tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you doing when these errors occurred? Were you using a certain armor? Weapon? Potion? Is your character a female? Did you kill an enemy?

Does using a female character cause game crashes with this mod? I've been having game crashes too (although with a different error message, usually happens when I attack and hit something) and I haven't been able to figure out the cause.

Does using a female character cause game crashes with this mod? I've been having game crashes too (although with a different error message, usually happens when I attack and hit something) and I haven't been able to figure out the cause.
In its current state, wearing thorium mod armor chest pieces as a woman will crash the game. I'm actively fixing that though. Try and figure out which weapon or enemy you attack that crashes it. Also, if you have other mods, one might be conflicting with mine.

All I'm doing is trying to go fight Skeletron and every time at a random point, that error occurs. However, I noticed this happen after getting the cook to spawn in, then after he died, this error kept popping up. So, keep your cook alive for now? I thought the game might have been trying to spawn in multiple cooks due to the fact that I was carrying a Frying Pan, so I discarded it. Nothing Changed, so I'm stuck. However, I know your great abilities will find a way to fix this, I've never understood coding. For direct reply, just seems odd about the cook. EDIT: If you want things like weapons and armor, I can tell you: I have obsidian in vanity, magma or sandstone in my real armor, my weapons are: Jungle's Wrath, Magik Staff, Ice Cube, and Thourim Staff. I remembered a symptom besides just crashing the game, and that's time change. The time randomly switches to a integer every time the game crashes, making it impossible to fight Skeletron without getting interupted.

Last edited:
It occurs independent of weapon or enemy. It's happened both with vanilla weapons and weapons introduced by the mod. And Thorium+ is the only mod I am using. I'm trying to find a way to reproduce it 100% of the time but I'm not having too much luck. A few things;
  • doesn't always happen from hitting an enemy, just does most often
  • sometimes mining or striking breakable objects triggers it
  • seems to happen significantly more often if I play in fullscreen mode
  • seems to happen significantly more often immediately after losing window focus and then going back into the game (alt tabbing, closing windows notifications, etc.)
I'm still a little unsure whether this is a tAPI problem or a Thorium+ problem but I've tried to reproduce it with zero mods loaded and haven't been able to yet.

Hey, Seelegewehr, I'm having the same issue as you. It has happened four times so far. First time was when I attacked a slime using the thorium staff. Second time I attacked a bunny with a harpoon, third time a skeleton with a blood butcherer, fourth time I heard something die offscreen (a bunny, I'm guessing) and then crashed. I'll try taking off my thorium armor just in case that's causing it. No other mods installed. Using tAPI r15, Thorium mod r14 V1.3.05... should I downgrade to tAPI r14?

Happened again, Harpoon -> Squirrel, wasn't wearing Thorium armor this time :S

Sorry for the noob question, but how do I see the error message? When it crashes I just get an option to Debug or Close Program, and I can neither find a log file nor an option to enable crash reports, or something along those lines...

EDIT: Ignore that, I must be blind... found the option. The error message (upon harpooning a bunny, this time):

21:33:35 System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.weebly.com'
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
at Game_Launcher_3.Form1.CheckForAvailableDowngradePatches()

I disabled the "Dynamic (always check...)" option in the Game Launcher and it looks like it's fixed... can't say for sure though...

Last edited:
Here's a little update to celebrate r15 and fix some annoying bugs that should have been changed for a long time. Might take me a bit to update the OP.
-Before updating, I would remove your armors from any mannequins you have. They'll get changed/deleted! you can set them back after you've updated.
Change Log
- You can now put armor on Womannaquins (Actual Female variants for armor is a work in progress)
- Monsters SHOULD spawn in multiplayer dedicated servers now (Town NPC's still do not unfortunately, I'm working on it)
- Demon Blood Armor has been refurbished (cleaner tooltips and new effect for the chest piece)
- Dread armor has been refurbished (Cleaner tooltips and Set bonus works properly, beware the speed!)
- Terrarium Armor has been refurbished (More damage, more crit, more health, more mana, just more!)
- Terrarium Defender and Particle Sprinters have been changed around slightly
- New Terrarium Wings (Start flying with a complete Terrarium set!)
- Once again, Terrarium weapons have received a buff
- Berserker Shards, Harbinger Catalysts, Crimson Hyper Shard and Dread Souls have had their recipes changed (easier to obtain essentially)
- Condensed Thorium is now much easier to craft (requires Chlorophyte Ore now, instead of ectoplasm)
- Obsidian Shards now requires a piece of Hellstone to craft (Was too easy to craft before)
- Hornets drop more stingers and more frequently, Corruptors drop Vitamins at a higher chance, Icy tortoise drop frozen turtle shells at a higher chance (yep)
- All dungeon enemies now have a chance to drop the Blunderbuss (pew pew)
- Elder minotaur has a new visual and attack pattern and a drop-able skull accessory for summoners (Yay, summoners!)
- Icy shards are no longer craftable, instead they drop from all Snow biome enemies, vanilla or thorium
- To compensate the new way to craft icy items, they are slightly stronger (Icy armor has a new bonus effect and icy weapons apply frost burn longer)
- Mech bosses now drop a crafting item, for some pretty powerful items (Retinazer and Spazmatism will drop them separately; grab that loot!)
- Two new items for a new type of weapon; Barriers! (Enchanted and Mechanical)
- Enchanted shield has a received a buff (I suppose it needed it)
- Some other goodies can be found if you look hard enough
- Enjoy!

