Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking this, but I've been working on a resource pack of my own on and off for the past year or so (and made stunningly little progress thanks to real-world interruptions and the lack of an attention span), and I've lately been seeing a few different packs lately that also edit the Shimmer textures of NPCs. I'm curious on how that's done, since while it's plainly obvious to see where NPCs' party variants are hidden in the files, I haven't found anything in the game's content or image files that alludes to Shimmered NPC sprites anywhere.

I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking this, but I've been working on a resource pack of my own on and off for the past year or so (and made stunningly little progress thanks to real-world interruptions and the lack of an attention span), and I've lately been seeing a few different packs lately that also edit the Shimmer textures of NPCs. I'm curious on how that's done, since while it's plainly obvious to see where NPCs' party variants are hidden in the files, I haven't found anything in the game's content or image files that alludes to Shimmered NPC sprites anywhere.

The Party Variant of Townies used to be called NPC_#_Alt_1, But with since Terraria 1.4+ Townies have been Relocated to this folder:
Terraria\Content\Images\TownNPCs
And since then used their NPC Title is now in the file name and label of their alternate sprites
^.~

an Unique one is: "BestiaryGirl_Default_Credits" only used for the Credits sequences

The Sprites for the Shimmered Townies can be found in this folder:
Terraria\Content\Images\TownNPCs\Shimmered
But there are also files in the Image folder associated with them:
Glow_350 (Shimmered Cyborg), Glow_351 (Shimmered Cyborg Party) Glow_352 (Shimmered Truffle), Extra_263 (Shimmered Mechanics Wrench).
Head Icons: NPC_Head_54-80 - used on Map and Living quarter banner.
and Gore: Gore_1288-1382

I have a question for the staff that I really need the answer to but don’t like asking for obvious reasons ;(
Will this guide be updated with the new Music IDs once 1.4.5 comes out?

Hello, I am making a texture pack, but I want to know, there can only be a single language .json, that is, I have one in Spanish with es-ES and in English with en-US, but when I change the language it does not notice the change of name, is there a way to fix it or does it necessarily only have to be one?

Back
Top Bottom