NPCs & Enemies Voodoo Demon + Lava = ?

Nakano15

Terrarian
Yes, I'm doing it, don't try to stop me.

On Expert mode (and/or possibly Master Mode too), If a Voodoo Demon goes into lava, the Wall of Flesh will spawn if the guide is alive (killing him in the process), and the Voodoo Demon will turn into a normal Demon.

*Hides behind my desk and waits for the nukes*

On Expert mode (and/or possibly Master Mode too), If a Voodoo Demon goes into lava, the Wall of Flesh will spawn if the guide is alive (killing him in the process), and the Voodoo Demon will turn into a normal Demon.

I don't understand what you're suggesting. This is already in the game and I know you know that.

I don't understand what you're suggesting. This is already in the game and I know you know that.
The suggestion appears to be the Wall being spawnable without actually letting the Voodoo Doll drop into the lava.

If a Voodoo Demon touches lava, it consumes the Voodoo Doll and it turns into a regular Demon. This is contrast to recklessly killing a Voodoo Demon over lava and the Doll falling on its own.

I can't say I like this. It wouldn't be fun and it'd overstay its welcome after the second character dies to it. You basically can't go below lava level in Hell on a Hardcore character without being prepared for a fight else you just die with no input allowed.

You very obviously know this is a bad idea, yet you still try to suggest it?
I mean, I can't say I don't respect that, but yeah, n o.
Maybe in the :red:show that Master Mode will inevitably be, but certainly not Expert.

The suggestion appears to be the Wall being spawnable without actually letting the Voodoo Doll drop into the lava.

If a Voodoo Demon touches lava, it consumes the Voodoo Doll and it turns into a regular Demon. This is contrast to recklessly killing a Voodoo Demon over lava and the Doll falling on its own.

I can't say I like this. It wouldn't be fun and it'd overstay its welcome after the second character dies to it. You basically can't go below lava level in Hell on a Hardcore character without being prepared for a fight else you just die with no input allowed.
Ah, I misread demon as doll, silly me.

I'm fine with this idea, but the horrified debuff would need to be removed for it to be fair.

*Still hiding behind the desk, and yes, bad idea, but I REEEEEEEEEEEALLY had to.*
That's the sign of a poster I can respect. Like, don't get me wrong. Mechanically speaking, I utterly loathe this suggestion.

But it's hilarious because it only exists on paper and isn't a game mechanic.

Sometimes you have a bad idea. Sometimes you know something is cursed.

You don't always keep that idea to yourself.

Sometimes you throw that idea out into the wild and see how many other people you can take down with you.

Every bad idea will be a good idea to somebody else. I don't see this becoming a game mechanic, but mods can always change that.

Reactions: Bry

Only on Master mode it could be tolerable.

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom