tModLoader Tremor Remastered [discontinued]

Do you like Tremor Mod? (If "No" please tell why)

• Yes!

Votes: 1,490 86.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 241 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are multiple parallaxes for each biome that is generated upon world creation. It could be that just this one is borked, and not the rest of them, and that the Menu Screen randomly chooses one parallax which is why you only see the glitch every so often. Your world might not have -this- parallax.
Possibly. I mean if it's not bothering anything I'm not concerned about it. Lol

Possibly. I mean if it's not bothering anything I'm not concerned about it. Lol

*nods* I was more posting a curiosity wondering if it is a known issue. Could look really strange/weird in-game if you were to happen to get this one lol.

Dead NPCs are not respawning anymore.

Which NPCs? Some NPCs require an item to spawn again: Elf, Demolitionist, Arms Dealer.

If these die and you don't have the item to spawn them, they won't respawn until you get such item. That's why I always keep a gun, a bomb, and now with this mod, a present in my piggybank so that if these guys die, I can pull the item out so they will respawn.

Which NPCs? Some NPCs require an item to spawn again: Elf, Demolitionist, Arms Dealer.

If these die and you don't have the item to spawn them, they won't respawn until you get such item. That's why I always keep a gun, a bomb, and now with this mod, a present in my piggybank so that if these guys die, I can pull the item out so they will respawn.

I have the Minishark but my Arms Dealer will not respawn. Also, my Guide is gone.

Also of note, I have a present in my inventory but havent gotten the Elf to spawn yet.

I have the Minishark but my Arms Dealer will not respawn. Also, my Guide is gone.

Also of note, I have a present in my inventory but havent gotten the Elf to spawn yet.

Any events going on? And it requires daytime for NPCs to spawn, etc.

Any events going on? And it requires daytime for NPCs to spawn, etc.

It has been several days ingame since they died (both during goblin invasion.

Since then I've had 2 blood moons and 2 Eye spawns and they haven't come back yet, which is unfortunate seeing as I'm out of bullets.

It has been several days ingame since they died (both during goblin invasion.

Since then I've had 2 blood moons and 2 Eye spawns and they haven't come back yet, which is unfortunate seeing as I'm out of bullets.

And you've double-checked your houses and made sure you have open houses for them to move back into? There's more, new NPCs in Tremor... gotta make sure you've got more houses than ever. Have you also tried opening the map to make sure they didn't move into some spot you didn't even know was a house?

Check the sky islands, and any living trees -- if you placed a torch in any of these, they become valid houses.

And you've double-checked your houses and made sure you have open houses for them to move back into? There's more, new NPCs in Tremor... gotta make sure you've got more houses than ever. Have you also tried opening the map to make sure they didn't move into some spot you didn't even know was a house?

Check the sky islands, and any living trees -- if you placed a torch in any of these, they become valid houses.

I'm using an infinity house, which has worked this entire time for spawning, plus my workshop is a vacant house. I've not found any Sky Islands or Living trees in this run, nor have I gotten any spawn messages. I've got about 1k+ hours in this game since Beta, so I know the tricks for vanilla. Just weird that no one has respawned yet.

I'm using an infinity house, which has worked this entire time for spawning, plus my workshop is a vacant house. I've not found any Sky Islands or Living trees in this run, nor have I gotten any spawn messages. I've got about 1k+ hours in this game since Beta, so I know the tricks for vanilla. Just weird that no one has respawned yet.

An infinity house? You mean designing the house in a special shape to get multiple NPCs to move into one house?

Sounds like you bugged the NPC spawning system. Try building enough unique houses for everybody and disable the infinity house and see if they move in.

If this is what I think you mean, then you're attempting to exploit a glitch in the game's housing system, a glitch that I've found to be unreliable at best. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that exploiting the glitch is probably the problem. Try doing it fair and square?

An infinity house? You mean designing the house in a special shape to get multiple NPCs to move into one house?

Sounds like you bugged the NPC spawning system. Try building enough unique houses for everybody and disable the infinity house and see if they move in.

Never bugged it before, and yes. It's specially shaped "house" that allows all the NPCs to move into one house. Really useful for small bases, but maybe Tremor doesn't like it much.

Never bugged it before, and yes. It's specially shaped "house" that allows all the NPCs to move into one house. Really useful for small bases, but maybe Tremor doesn't like it much.

It could be a bug having to do with "X" NPCs, and the Vanilla game doesn't have enough NPCs for the bug to show up?

It could be a bug having to do with "X" NPCs, and the Vanilla game doesn't have enough NPCs for the bug to show up?

Still in PreHM. Like I said, they had no trouble initially spawning but no one is respawning. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen the Travelling Salesman in a long while either.

Edit: disabling the mods didn't help. Building more houses hasn't turned up any results. Turn out my Demolitionist is also gone, and I have plenty of bombs in my inventory to respawn.

I'd really love it if someone who has had this happen could give me a heads up if this is normal. I could restart the world if necessary, but I'd love to figure out what happened first so it can be fixed.

Last edited:
Still in PreHM. Like I said, they had no trouble initially spawning but no one is respawning. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen the Travelling Salesman in a long while either.

Edit: disabling the mods didn't help. Building more houses hasn't turned up any results. Turn out my Demolitionist is also gone, and I have plenty of bombs in my inventory to respawn.

I'd really love it if someone who has had this happen could give me a heads up if this is normal. I could restart the world if necessary, but I'd love to figure out what happened first so it can be fixed.

Did you also disable (remove all the light fixtures) the infinity house and move *everybody* out of it?

Did you also disable (remove all the light fixtures) the infinity house and move *everybody* out of it?

Yes.

Edit: So I tried something odd. I killed all my NPCs, tore everything down, then built a single regular house. First thing to happen is my Arms Dealer came back.

Wut.

Last edited:
Yes.

Edit: So I tried something odd. I killed all my NPCs, tore everything down, then built a single regular house. First thing to happen is my Arms Dealer came back.

Wut.

LOL.

Well build some more houses then.

Yeah, it sounds like the infinity house thing is... not something to play around with.

And you really don't have to destroy all of your houses, just removing all of the lights should suffice.

LOL.

Well build some more houses then.

Yeah, it sounds like the infinity house thing is... not something to play around with.

And you really don't have to destroy all of your houses, just removing all of the lights should suffice.

Yep, eople are spawning now which is good. I'm not sure the infinity house was a big deal, seeing as everyone spawned just fine. They just didn't respawn til I tore everything down :p

Yep, eople are spawning now which is good. I'm not sure the infinity house was a big deal, seeing as everyone spawned just fine. They just didn't respawn til I tore everything down :p
Could be an issue with them trying to respawn in a house that already had someone in it maybe? Might just happen to to only bug out when they die after being in an infinity house.

Could be an issue with them trying to respawn in a house that already had someone in it maybe? Might just happen to to only bug out when they die after being in an infinity house.

Strong possibility, but I had available housing elsewhere. Funny stuff all around, but I guess I'll have to make some cubicles now :p

Strong possibility, but I had available housing elsewhere. Funny stuff all around, but I guess I'll have to make some cubicles now :p
I unno. You might have but because of how infinity housing works it was probably just trying to cycle them back in to that specific house but couldn't because someone was already in there. I unno. Could always test it out later on another save or something and see if the same issue arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom