Blocks & Decoration Water Geyser Trap

Snickerbobble

The Painter
In a new playthrough I came across the new Geyser traps so I wondered, what if there was a water variant found higher up in the underground?

Instead of dealing direct damage, it would send a harmless blast of water shooting the player up high (about 30 or so blocks) for possible fall damage on the way down. They could also be used for adventure maps, shooting a player high up onto a platform or over a wall, for example. Or send enemies effected by knockback around. :dryadhappy: It would borrow the color of the current biome's water color, so a Water Geyser in the Hallow will spray pink water, or purple if in the Corruption.

To disambiguate it from the current Geyser trap, that one could be renamed to Fire Geyser or Lava Geyser. What do you think?

In a new playthrough I came across the new Geyser traps so I wondered, what if there was a water variant found higher up in the underground?

Instead of dealing direct damage, it would send a harmless blast of water shooting the player up high (about 30 or so blocks) for possible fall damage on the way down. They could also be used for adventure maps, shooting a player high up onto a platform or over a wall, for example. Or send enemies effected by knockback around. :dryadhappy: It would borrow the color of the current biome's water color, so a Water Geyser in the Hallow will spray pink water, or purple if in the Corruption.

To disambiguate it from the current Geyser trap, that one could be renamed to Fire Geyser or Lava Geyser. What do you think?
Geysers still shoot super hot water so you could possibly add a debuff and a little damage by the geyser. Maybe the debuff could be called "Scalded"

I think there could be evem more, like Steam Geyser, Steam + water geyser (other word could be hot water). Steam particles will remain small time to add atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom