What do you think is the WORST TOOL in Terraria?

I guess that if you found out a way to hack that in you could probably find out a way for it to give you like +100000 health or some thing -_-

........except the copper pickaxe literally does more damage and it is easier to hit them with it.
The Copper Shortsword has slightly higher DPS, I think. Good for those zombies if you take a bit too long to get a better weapon.

Of course, I should state that Pearlwood Hammer, in the context of a normal playthrough with a fresh character and world, is easily one of the single worst tools, for it is already obsolete by the time you can get it, seeing as it's worse than the Pwnhammer, the Wall of Flesh always drops a Pwnhammer, and you can't even access the Hallow in the first place without defeating the Wall of Flesh.

The Copper Shortsword has slightly higher DPS, I think. Good for those zombies if you take a bit too long to get a better weapon.

Higher DPS, if you can push an enemy up against a wall so that it doesn't get knocked back out of your hilariously short range, maybe. The pickaxe, though, has an overhead swing which makes it MUCH easier to hit enemies with, and because of that, you will hit the enemy more reliably and you will get hit less yourself, which is win-win.

Of course, I should state that Pearlwood Hammer, in the context of a normal playthrough with a fresh character and world, is easily one of the single worst tools, for it is already obsolete by the time you can get it, seeing as it's worse than the Pwnhammer, the Wall of Flesh always drops a Pwnhammer, and you can't even access the Hallow in the first place without defeating the Wall of Flesh.

Yeah, any of the pearlwood equipment is just "why is this even here?". You'd think they could have at least said "Pearlwood has MAGIC" and made it at least as strong as the pwnhammer or something... or at least close? I dunno. Maybe faster swinging but just slightly less hammer power? Who knows.

I guess the pearlwood equipment is just there for item collectors who don't like that you can't make certain basic items from one type of wood.

Generally, I think there's always a fine balance to strike between, on one hand, trying to make everything useful in some way and, on the other hand, avoiding that the new item becomes "necessary". I'm fine with pearlwood equipment being useless. One less thing to care about and more wood for furniture or similar.

Probably mothron wings. No horizontal boost is realy bad for that point in the game. At least it looks cool.

EDIT: also the ice bow, it sucks.

Last edited:
Copper Broadsword. It's just useless to get because even the Cactus Sword does more damage and is much less of a hassle to get

Sand Gun, it makes your world so messy, does little damage and is not worth the crafting effort.

Remember when this used to be extremely hard to create?

Illegal Gun Parts used to be 75 Gold and could only be bought on certain nights

Getting topaz was pretty easy, but no floor gems (anyone remember the old gem sprites)

Antlion Mandibles.... UGGGHHHH..... Those things were very hard to come by in 1.1, now we got fancy underground deserts!

Pretty sure nobody has managed to match the Tin Pickaxe yet, out of all of these mentions.

You start with the Copper Pickaxe, and the Tin Pickaxe requires one to mine up Tin and it is comparable or inferior to the much easier to obtain Cactus Pickaxe.

There is literally zero actual reason to ever make or use a Tin Pickaxe whatsoever. Outside of a 5% difference in Pickaxe Power (which doesn't change much of anything about how fast you can dig), there's practically no difference between the Tin and Copper Pickaxes, and the Cactus Pickaxe is far faster to obtain as you only need 15 cactus and a workbench instead of needing tin ore, furnace, wood, and anvil.

Back
Top Bottom