What do you dislike about Terraria?

You go upwards? Why?

If you need to go back to spawn you should have found at least a few potions for it and if not then just exit and return to game or commit suicide if you're in Softcore.

If you're worried about fall damage on your next trip then use cobwebs or water to break your fall.

And if you're using wooden platforms shouldn't you be using rope?

Well, I didnt even realized ropes existed until WAY later (I had a LONG hiatus from Terraria since I quit at 1.0.6 and I returned just recently, that was back when ropes did not exist). But the point is the same, the result is lots of Wooden Platform/Rope spam. Its just annoying to deal with, which is why I, and I am guessing most people, rush to get the Hook first.

Also, you sometimes want to mine something thats on the ceiling. Good luck doing that without any accesory. Even more PLatform/rope spam ensues... its just annoying.

What are you using to fight him? If you use the right weapon with the right setup, you can literally kill him in seconds

i havent defeated any hardmode bosses yet so i mainly use beam sword, titanium repeater, star cannon, beenades, alot of potions, grenades, shotgun, poison staff, spider staff, and adamantite armor

I'll jump on the cart of "I dislike how the Corruption and Crimson destroy the Jungle". It's just such a huge hassle trying to quarantine the place pre-hardmode, only to get the Hallow line by the Jungle instead of the Crimson line... or successfully quarantining it, only for one of the 'random block of Corruption/Crimson' to spawn inside of your quarantined Jungle from the breaking of altars. %-_- Seriously, they should do away with that.

I also don't like how you can't build NPC houses in or too close to corrupted land types aside the Hallow.

I actually don't mind the RNG, but I wish it were implemented differently. Having spent a couple years as a Rare Spawn Hunter in WoW before the game lost favor with me, I'm rather partial to the idea of searching for things that are rare, but it'd be nicer if it were more concrete. I'd rather the super-rare items be bound, instead, to super-rare monsters that have a 100% chance to drop their item. That way, when you're going through the game, when you see that mob, you get excited. Rather than just chugging through hundreds of the same monster HOPING you get the thing you want. Something with rarity and relative difficulty of the Lost Girl, but without a worthless and un-guaranteed loot table. Something with difficulty relative to the value or power of the item it drops, so that if you run into it earlier than endgame, you're still in for a challenging fight fitting of the amazing thing you're gonna get for succeeding.

I mean, I should know how it feels to get excited upon seeing a rare monster with a guaranteed awesome drop.

OMGOMGOMG2.jpg

And I spent a LOT of time hunting him.
TLPD-SRSFKNBZNS.jpg

It just feels a lot more rewarding. At least to me.

I'd rather the super-rare items be bound, instead, to super-rare monsters that have a 100% chance to drop their item. That way, when you're going through the game, when you see that mob, you get excited. Rather than just chugging through hundreds of the same monster HOPING you get the thing you want. Something with rarity and relative difficulty of the Lost Girl, but without a worthless and un-guaranteed loot table.

ALL I WANT IS A FLOWER POW ;_;

Just few things that I really don't like about Terraria, which usually cause me to stop playing after I spend sometime with the game

1) The difference between game play when you first start and when you get up there with gear and equipment. Basically when you just start with new world and new character, its slower pace survival exploration game, but as you keep playing it just becomes crazy @$$ action platformer.

I get it, it is the point of the game to build up your character and make player feel stronger, but I just don't like how it basically becomes a different game.

2) Majority of the items in the game are worthless, or become worthless as you progress through the game. At this point its just the spirit of Terraria, it has bunch of items which are poor even from the start and that's just what they are, you either collect them because that's what you do, or you just don't care about them and ignore them. But either way I just feel like a lot of efforts of artists and the programmers go to waste by creating so many items that are not interesting or useful.

I would rather be fine with having few but well thought out and useful items, that you might keep upgrading and keep useful through out your progress, than having dozens of items with very similar functions, with just few actually useful ones and which are only useful of certain time before you get better one.

Also I hate how so many resources like metals lose their value too. I always wondered why not use lower grade resources in high tier crafting. Make player use up stacks and stacks of copper, iron, gold, silver, all sorts of gems and stuff to craft top tier gear, because why not? You end up with so much extra metals that do nothing, that it only would make sense to through them in the mix of crafting stuff later in the game.

3) Potions that last only few minutes in a game that you spend hours playing. Not really a big deal to me as I simply end up not using potions majority of the time, but I wish they would make potions bigger part of the game, make you HAVE to want to get all those buffs, make the recipes for potions long and elaborate with many ingredients, BUT make the buffs last for like an hour if not more. Maybe add whole new purity system for the potions where depending on the amount and quality of ingredients that player uses potions can have different strength and buff longevity. So I could either quickly make potion with mediocre effects that lasts 15 minutes, or if I really put a lot of effort I could make potion with awesome buff that lasts two hours.

Like seriously, considering how many potions there are in the game, I am really surprised we don't have a better alchemy system by now. It really would come down to adjusting a lot of numbers, but no real additional effects or extreme elaborate or complicated coding should be required to add something like that.

That's about it though, those three things get me about every time, basically once I get close and closer to the end game I look at stacks of worthless stuff sitting in my chests or scattered around my world and look at my character approaching status of the living god, and the game gets boring pretty quick from that point on.

Okay im sorry but i've gotta ask.
What the f*** is "RGN"?

Thats all of what im seeing and i have no idea what it stands for. lol

Okay im sorry but i've gotta ask.
What the f*** is "RGN"?

Thats all of what im seeing and i have no idea what it stands for. lol
RNG, Random Number Generation, it determines the odds of you getting an item from either a chest, or a mob.

I dislike it when I built my home in the normal greens biome, but the snow from the biome about 10 feet away manages to get inside, making my fps lag sometimes, and it is just distracting. I hoped the snow would fall on the roof, but no, once the roof isn't in your screen, snow magically falls infront of you. I understand it is a perspective point of view, but it is just ridiculous and annoying. I regret building my home so close to the snow biome.

I also don't like in late pre-hardmode I start throwing away iron and lead, but then you need it in Hardmode for making some good items.

I also don't like in late pre-hardmode I start throwing away iron and lead, but then you need it in Hardmode for making some good items.
Considering that you can see what it´s used for on the Guide´s GUI, and that it is vital for wiring and moving fluids around, that is hardly problematic.

Probably the biggest frustration for me is inventory and storage management.

I love exploring and adventuring, and I love looting all the things, but constantly having to stop and open my backpack to look for the stupid little worthless single items that I can destroy to make room is such a drag and kills my momentum constantly. Especially in biomes like the Jungle, where your backpack fills up within minutes with all kinds of junk (which you can't help picking up, since everything is automagically vaccuumed into your inventory), it's just a constant frustration. The Quick Stack and other container functions definitely help (especially over how it used to be, back in 1.0) but I still feel like I spend an obnoxious amount of time struggling with a full inventory or overloaded storage. The best I can say about it is that I've gotten really good at stopping in mid-Dungeon to deploy my Piggy Bank and Safe and organizing both for maximum Quick-stacking effectiveness, but it doing so still dampens the fun and excitement of fighting and exploring.

i see a lot of individuals saying they don't like the rng. i actually do like it. without it, the game would be far too easy to get everything. i already feel like the adventure ends too soon, leaving nothing but building stuff afterwords. i really want larger world sizes, just so it isn't so easy to get and do everything.

i love building, don't get me wrong. but when that is my only option because i did/got everything else, things get boring faster. i think rng (within reason) gives games more replay value. i want there to be things that i could play for a long time and still not have it (not tons of stuff like that. i think some here and there is good though).
i love diablo 3 though, so rng in terraria is like baby level. XD

I hate the fact that the jungle can be destroyed by corruption and crimson.
i wouldn't really say that i fully dislike this aspect by itself. my problem lies more with not having a way (reasonable) to stop corruption/crimson/hallow from spreading in hardmode. i really wish that there was some endgame mechanic/event/item that would make it so you could permanently stop them from spreading. or at least control when the can/can't spread.

i've had worlds where there wasn't much jungle to begin with, because the world gen spawned corruption throughout most of it. then when the world entered hardmode, there was litterally only a small portion of underground jungle. i had to spend a ton of time digging out a big tunnel all the way around it, just so i didn't completely lose the jungle in that world.

@Daimera i just read your post and realized that you and i have some rather similar views.

i think that there is a lot of value in your rare mob (with guaranteed loot) idea, overall. i get the feeling it could use a bit of fine tuning. but definitely a good idea. i dislike it when farming for a certain item from a mob that drops something else that looks similar at a glance. just that initial rise in hopes then them getting crushed when you see it wasn't the item you wanted off it. XD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom