Serious Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elk

Terrarian
So, in this current day and age, everyone seems to have an opinion on everything. Its always if something is good or bad, there never seems to be a middle ground.

There's always one mainstream opinion to something, like, "This show is bad" or "The book was better than the movie."
The thing is, although that is the common and more popular opinion, different people do sometimes have different thoughts on the matter, but because of how much of a minority they are they are afraid to voice their opinion as it would quickly get trampled all over by the most popular opinion.

The point of this thread is to state your opinions, opinions that most of society might disagree with.

It could be something like,
"You enjoy Brussel sprouts"
"You think the second Percy Jackson movie was good"
"You think that the movie of the Hobbit is better than the book"
"You like superman 64"
"You enjoyed Sonic '06"

In this thread I want you all to not be rude to other people because of their opinions. Its ok to disagree with them, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right. Just because someone might think something different to the rest of society doesn't mean they're wrong, and it most certainly doesn't mean you can just be a complete douche to them.

Of course, I'm not just going to start something like this and not put into it myself.
I hate raspberries. Everyone I know seems to think they are amazing; friends, family, teachers, everyone loves them. I don't.

What about you guys? What are your unpopular opinions?

Last edited:
I conflict with the average person pretty badly due to my wildly different views on life to the general populace. Cant think of anything really specific right now though, maybe once some examples pop up here.

Mine came from visiting 4Chan at one point a few weeks ago, and finding out what the place is ACTUALLY like. It's not unified at all, its more like a bunch of different forums under one site, and only a few out of a massive number of boards actually act like what everyone thinks. The other boards have actual decent people on them, and theres even a board for LGBT. I already got hate for not despising them on TO, though it barely bothers me and somehow advocating not hating something without knowing what you're talking about made me a Closet Channer, which I'm now looking for a shirt for because that was just plain hilarious.

Down here in Louisiana, Pacific Rim did really badly but I consider it one of my all time favorite movies.

Unpopular opinions, I got me some of those!

I think Pokemon Black and White 1 are among the worst main series Pokemon games.
I dunno if this is unpopular, but I think critical HP music was the worst feature they added in Pokemon Gen 5.
The Oracle games are my favorite Zelda games.
I think Gundam AGE isn't anywhere near the worst Gundam show. (Until the last arc, but that being godawful is a popular opinion.)
I like Super Smash Bros. Brawl over Melee.

Reactions: Elk
I conflict with the average person pretty badly due to my wildly different views on life to the general populace. Cant think of anything really specific right now though, maybe once some examples pop up here.
Can agree with that on such a deep level man.

So to start listing a few:
  • I dislike seeing people waste their time watching/listening to anything the mainstream media :red:s out
  • I dislike watching people eat :red:ty foods, as a vegan and someone who likes to feel healthy, this hurts so much
  • I dislike how school is structured to get you functioning as a part of a team and obeying orders from superior
  • I dislike having to watch the world as it pays little attention to some of the larger problems because they are too busy posting absolutely useless statuses about nicki minaj or some other :red:

I don't care about MLP, Pewdiepie, Justin Bieber or anything similar (something that has a cult following it), I hate the people who follow it and show it off everywhere shoving their beloved thing in every hole possible and creating more holes to place them.

I am mildly annoyed by everyone having their avatars suggestive eyebrows or the cultists.

I don't care about MLP, Pewdiepie, Justin Bieber or anything similar (something that has a cult following it), I hate the people who follow it and show it off everywhere shoving their beloved thing in every hole possible and creating more holes to place them.

I am mildly annoyed by everyone having their avatars suggestive eyebrows or the cultists.
Agreed on this first part. I think you already know my stance on .gifs ;)

Some of my unpopular opinions include:

Nature (And life in itself) is evil and I hate it.
Death is a positive thing, and I see nothing wrong in killing (Depending on context)
As such, abortion is acceptable (It's not "murder")
As an extension of the above mentioned - I think suicide is a valid option, and anyone should be allowed to die on their own terms without being guilt tripped by pro-lifers and aided if necessary.

I have a few others, but unfortunately they're 100% bound to start a flame war, so I can't share it.

Some of my unpopular opinions include:

Nature (And life in itself) is evil and I hate it.
Death is a positive thing, and I see nothing wrong in killing (Depending on context)
As such, abortion is acceptable (It's not "murder")
As an extension of the above mentioned - I think suicide is a valid option, and anyone should be allowed to die on their own terms without being guilt tripped by pro-lifers and aided if necessary.

I have a few others, but unfortunately they're 100% bound to start a flame war, so I can't share it.
I think what you said is mor then enough to start a flamewar, so just keep going :)

I think what you said is mor then enough to start a flamewar, so just keep going :)
Stahp nu!

Well you certainly have some different opinions to the mainstream, of course what I said in the original post still stands.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you or the norm it DOES NOT mean they are wrong, and it gives NO EXCUSE to be rude to them.
So no one start any flame wars

The trick is to not care about what others think of what you think. I like some mainstream things, while others I don't get at all.

Anime: I don't like Madoka, RWBY, and the only harem show I ever bothered liking was Negima - and I got thanked for it with a non-ending - I also fell asleep during the third episode of Kill La Kill.
Games: Halo should have ended with Halo 1, Final Fantasy is the most boring JRPG saga ever (moreso than the Xeno saga) Tomb Raider's only saving point is Lara's breasts, and real-time strategy games are too easy. Also, "I wanna be the guy" is not difficult, and shields itself behind its fake difficulty to hide its real face: an unoriginal mash-up of other games with no identity.

Edit: Life:
- I don't believe in religions. I do believe there is something watching over us, and it's surely laughing its :red: off at all the zealous cults created around them.
- My country's habit of jailing policemen who kill well-known criminals is disgusting. They should not go to jail for killing a rapist or murderer. They should get a medal, a pat in the back, and a bonus.
- I don't really care about what world we're leaving to future generations - I won't be around.
- I don't see marriage as anything but an unneeded formality. It's simply a ritual to feel worthy of loving someone because a religion or political party says so - and I don't think either of those sources have any saying on who one should fall in love with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom