tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Now that you mention the nimbus I realized the crimsom rod could be used to design a yoyo that is pre hardmode but that it cant be gotten very early game that could be based on the sky/thunder.

Last edited:
I am back with yet another yoyo idea! This one is called the Smiling Destroyer (name can be changed) and is a rare drop from the Clown in the Blood Moon. It explodes when its usage time is over, but does not destroy any tiles. It can be used for seven seconds and does a base damage of 23 (feel free to change that too). Feedback is greatly appreciated!
[doublepost=1468803347,1468802873][/doublepost]Sprite it please Nic. :D
[doublepost=1468803379][/doublepost]And feedback please?

@ImmortalWisp Sounds nice but would the explosion be something useful or something bad to compensate for an other thing? If it's something desirable the 7 seconds might be too long i think it might be a good idea if it's an "unstable yoyo" and that it might explode randomly and when it does it generates big dmg and knockback and it could be somthing good or it might put you on a bad spot like an insane clown.

I am back with yet another yoyo idea! This one is called the Smiling Destroyer (name can be changed) and is a rare drop from the Clown in the Blood Moon. It explodes when its usage time is over, but does not destroy any tiles. It can be used for seven seconds and does a base damage of 23 (feel free to change that too). Feedback is greatly appreciated!
[doublepost=1468803347,1468802873][/doublepost]Sprite it please Nic. :D
[doublepost=1468803379][/doublepost]And feedback please?
i feel the base damge should be higher to rival the bananarangs that drop from the clown as well

Base damage is way too low. 27 is the highest prehardmode base damage for a yoyo, and this is a hardmode yoyo I think. correct me if that's wrong. But it should definitely be more than 23 damage.
And also @KingSora I had a similar idea called the rain cloud dropped from harpies, but I like your idea better. Unless...wait for it... wait for it...what if phoenix adds both? Oh dayum. Never sw that one coming lol. But seriously he could make one hm one pre hm. My rain cloud idea acts likea crimson rod where it rains down from the yoyo doing low but continuos damage. And then yours strikes lightning, right? Too lazy to check last page while I'm typing.

Clown is a hardmode enemy. 23 could be acceptable depending on what the explosion does if you get it right after defeating the wall of flesh but it's still on the low spectrum and it wouldn't last much also is hard to get because you need a bloodmoon to happen then you have a limited amount of time and clowns to get the drop and it would be supposedly a rare drop.

BTW for me one of the hardest bosses to defeat is the duke fishron and I would love to be able to defeat it with a yoyo but sadly there are no yoyos that are good to use against him in vanilla. Have you guys tried using any of this moded yoyos to defeat him? (I'm taking my time to advance trough this playtrough so I'm far from reaching that stage yet) but it would be great if there is or there could be a way to defeat him with a yoyo. From the description alone the dispatcher sounds that it might work if it lingers long enough but something with precise/homing projectiles or long reach would be optimum.

I'm still pre-WoF :/
but then again I'm collecting over 100 yoyos over Thorium, Calamity, this, Yoyo Expansion, and Vanilla

Clown is a hardmode enemy. 23 could be acceptable depending on what the explosion does if you get it right after defeating the wall of flesh but it's still on the low spectrum and it wouldn't last much also is hard to get because you need a bloodmoon to happen then you have a limited amount of time and clowns to get the drop and it would be supposedly a rare drop.

BTW for me one of the hardest bosses to defeat is the duke fishron and I would love to be able to defeat it with a yoyo but sadly there are no yoyos that are good to use against him in vanilla. Have you guys tried using any of this moded yoyos to defeat him? (I'm taking my time to advance trough this playtrough so I'm far from reaching that stage yet) but it would be great if there is or there could be a way to defeat him with a yoyo. From the description alone the dispatcher sounds that it might work if it lingers long enough but something with precise/homing projectiles or long reach would be optimum.
I plan on adding a Golem Yoyo, it should help with Fishron. Otherwise, try farming the Frost Moon for the Crumbler then taking him on!

Don't know man. I'm taking my time as well. Over ten hours played on my yoyo world and haven't even beat skeletron yet lol. But I was working on a huge castle that took me like 5 hours to build so...yeah.

Okay, just wanted to see the sprites for yoyos that wont get in like my wisp yoyo idea, my other ideas, and probably also this one. Just want to see what they would look like.

New idea! It is a possible drop from the Everscream and functions like the Christmas Tree Sword, releasing damage-dealing ornaments (or it could release pine needles to where your cursor). Maybe it could do 30 Damage and be called Everslayer (sorry for the bad name)?

Nah, the drop rate is the same as the Kraken lol, and both are Post Plantera.
New idea! It is a possible drop from the Everscream and functions like the Christmas Tree Sword, releasing damage-dealing ornaments (or it could release pine needles to where your cursor). Maybe it could do 30 Damage and be called Everslayer (sorry for the bad name)?
Frost Moon already has a yoyo :p

I think we need a pumpkin moon yoyo drop first

I'd like a Pumpkin Moon yoyo better :p
Maybe a Pumpking yoyo that fires the pumpkin projectiles that The Horseman's Blade produces?
[doublepost=1468815120,1468815090][/doublepost]
Nah, the drop rate is the same as the Kraken lol, and both are Post Plantera.

Frost Moon already has a yoyo :p
oh welp my bad
i though you were talking about jungle mobs dropping XD

Back
Top Bottom