1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

Discussion in 'The Crossroads: General Cross-Platform Talk' started by ppowersteef, Oct 10, 2014.

1. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

Quoting @ExoticCharm :
    "Regardless of the hundreds of hours that I have put into this game, there always seems to be something new that I discover. I didn't know that the sun would where sunglasses every time you did until a couple months ago. Also, I never knew about the enchanted sword (and how could you without looking at the wiki).

What mechanics/items/secrets did you not know about despite your massive time with this game?"

Well allow me to start this:
    rudolph eating grass.JPG
    If you're standing still on Rudolph for a time , he's eating grass. I didn't know that untill today.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Toxic

Toxic Terrarian

I had no idea the Unicorn on a Stick existed...what a strange item :p

3. Woah, never knew that about Rudolph...I pretty much know about every item currently in the game now...so I got nuthin'.

Corrupter and Sword Ace like this.
  4. Nimbus_Bolt

Nimbus_Bolt Eye of Cthulhu

Didn't know rudolph was in the game. Also iI just found out about rune walls.

Corrupter and Sword Ace like this.
  5. GoldenTerrabyte

GoldenTerrabyte Official Terrarian

I like JUST found out the Snow Flinx exists.

FlyKip, Corrupter and Dark Wiz like this.
  6. Squideer

Squideer Official Terrarian

For over 500 hours on Terraria before the 1.2 Update, I had some knowledge of every item in the game. (And had found a copy, And used every item at least once except for the Whoopie Cushion, and Moon Charm. :()

...That is, Except for Poisonous Throwing Knives. A friend gave me a set of these just before the 1.2 update and I was so confused.

Whoops wrong scenario, I was actually looking at an old list of Terraria weapons because I was trying find the page for the Sandgun, I saw the article regarding Poisonous Throwing Knives and only found out then that they existed.

Corrupter and Puppetmaster like this.
  7. TheFancyWisp

TheFancyWisp Terrarian

For people who never visit the underground snow biome.......

I just recently found out about crates because I didn't use to fish.

Corrupter and Dark Wiz like this.
  8. GoldenTerrabyte

GoldenTerrabyte Official Terrarian

Actually I just haven't played 1.2, and I still had never seen them before in videos or on the Wiki until recently.

9. Squideer

Squideer Official Terrarian

The Snowflix are a fun enemy, The first one I ever killed dropped a Snowball Launcher. I carried this around and deployed it as a weapon. (Terraria really needs more Turret options, As much as I like the Bunny Cannon it's a hassle to get ammo. Both it and the normal cannon don't have the same "feel" as the Snowball Launcher either)

Corrupter, TMB50 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Rainway

Rainway Eye of Cthulhu

I had no idea about the Squid until I looked it up ._.

Red Slime, Sword Ace and Elendi like this.
  11. nealpd

nealpd Skeletron Prime

I found out about Molotov cocktails a few days ago... In pvp...

12. TheFancyWisp

TheFancyWisp Terrarian

xD but still if you don't go into the underground snow biome you most likely wont see them, I was saying that people who don't might relate.

13. CinamonPizza

CinamonPizza Golem

Recently discovered that Bundle of Ballons goes to around the same height as spectre/lightning/frostspark boots :dryadtongue:

Corrupter and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Isaac the Jester

Isaac the Jester Eater of Worlds

i did not know how to get a mime mask for the longest time, also how to get sunglasses because the drop rate of black lenses is way too low

15. drain.

drain. Terrarian

Hardmode

It may seem weird, but I was a TOTAL NOOB back then when I started playing.

So, yeah, I killed Skeletron and I thought I beat the game, I did nothing else I just played new files without entering Hardmode.

I like, played 200+ hours of the game without actually playing it.

16. Isaac the Jester

Isaac the Jester Eater of Worlds

its kinda funny that now you are skeleton

17. TheFancyWisp

TheFancyWisp Terrarian

I JUST RIGHT NOW found out that you could place coins

18. Arakina

Arakina Steampunker

Anything that came from Presents.

I thought that the presents of 2013 were the same thing as the presents of 2012, so I just threw them away. I found out they contained new items after my friends got a Red Ryder and told me how he got it.

Tyrax Lightning and Elendi like this.
  19. CheetahBing

CheetahBing Steampunker

Wait, what??? You can do that??

20. Kaio

Kaio Official Terrarian

The Red Potion, I found in a free-items server. I also never realized that the Merchant sells potions.

The Real Sharknado likes this.