Wacky NPCs Mod

The problem with giving him stuff other then new food is that the Crimson Fangirl and Waiter exist, if not for them he could have stuff like the Crimson Fishes and Fruit but since they already sell them it wouldn't make much sense to also give them to him. A small idea I did come up with is that maybe he could sell his outfit (not all the time, it could just be on halloween or full moon to not make it as rare) ? He has a good looking mustache and unless I missed it while looking at the hair styles list it's original.
As for the dialouge I doubt I'm gonna come up with something good but I'll post it if I come up with something.
The mustache is very nice. Maybe it could be a vanity?

I was looking at youtube and there is a mod called Eat Coins that has the 1.4 food buffs.
AdamChromeE? lol. I saw it too, but it has bugs. I understand how to fix them, but I don't think we will focus on Food Items, will try to do something more interesting, probably?

He could sell food unique to the crimson, like rambutan and blood oranges too, etc. (once it's 1.4) but that's just a side thing.
Also, yes, I sprited the moustache, for this character, because his face (lol) is much larger than normal town NPCs' so he needed bigger moustache too. he could sell his outfit as vanity, but it might be difficult to do that? I dunno. plus, are we talking about his large moustache on a human-like face, or the whole head as a vanity mask?

also, I dunno that mod you mention, but I think it's unnecessary to re-invent any parts of 1.4. let's just wait for it to arrive to modded. even if it might takes a while...

He could sell food unique to the crimson, like rambutan and blood oranges too, etc. (once it's 1.4) but that's just a side thing.
Also, yes, I sprited the moustache, for this character, because his face (lol) is much larger than normal town NPCs' so he needed bigger moustache too. he could sell his outfit as vanity, but it might be difficult to do that? I dunno. plus, are we talking about his large moustache on a human-like face, or the whole head as a vanity mask?

also, I dunno that mod you mention, but I think it's unnecessary to re-invent any parts of 1.4. let's just wait for it to arrive to modded. even if it might takes a while...
i made suggestions for things it could say, did you see those?

I was talking about the mustache alone, the whole head would be a lot less useful.

Also, I've got a silly idea, for decoration. Not sure how it would look like, but, going by the "Chicken Kitchen" inspiration, how about a large crimera or something hanging from the celing? (maybe in a 2nd floor. I know, the Chicken Kitchen has the large chicken on the ground floor though) - the baby face monster pet (when flying) has something that might be useful for that.

Also, I'm wondering about some sort of wall-poster. Might could be interesting.

Also, I've got a silly idea, for decoration. Not sure how it would look like, but, going by the "Chicken Kitchen" inspiration, how about a large crimera or something hanging from the celing? (maybe in a 2nd floor. I know, the Chicken Kitchen has the large chicken on the ground floor though) - the baby face monster pet (when flying) has something that might be useful for that.

Also, I'm wondering about some sort of wall-poster. Might could be interesting.
The hanging Chimera sounds like a good idea and as for the posters I think that instead of creating new stuff it would be fine to use some of the paintings already in the game

The hanging Chimera sounds like a good idea and as for the posters I think that instead of creating new stuff it would be fine to use some of the paintings already in the game
Yes. There are some paintings that would be fitting too (though the frame color is sometimes questionable)
But that's not the only thing I meant, but something on the line like a poster. maybe it wouldn't be actually in the restaurant, but either outside of it, or just a craftable deco, or something. something along the line like commercial posters.

Just the mustache

I just had a random thought, what if for the mimic merchant maybe he could have simmilar speech patterns to the mudcrab merchant from morrowind because they are both common enemies that you wouldnt expect to talk.
"'How dry I am... how dry I am... nobody knows... how dry I am....' SHAY! Hi. There. Lesh make a deal. I got... stuff. Lots. Here. See?"
"Whaddaya think? Sheesh. I'm a mudcarb... crab. Shure. A mudcrab. Thas me. Pretty sure. I LOOK like a mudcrab, right? Mush be. Thish IS me talking, right? So? I mush be...a talking mudcrab. And I sells stuff, right? So? I mush be a talking mudcrab merchant. Stands to reason, don't it?"
"Sure. Thash what I said? Did I stutter or shomethin? Talking. Mudcrab. Merchant. Read my lips. Ehr. Mouthparts? Read my mouthparts? Shomethin ain't right. But never mind. Jush one-a life's little myshteries. So. You gonna buy shomethin? Or sit here jawin' all day."
of course he wouldn't be aware he's a mimic.

I just had a random thought, what if for the mimic merchant maybe he could have simmilar speech patterns to the mudcrab merchant from morrowind because they are both common enemies that you wouldnt expect to talk.
"'How dry I am... how dry I am... nobody knows... how dry I am....' SHAY! Hi. There. Lesh make a deal. I got... stuff. Lots. Here. See?"
"Whaddaya think? Sheesh. I'm a mudcarb... crab. Shure. A mudcrab. Thas me. Pretty sure. I LOOK like a mudcrab, right? Mush be. Thish IS me talking, right? So? I mush be...a talking mudcrab. And I sells stuff, right? So? I mush be a talking mudcrab merchant. Stands to reason, don't it?"
"Sure. Thash what I said? Did I stutter or shomethin? Talking. Mudcrab. Merchant. Read my lips. Ehr. Mouthparts? Read my mouthparts? Shomethin ain't right. But never mind. Jush one-a life's little myshteries. So. You gonna buy shomethin? Or sit here jawin' all day."
of course he wouldn't be aware he's a mimic.
Interesting.
I googled it up, because I'm not familiar with the source material - which I think might be a problem here, if wanna use such quotes XD - but it appears, based on wiki, that said merchant talks funny because he's drunk?

