Items True Eye Staff

TimeyMarey007

Skeletron Prime
The Moon Lord gives us two summoner staffs, Lunar Portal Staff and Rainbow Crystal Staff.
Well, both are sentries and we don't get any normal staffs. I think we need an orthodox minion staff.

The True Eye Staff is a new drop from the Moon Lord.
Onto the stats:

Damage: 77
Mana: 10
Velocity: 10
Rarity: Red
Tooltip: Summons a True Eye of Cthulhu to fight for you
Grants buff: True Eye of Cthulhu
Buff tooltip: The True Eye of Cthulhu will fight for you

So, what does it do?
It summons a miniature version of the True Eye of Cthulhu.
Now, yes. They follow the same attacks the True Eyes of Cthulhu do.
In order: Phantasmal Bolt, Phantasmal Eye and Phantasmal Deathray, each attack deals roughly the same damage
And no, to keep things balanced, they won't noclip through blocks. ;)

Phantasmal Bolt: Summons bolts of energy that will home into enemies.
Phantasmal Eye: Summons six eyes around it that will fly into the direction of the enemies, able to pierce.
Phantasmal Deathray: Shoots a deathray in a clockwise direction that will be able to pierce through enemies.

You can suggest me to add or change a few things.
If possible, sprites can be greatly appreciated. :)

No support. It unbalances the weapon-type drops from the moon lord. The stardust dragon is powerful enough, and adding a minion that does almost double the damage is overpowering.

Moonlord doesn't drop any minion staffs because you can craft them already. Same why he doesn't drop Spears or Flails, or Magic Tomes. You can already craft them endgame.

Not a big fan of it being a drop, unless you add two more drops for Rangers and Mages. Plus, I think if everyone gets a new drop it should be Terra themed like the Terrarian. IMO, it should be called the True Optic Staff, crafted with Luminite (10?) and an Optic Staff.

Back
Top Bottom