tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got terraria on GOG.com, and that doesn't seem to work with mods. Does anyone know if it does?
If I am recalling correctly, tAPI and Game Launcher both require a valid Steam copy of Terraria, with no way around that currently. Some standalone mods (eg. N-Terraria and Exxo Avalon) may not, but I do not know for certain.

tAPI will work on the GoG version, as will the custom world generator. Game Launcher is Steam (eww) version only, but you don't need it for running mods.

Also, could Thorium+ give us crafting recipes for the lava charm and water walking boots, so I don't have to generate 20 worlds to find the blasted things? I really want to make FireStorm boots.
It would actually be nice to have recipes for some of the other annoying to find stuff as well (the sand and blizzard jars come to mind). They could always require hardmode materials to balance it a bit, like frost cores for blizzard jar.

Last edited:
ca652487ef00942e3a5f012e57d1d0ca.png

Dno 5 days is it wrong to have these items already?

I've been considering this little update I've been working on to celebrate tAPI r15. It adds some fun little items, SHOULD fix enemy spawns in dedicated servers, adds women visuals on armors, fixes rare drop chances (such as vitamins, frozen turtle shell, stingers, Vines, etc.) and adds some new drops to vanilla enemies. But I'm not so sure...

I've been considering this little update I've been working on to celebrate tAPI r15. It adds some fun little items, SHOULD fix enemy spawns in dedicated servers, adds women visuals on armors, fixes rare drop chances (such as vitamins, frozen turtle shell, stingers, Vines, etc.) and adds some new drops to vanilla enemies. But I'm not so sure...
Oh.. Oh my! Yes please! You have the most wonderful mod here on these forums and I have been following the updates for quite a few months now. When you said that it probably wouldn't be updated until 1.3 I cried a little inside.. But these little updates you have released since have been amazing, unexpected, and I am grateful that you continue to work on it. Definitely makes my day every time I see that there is an update :naughty:

This is a slightly annoying bug in that my game crashes every 5 minutes, showing this error every time (Don't know if this is too long, but, anyway):
>>> 16:23:39 <<<
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.NextNPC()
at Terraria.WorldGen.SpawnNPC(System.Int32 x, System.Int32 y)
at Terraria.WorldGen.UpdateWorld()
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

>>> 19:44:42 <<<

>>> 20:24:55 <<<

>>> 20:29:47 <<<
System.ObjectDisposedException: This object has already been disposed.
Object name: 'SoundEffect'.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.CreateInstance()
at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect effect, System.Single X = -1, System.Single Y = -1, System.Boolean useInstance = False, Terraria.Main+ShouldPlayDelegate shouldPlayDel = , System.Single panMod = NaN, System.Single volumeMod = NaN, System.Single pitchMod = NaN)
at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(System.Int32 type, System.Int32 x = -1, System.Int32 y = -1, System.Int32 Style = 1)
at TAPI.Menu.MoveTo(System.String page, System.Boolean silent = False)
at Terraria.Main.<UpdateReal>b__8()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

>>> 20:40:01 <<<

>>> 23:55:23 <<<

>>> 23:57:25 <<<

Please do this, 1 month for the 1.3 is too long ..

tAPI will work on the GoG version, as will the custom world generator. Game Launcher is Steam (eww) version only, but you don't need it for running mods.

Also, could Thorium+ give us crafting recipes for the lava charm and water walking boots, so I don't have to generate 20 worlds to find the blasted things? I really want to make FireStorm boots.
It would actually be nice to have recipes for some of the other annoying to find stuff as well (the sand and blizzard jars come to mind). They could always require hardmode materials to balance it a bit, like frost cores for blizzard jar.
thanks for the info but i tried it and it's working :happy:

If any one is awake, I have a question. I have yet to update Diverman's latest update. I went on for the first time in almost six weeks- and it's 4am, noticed Version 15 of tApi is out. Now, I'm an impatient gal. My husband is asleep, and I'm THIS close to waking his behind up to update tApi- I downloaded it and everything. He takes care of all of this, but I'm tired of having to rely on him to do things to my system. can someone please give me instructions on how to replace the r14 with r 15? is it simple, or, will it as I suspect, break things if I try it myself? If it's simple, someone please tell me. I just want to learn how to do this on my own! I know hubby does this for a living and is REALLY good at it, but, really, It'd be nice if I could do it myself. Sorry for the rambling. This version has something suuuuuuper special that I've been patiently waiting for.

If any one is awake, I have a question. I have yet to update Diverman's latest update. I went on for the first time in almost six weeks- and it's 4am, noticed Version 15 of tApi is out. Now, I'm an impatient gal. My husband is asleep, and I'm THIS close to waking his behind up to update tApi- I downloaded it and everything. He takes care of all of this, but I'm tired of having to rely on him to do things to my system. can someone please give me instructions on how to replace the r14 with r 15? is it simple, or, will it as I suspect, break things if I try it myself? If it's simple, someone please tell me. I just want to learn how to do this on my own! I know hubby does this for a living and is REALLY good at it, but, really, It'd be nice if I could do it myself. Sorry for the rambling. This version has something suuuuuuper special that I've been patiently waiting for.
just a warning: there might be a few minor/semi-minor bugs here and there on some mods..but anyways to reinstall tapi you just redownload tapi itself and put that folder into the same folder as the original tapi is..so click the start button at the bottom left corner of your screen, then type in "tapi" into the search bar..find that folder icon (not the tree icons) then just drag and drop all of the things in that folder into the new tapi folder you just downloaded :D

See? Superhc???? You are living up to your name!!! THANK you!!! finally, I can turn back my clock and play my halloween in peace. Above ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom