideas for what to put inside the chest however, maybe some kind of spore shooting weapon that homes and steals life?

That looks horrifying to run into.
Cause at my base I have setup a very large Mushroom Biome[didn't have that achievement] and that wouldn't be nice to run into.
I like it

QPpGGAs.gif

Riffing off of the first five words/phrases that come to mind...
  • Cordycepter - Magic weapon that infects the target with slowing, draining spores. If the spores kill them, they release more spores, potentially infecting other enemies.
  • Funggat - Depending on how you interpert "gat", could either be a powerful handgun, or a chain gun.
  • Mycelium Whip - Flail like weapon that can temporarily "root" an enemy, holding them in place (if they're not a boss) and causing them to give off occasional clouds of toxic spores.
  • Toad's Tool - Massive, hammer-like weapon which spawns a short-lived Mushling (summon creature) when it kills an enemy.
  • Protistar - A weird organic blob that launches nasty masses of slime mould at enemies. Definitely some disgusting stuff...who knows what it may do to them. Throwing-type weapon that consumes Gel for ammo.

I am in serious need of help. Recently i got this mod to spice things up abit on terraria and i found out that a large amount of the armours and weapons are made with this ore called thorium, but for some reason every time i load a world there is no thorium ore, ANYWHERE! I use the tremor mod and erosion mod with this mod. Please help me if you can think of anything to fix this issue. Thanks!

I am in serious need of help. Recently i got this mod to spice things up abit on terraria and i found out that a large amount of the armours and weapons are made with this ore called thorium, but for some reason every time i load a world there is no thorium ore, ANYWHERE! I us the tremor mod and erosion mod with it this mod. Please help me if you can think of anything to fix this issue. Thanks!

Thorium ore is most common at lava layer. It generates when the world is created, so if you're loading an old world, your only source of thorium ore is from Bag of Potential, a semi rare drop from any mob.

I am in serious need of help. Recently i got this mod to spice things up abit on terraria and i found out that a large amount of the armours and weapons are made with this ore called thorium, but for some reason every time i load a world there is no thorium ore, ANYWHERE! I us the tremor mod and erosion mod with it this mod. Please help me if you can think of anything to fix this issue. Thanks!
Thorium either spawns deep in the ground, a little above hell, or else is progress locked. Once you defeat the Eye of Cthulhu (as I recall), you should start getting Bags of Potential from mobs, and Strange Crates when fishing. Either opening the crate or using the bags at an Extractinator will get you Thorium.

I had a few ideas for some content.
-----------------------------------------------
Mechanical Armour
Crafted with strange plating and souls.
With reasonable defence.
Set Bonus: able to summon a 'Mech' suit which you are inside of.
You can run fast, jump, perhaps take no fall damage and shoot lasers like the Retinazer to your cursors position.
Debuff: cant go in water. if you do you will take damage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanical Summon Weapon
Name: Destroyer's Revenge?
Summons the destroyers Probes which fires lasers at enemies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanical Flame Thrower
Name: Spaz's Inferno?
Shoots Spazmatism's cursed flame which inflicts the cursed flame debuff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are some of the best sprites I've ever seen in a Terraria mod. Most of these look like they would fit right into the game.

One problem I've had with Terraria mods is that sprites tend to look out of place but here they fit perfectly! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this mod.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanical Summon Weapon
Name: Destroyer's Revenge?
Summons the destroyers Probes which fires lasers at enemies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanical Flame Thrower
Name: Spaz's Inferno?
Shoots Spazmatism's cursed flame which inflicts the cursed flame debuff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These seem less than likely since Sam just added a yo-yo for the Destroyer (meaning it currently has the most stuff AFAIK), and the Twins already have a magic weapon. Not saying some more mechanical weapons wouldn't be neat, but my gut is that any additions would need to be more evenly distributed. (Besides, the Destroyer is tanky as an Abrams, but has a dead simple AI that makes it by far the easiest mech boss to kill. Asking more loot for it is kinda front-loading things.)

I dont think the mods need to be updated. Nothing really changed that could potentially break mods. Will test right now though.

EDITED: It is indeed broken. I mean, nothing majorly broken, you cant just launch the mod because tmodloader doesnt let you since the mod is for 8.0 instead of 8.1

Thank you so much to General Milky and Kefke. i thought it was meant to spawn on the top layer of the world. i can finally continue my world knowing its there. Big thanks again. :)
[doublepost=1464432934,1464432571][/doublepost]Oh and one more question, what would be the minimum level pick needed to min the thorium ore?

Thank you so much to General Milky and Kefke. i thought it was meant to spawn on the top layer of the world. i can finally continue my world knowing its there. Big thanks again. :)
[doublepost=1464432934,1464432571][/doublepost]Oh and one more question, what would be the minimum level pick needed to min the thorium ore?
from what i know, any pickaxe will mine thorium.

Back
Top Bottom