Game Mechanics Toggling the visual effects of armor on and off

I went to take a look at the Armor article for you, and these armors also leave an effect:

Molten/Meteor Armor:Flaming effect behind you.
Jungle Armor:Grass particle effect behind you.
Ninja Armor:After image.
Shadow/Ancient Shadow:After image+Color change on rocket boots.
Crimson Armor:Emits red particles.
Cobalt Armor:After image.
Adamantine Armor/Spooky Armor: pulsating outline around you.
Frost Armor:Snow effect when walking
Hallowed Armor: pulsing Outline+After image.

Also, Necro and Frost armor replace your pain sounds with Bone and Ice shattering sounds

EDIT:Fixed Sprites

I went to take a look at the Armor article for you, and these armors also leave an effect:

Molten/Meteor Armor:Flaming effect behind you.
Jungle Armor:Grass particle effect behind you.
Ninja Armor:After image.
Shadow/Ancient Shadow:After image+Color change on rocket boots.
Crimson Armor:Emits red particles.
Cobalt Armor:After image.
Adamantine Armor/Spooky Armor:pulsating outline around you.
Frost Armor:Snow effect when walking
Hallowed Armor:pulsing Outline+After image.

Also, Necro and Frost armor replace your pain sounds with Bone and Ice shattering sounds
Thank you, this saved me some time xD

My only qualm with this is that you can easily forget you have the buffs, so for example "Why can I not use my Solar shield? It's broken or something. This is bad. <dies>" or "Why am I moving so slow? Is this an unintended bug? Devs pls fix".

Maybe there should still be something to indicate you have these buffs other than the ones in the topleft corner underneath your hotbar, but make it significantly smaller or make it a minor detail rather than showing the whole thing.

My only qualm with this is that you can easily forget you have the buffs, so for example "Why can I not use my Solar shield? It's broken or something. This is bad. <dies>" or "Why am I moving so slow? Is this an unintended bug? Devs pls fix".

Maybe there should still be something to indicate you have these buffs other than the ones in the topleft corner underneath your hotbar, but make it significantly smaller or make it a minor detail rather than showing the whole thing.
Hmm... I suppose that could happen. Right now my only idea is to place the buff icons for things like the Stardust Guardian below the hearts, at the top right portion of the screen? That would make it easier to see if the buff your armor provides is active.

Added a few more armors to the suggestion that a missed. I can't believe I forgot about the Titanium set... definitely one of the worst offenders.

Back
Top Bottom