what are your "this world hates me" moments?

vmar98

Official Terrarian
after the reticules amount of badluck I've had in my world I wanted to tell my experience with my world and see if other people had similar moments

my world choses the worst moments to start a solar eclips.
1st solar eclips: after 30 minutes I finally make a home in the underground jungle to fight plantera and the nurse is finally there *a solar eclipse accourd*
2nd solar eclips: just died in the hardmode dungeon. I have little to no bullets and I have no potions, *a solar eclips accourd* *nurse dies*. *finished the solar eclips* and I find a martian probe. took me about an hour to defeat the martian madness because the martian saucer kept killing me.
3th solar eclips: *a solar eclips accoured* no bullets left "the arms dealer is still alive, I can still make bull-" *arms dealer dies*
4th solar eclips: doing the lunar event (while I was not ready at all so I died a lot) nurse just died, *a solar eclips acoured*
5th solar eclips: just finished the pumpkin moon *a solar eclips accoured*
note: this all happened in the same world

1st morning in hard mode

Pirates a invading!

Checks ammo

12 meteorite

Next week

Defeats invasion using a tendon bow (Ranger class play through and my gun dealer was killed instantly)

Explores

No hallow biome

Both beaches corrupt

Ragequit

1st day: Solar Eclipse.
2nd day: Solar Eclipse.
2nd night: Blood Moon.
3rd day: Solar Eclipse.

Got sick of them.

It rains far too often in my world(s), and Solar Eclipses are rarer than Bloodroot, which do not spawn.
*note: I am on PS3.

Killed pirates at 3 am, then the goblin army came. And on that night, a blood moon AND Skeletron Prime decided to spawn. Defeated Prime, then comes the Solar Eclipse

I swear sometimes Terraria isn't RNG based

I don't know what it is, but I never seem to ever get the Pirate or Goblin Invasion early in hardmode, with very uncommon exceptions. Frankly, I could do with a Cutlass, or Shadowflame weapons before they are outclassed by weapons I've acquired before I fight them.

Plus, I've never seen a really early natural spawn of a mech boss either.

I must be on the truly opposite end of the spectrum for luck in terms of naturally triggered events.

Last edited:
*Starts new Tank playthrough* *goes to dungeon* *realizes that the dungeon can't be entered because it has glitch merged into a cave* *cries*

Mobile
Went speklunking as a new character in a new world. Already got some NPC's as well.
Yus! Found my 5th Heart Crystal, and an underground house!
Lemme jus-
-Lyven died from boulder-
Crap, my 30 gold. I forgot to store it.
Finally, my gol-
-Gets shot by dart trap twice-
-dies from poison-
Ughh....
Lemme mine the traps, ever so slowly
-mines touchplates of dart traps-
-accidentally jumps to a grey pressure plate-
-Lyven died from boulder-
FFS
-Finally got gold back, heart crystal, and loots from gold chest in underground house-
-Lyven died from explosion-

This really ticked me off. This happened to me around 2 weeks ago from today, after the fixes for Terraria Mobile.

• Whilst fighting the Wall of Flesh, "A Goblin Army is approaching." In Expert. (for the record, yes, i got absolutely rekt by the Summoners)
  • getting 5 Last Prisms IN A ROW on my Melee Tank. (STILL haven't gotten a Meowmere)
  • Getting a Jungle, Snow, Hallow, and Corruption key without trying to, then having to farm for 4 hours to get a Crimson key. (again on my melee tank)

(Starts a new world, and goes mining) oh yes 20 gold from all of these monsters and 201 platinum ore. goes a little deeper boom explosives trap (dropped) 10 gold ''me'' fuuuuuuuuuuuu (trying to find my 10 gold) boooom another explosive trap ''dropped 5 gold'' then i rage quited and deleted my world.

but then i realized i had 201 platinum ore and i could farm that gold back.

*exploring surface*
Oh, look it's the jungle. Wait what is that in the sky?
*background becomes purple*
It's a Eater of Souls? What is it doing here?
*walks a bit more to the left*
BOOM. Corruption right in the middle of the jungle. ;(
When you get 15 :red:ing crimson worlds in a row and not a single corruption
DAMN YOU, RNG
I feel ya.

When I don't have enough money, the travelling merchant comes with lots if good items, especially the Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole, and more than ONCE.
Then, when I have enough money, he comes with Pho, Dynasty Wood or other items that I've already bought.

Also, when I what a sloar eclipse for farming, it refuse to come, but when I tried to build something, it comes in a row.

Also, I recently found it hard to get a Water Walking Boots.

BOOM. Corruption right in the middle of the jungle.

And I have a world with crimson in the Jungle AND Snow.

(mobile)
I went to try and get a world with a snow biome but I created something like 10 or 20 world's and I didn't even get ANY snow biomes

when I stumble upon 1.3 spoilers.
you PC users get everything.

also when I realise I'm underground and near a dungeon that I haven't beat.
aka lolterrarian was shredded by Dungeon Guardian

what also sucks is when me and my brother are trying to kill a boss and..
"The Goblin Army is Approaching!"

Last edited:
1). When ALL of the sword shrines' entrance pits are buried several meters underground to the point you can't find a single one without tunnelling horizontally for hours.

2). When Both oceans are right next to Crimson or Corruption from the very beginning. (this sucks because of fishing reasons)

3). When a World has no Ice Skates or Flower Boots and it takes you absolutely forever to find an Anklet of the Wind.

4). When you get a really small Lihzarhd Altar Room (making it impossible to farm cells while killing Golem).

5). When there's almost zero flat land near the starting point and there's desert and snow on either side of you and you barely have any forest whatsoever to work with. (which is... 80% of the time in 1.3......)
[DOUBLEPOST=1443397943,1443397902][/DOUBLEPOST]
when I stumble upon 1.3 spoilers.
you PC users get everything.

Come and join us! Terraria is only $9.99 and it runs on even lower powered PCs.

My second "this world hates me" moment. This happened when I first started playing Terraria, so I didn't know what to do.

I had 180 HP and full lead armor.
Found 2 heart crystals.
Took 'em and used 'em.

"You feel an evil presence watching you..."

I had no weapons.
Quickly went home and bought surikans with all the money I had(not much).
Defeated The Eye of Cthulhu(tough battle)
In the morning,

"The Goblin Army is approaching from the east!"

Completed event, but died many times.
That night,

"The Blood Moon is rising..."

This happened way back when hard mode was first introduced, we just beat the Wall of Flesh and returned to the surface... game was like "Hope you like this Hard Mode Bloody Full Moon"

Back
Top Bottom