Toughest mechanical boss you have ever fought!

So really, which one pissed you off?

• Total voters
In my latest world, I pretty much destroyed them all with daedalus + holy arrows, but in my first world, I had a bunch of trouble beating the destroyer and took me quite a while before i could do it.

I personally found Skeletron Prime to be the hardest among the three. When I finally got Titanium armor I usually would have Cursed Fire or Golden Shower, I stayed away from the biome Mimics as they are very difficult to fight without good preparations and I really have bad luck getting the souls. When they spawn either naturally or from their summoning items, I always use the natural environment for the battle, yes, no arena.
The Destroyer takes some skills to fight with Golden Shower, and it was lucky that I can get enough mana stars to continue the battle, takes around 6-7 minutes.
The Twins were easy, just fire at them and fly diagonally when Spazmatism is in second phrase, that will cause him to miss most of the time unless your wings expire, just remember to buy enough Greater mana potion and have a mana flower, takes about 3 minutes. Retinazer is just meh.
Skeletron Prime is another story altogether, I can dodge the Prime Saw and Vice most of the time, but that will cause my spells to miss the head. If I try to hit the head I will get hit by the Saw and Vice, even if I summoned him at 7:30 p.m. exactly, I always run out of time, just about ~30 health remaining at 4:30 a.m. Eventually I farmed for Broken Hero Blades and finally brought down the battle with True Excalibur, the battle lasted for 5-6 minutes.

Could you tell me what melee set and weapons did you use?
Titanium melee set + a spear + Cross Necklace/Star Veil + other accessories. That combo is usually good enough to defeat Destroyer. Also, make all the potions you can, add a campfire and a heart lantern to your arena. If you want to, you can also add a few walls to block the lasers. And kill the probes as soon as you can or you'll get swarmed.

Hmm... The current polls are at an equilibrium. Thought there might be some mechanical boss hated by most.
@eboLag.exe Thanks for the combo. I usually resorted to explosives connected to a timer to finish him off while my spiders handled the probes.:p

I had to have spent at least 30 hours of trying to find ways to beat the destroyer. After that, all of the other mechanicals I beat like raw egg.

hahahaha... xD
i love the balaced votes!

p.s.:
The Destroyer is very easy
The Twins are annoying
and Seletron prime is a bit more annoying than the eyes...

Well well well. It seems people are starting to hate the money machine but some still have the destroyer in their income sources.
Its probably because of the 1.3 update maybe because I heard a few people talking about it. But I don't get the difference and, probably, will ever be able to.

Skeletron prime is the easiest one imo. Let me tell a story.

I was doing a normal-mode summoner run, and after killing wof, I went to farm for the spider gear. After getting enough spider fangs, I went back to base, and suddenly, "the air is getting colder around you". And this was the first night in hardmode.

I killed it with the spider gear I had. I had no wings, no other hardmode accessories, no greater potions, no buffs. I did not have any background walls in my arena for the spiders. I only used summon damage. The only tricky part about the battle was dealing damage; when it died, three seconds later the day music started to play.:sigh:

Twins was by far my hardest, but that's because conventional tactics generally don't work on them. Destroyer was pretty easy using magic and a ruthless nimbus rod. Skeletron i used clorophyte bullets against and used and asphalt runway to dodge. But the twins... oh boy the twins... even the runway tactic was not 100% doable.

The hardest Mechanical boss always seems to change for me as I continue playing the game. Back in 1.1 I could never legitimately defeat any of the mech bosses and the Twins were the hardest of all of them because it felt like dodging their laser attacks was impossible. Even with 100-200 hours of gameplay back then it wasn't enough. Then when I eventually became able to defeat the mechanical bosses, the Twins became the easiest to defeat. The Destroyer was the most difficult because I couldn't defeat it without the box method, which felt like it was cheesing it. Skeletron Prime was also difficult however because it felt difficult to hit it as it dodged around you the player. By the end of 1.2 The Mech Bosses weren't too bad overall.

Then comes 1.3, Expert Mode along with 700 hours of gameplay experience this time The Twins take their place as the hardest mech boss as I had to defeat Skeletron Prime 1st this time. The Daedalus Stormbow made quick work of Skeletron and the Destroyer with the Shield of Cthulhu helping to dodge all the lasers and saws. When it came to the Twins I still needed buffs and 500 hp to finally defeat them and awaken the Jungle. (As of this post where my 1st Expert Playthrough is concluded. I have ~900 hours of gameplay put into Terraria) I've come a long way compared to where I was back in 1.1. With the most difficult mech boss ultimately being the Twins in Expert Mode the same as it was before. But dodging its laser attacks certainly isn't impossible like I thought back then.

Usually the Twins, as the Destroyer can be easily fought with a Cutlass (For the probes) and a weapon that can damage several segments. (ironically, it's usually the mech that kills me the most because I usually fight it first), and Skeletron Prime can be easily taken down once you get rid of it's limbs, and the laser usually gives me the most trouble, so it becomes rather easy after taking them down. Another reason is that the Twins are the only mechs that actually become stronger after taking enough damage, as the Destroyer can't shoot from segments which have deployed probes, and Skeletron Prime's limbs can be taken down separately.

All using Turtle Powah!
First Crimson Mimic drop I got was the Fetid Baghnakhs, so with that and a Cross Necklace I just stood there and obliterated the Destroyer. I love those frikin' claws!!!
Used Meteorite bullets in a box plus the claws with Prime, took some time with my Megashark but I won, gloriously.
The Twins took me the longest, died the first time but eventually took down Spazy and then his ugly brother Reti. I hate them both.

I might not have had clorophyte bullets, that's true. Might just have been megashark with meteorite bullets aswell. It was a while so the memory is a little hazy. But i know i used megashark.

Recommended ammo:
Meteorite Bullets for Destroyer
Crystal/Exploding Bullets for Twins
Crystal Bullets for Skellytron Prime

Back
Top Bottom