Last edited:
Here's a little update to celebrate r15 and fix some annoying bugs that should have been changed for a long time. Might take me a bit to update the OP.
-Before updating, I would remove your armors from any mannequins you have. They'll get changed/deleted! you can set them back after you've updated.
Change Log
- You can now put armor on Womannaquins (Actual Female variants for armor is a work in progress)
- Monsters SHOULD spawn in multiplayer dedicated servers now (Town NPC's still do not unfortunately, I'm working on it)
- Demon Blood Armor has been refurbished (cleaner tooltips and new effect for the chest piece)
- Dread armor has been refurbished (Cleaner tooltips and Set bonus works properly, beware the speed!)
- Terrarium Armor has been refurbished (More damage, more crit, more health, more mana, just more!)
- Terrarium Defender and Particle Sprinters have been changed around slightly
- New Terrarium Wings (Start flying with a complete Terrarium set!)
- Once again, Terrarium weapons have received a buff
- Berserker Shards, Harbinger Catalysts, Crimson Hyper Shard and Dread Souls have had their recipes changed (easier to obtain essentially)
- Condensed Thorium is now much easier to craft (requires Chlorophyte Ore now, instead of ectoplasm)
- Obsidian Shards now requires a piece of Hellstone to craft (Was too easy to craft before)
- Hornets drop more stingers and more frequently, Corruptors drop Vitamins at a higher chance, Icy tortoise drop frozen turtle shells at a higher chance (yep)
- Icy shards are no longer craftable, instead they drop from all Snow biome enemies, vanilla or thorium
- To compensate the new way to craft icy items, they are slightly stronger (Icy armor has a new bonus effect and icy weapons apply frost burn longer)
- Mech bosses now drop a crafting item, for some pretty powerful items (Retinazer and Spazmatism will drop them separately; grab that loot!)
- Two new items for a new type of weapon; Barriers! (Enchanted and Mechanical)
- Some other goodies can be found if you look hard enough
- Enjoy!
Nice update ! Will it work with tAPI r14a though ?

I don't know if there have been other fixes to this but my friend and I can't get npcs to spawn when there are items required for them to spawn. The weapon master and zombie have spawned but we can't get any others to spawn. Plus I've noticed a general lacking of the special mobs besides obsidian wariors and the normal cave monsters. Any suggestions?

I don't know if there have been other fixes to this but my friend and I can't get npcs to spawn when there are items required for them to spawn. The weapon master and zombie have spawned but we can't get any others to spawn. Plus I've noticed a general lacking of the special mobs besides obsidian wariors and the normal cave monsters. Any suggestions?
The Town NPC's not spawning is a known issue on multiplayer dedicated servers, I'm working on a fix, but have you and your friend updated yet? That should fix the other monsters not spawning.

Been getting this crash on my server whenever someone uses the sparkling jelly ball. The client's fine, but the server crashes:

DfXAWEq.png

Been getting this crash on my server whenever someone uses the sparkling jelly ball. The client's fine, but the server crashes:

DfXAWEq.png
This crash happens whenever a custom flail is used. I know from experience.
I really hope that multiplayer is better supported by tAPI AND modders in the future, because as of now nothing works.

Small little quick fix! Doesn't add a whole lot, but I had a list of things I was gonna add and forgot to include these!
Change Log
- Magma ore is no longer craftable, instead in generates at near underworld level (That means you'll need a new world :sigh:)
- Magma Cores require smooth coal to craft now (Magma items used to be infinitly OP)
- Feathers now have a 100% drop chance from harpys (makes flight armor and items easier to make)
- Darksteel Alloy has a slightly different visual and requires one less smooth coal to craft
- Enjoy I suppose

i managed to run this on mac for like 5 minutes , then it crashed .-.
guess ill have to wait for tapi to be suppported by mac or something. its a shame , this mod was one of the main reasons i got pc version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom