IC Unknown World (IC)

C-093 leads Chir' to another room.
Streyll is lying down inside of the room.

"You have also been given a flamethrower."

<<Hello C-104-1.>>

"I forgot to mention it. Anyway, the flamethrower is partly mechanical, and partly biological. The biological component creates fuel, and the mechanical part stores it and helps propel it through a tube that goes through your throat and out of your mouth, with another biological component to ignite. Your flamethrower tank is in your chest, and is currently empty. It takes three hours to go from empty to full, and contains five litres of fuel. Unfortunately, it has the same problem C-104-1's venom modification has, and that is you will never stop producing fuel. Once your fuel tank is full you have twenty minutes before it reaches a dangerous pressure, and the same things that could happen to C-104-1's venom happen to your fuel. You may also feel discomfort in your neck when looking left due to the tube in your neck, and your fuel tank is somewhat heavy when full."

<<What 'enhancements' have they given you this time?>>

"If the pressure gets too high, you may accidently spray fuel out of where your normally would when using the flamethrower, however your body will not ignite it unless you choose to, as those parts of you are separate. If the pressure cannot be released that way however, fuel will begin leaking into your blood. For C-104-1 their venom does not pose a significant risk when in their blood, but your fuel does pose a risk. It is not toxic to you, but it is fuel, so having it in your blood is not good. And if fuel starts leaking into your blood, it will not leak fast enough fo relieve the pressure in your tank, which will cause your tank to expand and crush other organs, until it ruptures and floods your body with fuel. Our estimates show that once your tank is full, you have one hour to relieve the pressure before your tank ruptures."

<<They gave me blades and nanites as well, however they also added small tanks of acid into my forelimbs to allow me to release acid when I claw someone. However, it also has the same problem that your venom has, as they added things to me so my body produces the acid, and apparently if I do not release the acid it will flow into my blood and melt parts of my body. Due to the position of the tanks however, I was able to see them as they were installed, and although they are mostly metal, they are also partly organic. When I asked them about it they said it was partly due to how my body produces the acid, however the organic components are also meant to expand when the tanks fill.>>

"Another note is that your tank fits in your body better when empty. While it fills it expands, even before it reaches critical pressure, so it may press on part of your flesh and be rather uncomfortable while filling, and when full it is expected to be uncomfortable, and may also restrict movement. An option we recommend when not using your flamethrower is to slowly burn off excess fuel in your mouth."

<<Interesting...>>
He'd then spit out some venom into the wall.
<<Do you have a safe way to release the acid? I mean, my venom won't cause any harm as long as I don't hit anyone with it but acid's a fair bit more dangerous.>>

"Oh, and do I need to do that manually, or can I just make it happen automatically?"

<<No. All I am able to do is release it through my claws, and to make sure I do not end up in my own acid. They said I will be given something later which will prevent my body from being affected by my own acid.>>

"Just set it so you constantly release a small amount of fuel, then light it and make sure the flow of fuel is enough to keep the fire burning, but not too much that you don't use it fast enough, or too little that you run out and the fire goes out. We plan on injecting you with something later that will make you resistant to heat and fire."

(The only main characters that have been captured are Chir' and Dijth, unless you count Streyll and Izviing, but they were introduced as prisoners. As for how well known they are, not very well, but there are few people that know.)

Back
Top Bottom