tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
rest in rip phoenix's internet
[doublepost=1468815470,1468815450][/doublepost]also rip misc conversation in a mod thread

Cya. Also, I had a pumpkin moon idea a while ago. It released four of the Pumpking's orange scythe blade that spun away and dealed damage. Here is the sprite.
image.jpg

PumPks.png
Hey phoenix so while i was dabbling a bit. I thought of a peculiar yoyo you could make.-.

Im not too proud of the sprite cause i rushed it but yea

It sorta looks like a weird pumpkin. So ;-;

A square yoyo;-; Strange right? Cause the pumpkin moon is a strange thing? haha? haha? I dont know kill me please.

Do what you will with these sprites/ideas, they're not certainly the best since I'm rather new to both.

EpXjdSy.png
3dkk9ha.png

"Forged with the fun of heaven"
Special: Hitting an enemy causes a star to fall onto them! 1.5 second delay between stars.

Damage: 17 (yoyo), 50 35 (star)
Knockback: 2.5
Crit: 4%
Use: 24
Velocity: 16
Length: 13
Rarity: 2

True Eye of Cthulu??
vOhke1h.png
K3f5RsR.png

Not sure about this one, it's just a resprite.

View attachment 127772 Hey phoenix so while i was dabbling a bit. I thought of a peculiar yoyo you could make.-.

Im not too proud of the sprite cause i rushed it but yea

Had a similar idea, since square yoyos do exist.
Spriting a square yoyo isn't the easiest thing for someone like me. :sigh:

lZD3vUA.png
tpF6nHO.png

My idea for this is that it would shoot 4 after-image projectiles in a perpendicular shape, whether it be in an "X' shape or "+" shape.

I have 6 yoyo ideas that imma post when i can get on my pc
[doublepost=1468835679,1468835124][/doublepost]
I'll purpose some Yoyos here, and I found that there have been lacking accessories in the yoyo department, so I'll purpose some as well.

A real One Drop yoyo, there's nothing too special about this one. It has a greater damage output tham similar tiered weapons, and can inflict Cursed Inferno on hit, but it has a much lowered range compared to all yoyos. Intended as a Corruption equivalent to the Chik, so its recipe could be a Wooden Yoyo, 15 Cursed Flame, and 10 Soul of Night.
Another real yoyo manufactured by One Drop, it is a pre-hardmode weapon dropped by Goblin Warriors. While its damage and range are only decent at best for when you can get it, it has a greater knockback value than most yoyos.
Once again manufactured by One Drop, Benchmark 13 is actually a triplet of Yoyo models, made as H, O, and V. Their damage is the same, but they have other differences:
Benchmark 13H - bonus flight time
Benchmark 13O - bonus range
Benchmark 13V - bonus "counterweight"
The 3 yoyos could be dropped by the Mechanical Bosses, but Damnation is already dropped by Spazmatism, so I'm not sure about how to get these.
A post-Moon Lord yoyo. When in flight, it shoots Phantasmal Deathrays! Recipe is The Eye of Cthulu yoyo and Luminite Bars.
1. Yoyo Bearing - Increases flight time.
2. Smooth Axle - Increases the "speed" of the yoyo, homing in/following on your cursor much quicker.
3. Brain Clutch - After a certain amount of flight, the yoyo in use gains increased damage. Works with infinite flight yoyos as well.
4. Yoyo Kit - Combo of above @ Tinker's workshop
5. Yoyo Case - Yoyo Bag + Yoyo Kit @ Tinker's workshop
try to do this
these are amazing

Got on my computer! Time for suggestions (note: adjust the stuff as much as you want :p):

[The Gyro]: 20 Damage | Weak Knockback | On occasion, it fires a small tornado projectile that curves upwards into the sky. | Drops from Harpies or crafted at a Sky Mill (10 Clouds + 25 Sunplate Blocks + 20 Feathers + 5 Rain Clouds + 1 Yoyo String or 10 Cobweb).

[Fan-Service]: 36 Damage | Very Weak Knockback | A Sans-themed yoyo that occasionally fires white heat ray lasers that inflict On Fire! | Crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil (120 Bones + 75 Bone Blocks + 1 Bone Wand + 10 Titanium Bars + 1 Yoyo String or 10 Cobweb)

[Mastermind]: 16 Damage | Very Weak Knockback | Occasionally shoots out tentrils that sometimes inflicts Confused. | A direct drop from BoC (Brain of Cthuhlu) and is a 100% drop from its Treasure Bag.

[The Infector]: 15 Damage | Very Weak Knockback | Occasionally fires 2 Scourge of the Corruptor projectiles (the mini ones that home onto enemies) that, well, home onto enemies, dealing low damage, Slowness, and Blinded. | A direct drop from EoW (Eater of World)'s main loot (not his body parts) and is a 100% drop from his Treasure Bag.

[The Beachball]: 12 Damage | Very Weak Knockback | When the timer is up, the yoyo breaks, leaving a projectile that acts like a boulder. It floats on water when it comes into contact to it. Also spits out confetti everywhere when you hit something with it. | Sold by the Party Girl in the Ocean Biome.

[Techtonic]: 73 Damage | Weak Knockback | Occasionally spews out cogs that explode into stynger shrapenels. When the timer is up, it selfdestructs, exploding in a small radius and shoots stynger bolts in 6 random directions. | Sold by the Steampunker after Golem is dead.

[Web Ball]: 30 Damage | Very Weak Knockback | Occasionally fires web projectiles (the same ones Black Recluses use in Expert Mode) that webs the enemy. The actual yoyo inflicts Venom. | Reference to Spider-Man in Marvel vs. Capcom as one of his moves in his moveset. | Dropped from Black Recluses in hardmode.

Do what you will with these sprites/ideas, they're not certainly the best since I'm rather new to both.

EpXjdSy.png
3dkk9ha.png

"Forged with the fun of heaven"
Special: Hitting an enemy causes a star to fall onto them! 1.5 second delay between stars.

Damage: 17 (yoyo), 50 35 (star)
Knockback: 2.5
Crit: 4%
Use: 24
Velocity: 16
Length: 13
Rarity: 2

True Eye of Cthulu??
vOhke1h.png
K3f5RsR.png

Not sure about this one, it's just a resprite.

Had a similar idea, since square yoyos do exist.
Spriting a square yoyo isn't the easiest thing for someone like me. :sigh:

lZD3vUA.png
tpF6nHO.png

My idea for this is that it would shoot 4 after-image projectiles in a perpendicular shape, whether it be in an "X' shape or "+" shape.
On the true eye of cthulhu, it looks like its just recolored. Try and make it unique.

Also @PhoenixBlade or anyone who can help. I tried updating the mod but it won't allow me to get the new yoyos. 0.7 is the latest update right?

EDIT: Nvm, I just reloaded the game and that worked.

Phoenix plz nerf the sweet throw or buff the bonesaw. The sweet throw is pretty damn strong and kinda makes the bonesaw useless since you can get the sweet throw first. I just beat skeletron and realized how powerful the sweet throw is.

Phoenix plz nerf the sweet throw or buff the bonesaw. The sweet throw is pretty damn strong and kinda makes the bonesaw useless since you can get the sweet throw first. I just beat skeletron and realized how powerful the sweet throw is.
It's been said already, I do plan on nerfing the sweet throw :p

Back
Top Bottom