Maybe something else would fit the mimic merchant better.
Hmm... I wonder what would be something fitting? Maybe kinda paranoid? Like, since, he's(?) a mimics, and therefore likely would spawn in stupid ways, like mimics do, players figure out that it's a mimic, and shoot at him first, before even trying to approach and talk. of course, being a friendly NPC, most attacks wouldn't harm him, but it's still probably not the best thing, if almost everyone greets you with a bullet or hurling a spell into your face XD

I've thinking of some stuff to add to the Crimson Kitchen and here's what I came up with :

1. Furniture
- A bookcase but instead of books it has some plates, bowls, utensils, etc.

2. Dialouge for the Barkeep
First of here are the lines I wrote back when I introduced the idea for his personality
- ''Greetings dear customer. May I offer you some ravishingly good tea in your times of need ?''
- ''I can assure you master/misstress that our dishes are made only out of the finest ingredients.''

And now for some new ones
- ''[name of Crimson Fangirl] comes here very regulary and she's the sweetest girl I have ever met. The way she gets excited everytime she visits this establishment has been the driving force for giving my all ever since she first came here.''
-''[name of Corruption Fangirl] occasionally accompanies [name of Crimson Fangirl] when she comes here. You can tell from the way they act that they share a deep bond with each other.''
-''There used to be a rival restaurant a long time ago called Corrupted Kitchen but they couldn't find any chefs to acctually run it so not soon after opening it shut down''
-''During my time running this establishment I have met many interesting folks ranging from sorcerers obssesed with their hats to merchants wanting to sell me Slime Oil''

I've thinking of some stuff to add to the Crimson Kitchen and here's what I came up with :

1. Furniture
- A bookcase but instead of books it has some plates, bowls, utensils, etc.

2. Dialouge for the Barkeep
First of here are the lines I wrote back when I introduced the idea for his personality
- ''Greetings dear customer. May I offer you some ravishingly good tea in your times of need ?''
- ''I can assure you master/misstress that our dishes are made only out of the finest ingredients.''

And now for some new ones
- ''[name of Crimson Fangirl] comes here very regulary and she's the sweetest girl I have ever met. The way she gets excited everytime she visits this establishment has been the driving force for giving my all ever since she first came here.''
-''[name of Corruption Fangirl] occasionally accompanies [name of Crimson Fangirl] when she comes here. You can tell from the way they act that they share a deep bond with each other.''
-''There used to be a rival restaurant a long time ago called Corrupted Kitchen but they couldn't find any chefs to acctually run it so not soon after opening it shut down''
-''During my time running this establishment I have met many interesting folks ranging from sorcerers obssesed with their hats to merchants wanting to sell me Slime Oil''
Ooh, those sound pretty good!
Also, yeah, the kitchen utensils "bookscase" sounds interesting too.
I wonder if there was anything like "Corrupt Kitchen" though - and if quotes qould suggest there was one, if it would be actually another structure...? Just maybe ruined and abamdoned.

maybe you could get the face monster guys clothes on halloween
also do you have party quotes?
There could be vanity like that, if we can make such, I guess.
Also, no party quotes yet. feel free to share, if you have any good ideas.

Ooh, those sound pretty good!
Also, yeah, the kitchen utensils "bookscase" sounds interesting too.
I wonder if there was anything like "Corrupt Kitchen" though - and if quotes qould suggest there was one, if it would be actually another structure...? Just maybe ruined and abamdoned.
Thanks. The Corrupt Kitchen was ment to be a reference to an old suggestion to have a Corruption Kitchen along with the Crimson version but the idea was quickly abandoned + the problem with figuring out who would run the Toy Shop if it was to exist (Also the 4th quote refrences Tim and Skeleton Merchent btw). Having it exist as a structure could be nice but what reason would you have to look for it ?

perhaps he could refrence the mimic merchant in a quote like "I never thought I'd meet a talking chest. Let alone one that thinks he's a (INSERTWHATEVERHETHINKSHEISHERE )" BTW what DOES he think he is

Last edited:
Thanks. The Corrupt Kitchen was ment to be a reference to an old suggestion to have a Corruption Kitchen along with the Crimson version but the idea was quickly abandoned + the problem with figuring out who would run the Toy Shop if it was to exist (Also the 4th quote refrences Tim and Skeleton Merchent btw). Having it exist as a structure could be nice but what reason would you have to look for it ?
Yeah, I got the references.
Well, I dunno either, so, yeah, without a function, it has no reason to be there... dunno XD

Back
Top Bottom