tAPI W1K's Sizable Variety Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't know why the flipping banana phones everyone says Shockah's and Grox's don't mix or crash. Been using them together for months and no issues. I remember there was a thing with enabling either and loading a map, but it's fixed by just restarting the game, which you should do after enabling mods anyways.

So I can load a world with all my mods active and I can play around on it (I tried the "restart after reload" thing suggested above) but it crashes and exits when I try to save and exit the world. So idk, I'll turn... something off, I guess.

Don't go to the top of the world in dragon mode, it crashes you world because dragon mode follows a wyvern body so you can accidentally leave the boundaries.

I'm new here, and this might be a dumb question, but is there a way to only use the metroid stuff from this mod? Like open it in winrar and delete everything but specific stuff i wanna keep? or am i just a :red:

I'm new here, and this might be a dumb question, but is there a way to only use the metroid stuff from this mod? Like open it in winrar and delete everything but specific stuff i wanna keep? or am i just a :red:
You can indeed, altho it can possibly break some stuffs.

You can indeed, altho it can possibly break some stuffs.
would you mind telling me how? i'm not saiyan your mod is bad or anything, and it's definitely not only the metroid stuff i wanna keep; i really like the firequeen and alot of the other mobs, but i really wanna get rid of the parasprite.. X_X
[DOUBLEPOST=1425197117][/DOUBLEPOST]well damn i guess i answered my own question.. i just go in winrar and delete stuff right

would you mind telling me how? i'm not saiyan your mod is bad or anything, and it's definitely not only the metroid stuff i wanna keep; i really like the firequeen and alot of the other mobs, but i really wanna get rid of the parasprite.. X_X
[DOUBLEPOST=1425197117][/DOUBLEPOST]well damn i guess i answered my own question.. i just go in winrar and delete stuff right
Yeah, you just delete them out. Not many contents should be of any issue after deleting. Only issues I can think of are deleting any of the bosses and then using their summoning item, or deleting Medusa Heads without deleting their spawning code in ModPlayer.

Yeah, you just delete them out. Not many contents should be of any issue after deleting. Only issues I can think of are deleting any of the bosses and then using their summoning item, or deleting Medusa Heads without deleting their spawning code in ModPlayer.
well thanks for the speedy reply, i think i'll just leave it as is

Also to explain the procedure better, as it sounds like what I ment is exactly deleting stuffs directly from the .tapi file.

What you do is basically, you open the .tapi file with winrar, you copy paste the folder you find inside it into your "Documents/My Games/Terraria/TAPI/Mods/Sources" folder while leaving any other file untouched. Once done, you go inside the new copy-pasted folder and delete what you want. Once done, you run the "tAPI Builder" executable which you can find in your Terraria folder on steam and use it to compile the mod file into a new .tapi which will automatically replace the old one. You run the game and changes should happen.

Also to explain the procedure better, as it sounds like what I ment is exactly deleting stuffs directly from the .tapi file.

What you do is basically, you open the .tapi file with winrar, you copy paste the folder you find inside it into your "Documents/My Games/Terraria/TAPI/Mods/Sources" folder while leaving any other file untouched. Once done, you go inside the new copy-pasted folder and delete what you want. Once done, you run the "tAPI Builder" executable which you can find in your Terraria folder on steam and use it to compile the mod file into a new .tapi which will automatically replace the old one. You run the game and changes should happen.
ok.. that sounds easy enough, i'll give it a try. thanks for the tutorial :D

thanks again. i got it to work hehe unfortunately it wasn't even your mod that had the thing i wanted to get rid of, it was the zarprute mob from the tremor mod. i hate those things

one more question. about the medusa thing, you said i'd have to delete the codes for their spawning. how would i know if there's a mob that i would have to do that for in another mod? and what makes the medusa heads special like that, cuz they're in the dungeon? i guess that wasn't one question but y'kno

one more question. about the medusa thing, you said i'd have to delete the codes for their spawning. how would i know if there's a mob that i would have to do that for in another mod? and what makes the medusa heads special like that, cuz they're in the dungeon? i guess that wasn't one question but y'kno
What's special about Medusa Heads is, they have their own customly made spawn timer and code, instead of using the vanilla game's. Reason why I made it is so Medusa Heads will not take any npc slots nor they will spawn in place of other more "valuable" NPC, separating normal spawns and Medusa Heads spawns entirelly. As far as I know, I'm the only one who did such a thing, there might be more mods out there, altho I'm not currently aware of any.

ok i figured it was something complex like that lol you're a good teacher hahaha

Does this work for all tAPI mods?

ok i figured it was something complex like that lol you're a good teacher hahaha

i've done it so far with tremor mod, w1k, a few mobs from omnir's modpack, and berberborscing; so far i haven't ran into any problems, and it got rid of the unwanted mobs.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425226356][/DOUBLEPOST]i hope i don't run into any problems with mobs with special spawning like the medusa heads and get a crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom