tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

I can't seem to Veinmine platinum at the moment. The specific context was using a Deathbringer Pick in the Aquatic Depths (which spawns the opposite Gold-tier ore of a world), though I don't know how relevant that is.

Hey, if you are still getting the glitch where it mines everything but ores after updating, completely delete the mod and reinstall it. After doing so it works perfectly so far!

Is there any way to enable the veine mining permanently? I also get crashes from veine mining :/

edit: btw i just found out that the crashes were caused by a conflict with the terraria overhaul mod, just disabled it and it goes fine

Last edited:
Is there any way to enable the veine mining permanently? I also get crashes from veine mining :/
As of right now you can bind the VeinMine hotkey to the mouse button.
Could you go to "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs", remove all logs, launch Terraria and play until it crashes, then attach all the logs in a conversation with me?

Holy :red: Nanobotz. You've been working relentlessly on this mod for the past few days! Really good job with the quick fixes. I'm gonna do a clean mod-run and see if VeinMiner alone causes any more trouble. Hopefully I'll remember to give you some feedback! :3

Updated the mod to 1.1.6
- Added distance check when starting to VeinMine, so players have lesser probability to trigger VeinMine for each other (also can't mine with explosives without taking the risk of exploding yourself)
- Added a "Invert Veinmine Hotkey" config line, which allows the player to VeinMine when NOT holding the Veinmine hotkey (disables Veinmining when holding the hotkey)
- VeinMiner should be less impactful on performance

Last edited:
Havent found any issues yet. It seems to work perfectly! Thank you so much for the amazing updates! No more broken bases... ;-)

+1

Thanks for the invert key setting. I found it annoying to hold down the key while mining to trigger the vein mining effect.

For some reason, I can't get this to work on any modded ores. I have too many mods running to list them all, but I don't suspect any of them should get in the way of vein mining. Your method checks to see if a tile drops an item with ore in the name right? Other mods shouldn't mess with that. I even see a gif in the first post of mining modded ores, so I'm not sure why it isn't working for me.

Thanks for the invert key setting. I found it annoying to hold down the key while mining to trigger the vein mining effect.

For some reason, I can't get this to work on any modded ores. I have too many mods running to list them all, but I don't suspect any of them should get in the way of vein mining. Your method checks to see if a tile drops an item with ore in the name right? Other mods shouldn't mess with that. I even see a gif in the first post of mining modded ores, so I'm not sure why it isn't working for me.
If your using thorium, its ores arnt classified as ores so thats why at least that mod doesnt veinmine

I'm going to release an update which will give players the possibility to add modded tiles to a whitelist in an easy in-game way. I'm still not sure what way and when, but I'll let you all know.

Last edited:
I'm going to release an update which will give players the possibility to add modded tiles to a whitelist in an easy in-game way. I'm still not sure what way and when, but I'll let you all know.
Sounds great! Calamity mod ores are all over the place and are a pain to mine pre-hardmode since they take so many hits

Updated the mod to 1.2
- Added new keybind called "Add tile to whitelist", simply aim at the tile you want to add and press it
- Added new keybind called "Remove tile from whitelist", simply aim at the tile you want to remove and press it
- Added the possibility to add/remove tiles to/from whitelist in-game (with the keybinds above)
- Added new config line called "ModOreNames"
- Added new config line called "PerformDistanceCheck"

Last edited:
Just to make sure it wasn't any odd mods causing problems, I decided to test out using only this mod, Cheat Sheet, Thorium, and Calamity. I also deleted the old config file by this mod so it would create a new one and add the whitelist setting. For some reason I still can't vein mine modded ores. Granted for testing, I did manually place them. I don't know if this mod detects any difference between hand placed or generated ores.

So I tried out the whitelist feature and it works great! Now I can vein mine any tile I want! Could you add the distance check to the config file too? Far reaching pickaxes like the Laser Drill doesn't seem to trigger a vein mine if used far away.

[...] Could you add the distance check to the config file too? Far reaching pickaxes like the Laser Drill doesn't seem to trigger a vein mine if used far away.
That may be unavoidable; I'm not sure, but it may be because of NanobotZ's fix to multiplayer Vein Mining (everyone was having it enabled when one person pressed the button).

Just to make sure it wasn't any odd mods causing problems, I decided to test out using only this mod, Cheat Sheet, Thorium, and Calamity. I also deleted the old config file by this mod so it would create a new one and add the whitelist setting. For some reason I still can't vein mine modded ores. Granted for testing, I did manually place them. I don't know if this mod detects any difference between hand placed or generated ores.

So I tried out the whitelist feature and it works great! Now I can vein mine any tile I want! Could you add the distance check to the config file too? Far reaching pickaxes like the Laser Drill doesn't seem to trigger a vein mine if used far away.
Unfortunately it will work only with regular pickaxes and drills, because the Laser Drill and other non-regular ways of mining are not modifying the in-game tile range variables the way regular tools do, and I had to implement the distance check somehow. Some day, maybe after a tModLoader patch or something I'd have a proper way of detecting which player mined which tile and then I'll fix it.

I could add the distance check config line though :D

Last edited:
i'm loving this mod but i got a quick question. is there a way to make it work with background walls? i'm trying to build where a giant hill was at and my golden hammer is too slow to get rid of the dirt wall blocks.

i'm loving this mod but i got a quick question. is there a way to make it work with background walls? i'm trying to build where a giant hill was at and my golden hammer is too slow to get rid of the dirt wall blocks.
It's currently not working on walls, maybe I'll add it one day but remember, this mod is supposed to work on ores, and ores aren't walls.

a random crash occurs when using this mod

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetGlobalItem(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem(Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem[T](Mod mod)
at ItemCustomizer.CustomizerMod.<>c.<Load>b__6_1(Int32 shaderID, Item item)
at ShaderLib.Shaders.ItemShader.PreDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single& rotation, Single& scale, Int32 whoAmI)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.PreDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single& rotation, Single& scale, Int32 whoAmI)
at Terraria.Main.DrawItem(Item item, Int32 whoami)
at Terraria.Main.DrawItems()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

Back
Top Bottom